01-01-2014 08:38 PM
167 ... 34567
tools
    Download the MiRaGe ROM and the 20110828 Gapps from your computer. If you have no computer, find someone who has one.
    Put the SD card into the computer and transfer the ROM and Gapps straight over. Put back into the phone and flash from the recovery.
    Note: Make sure phone is off when pulling and put back the SD card.
    Let me know now when you think you can get this accomplished so I can be here to help with anything.
    11-15-2013 04:46 PM
    LOL. You keep nija'ing me.
    LOL my bad cont. how do i flash from recovery?
    11-15-2013 04:48 PM
    Download the MiRaGe ROM and the 20110828 Gapps from your computer. If you have no computer, find someone who has one.
    Put the SD card into the computer and transfer the ROM and Gapps straight over. Put back into the phone and flash from the recovery.
    Note: Make sure phone is off when pulling and put back the SD card.
    Let me know now when you think you can get this accomplished so I can be here to help with anything.
    11-15-2013 04:53 PM
    Do you need some help with the proper wipe and fromat procedure before flashing the ROM?
    What are the options for wiping in the COT recovery?
    11-15-2013 04:56 PM
    Do you need some help with the proper wipe and fromat procedure before flashing the ROM?
    What are the options for wiping in the COT recovery?
    Good to go now
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    11-15-2013 05:23 PM
    i did all the steps. got to pram 8 and it went back to LG bootloop logo
    12-01-2013 05:08 PM
    Do you have a ZV4 or ZV5 Optimus V?
    12-02-2013 02:53 PM
    Mine just keeps saying PHONE WAS NOT FOUND. cannot seem to get devmgmt to recognize anything has been plugged in, either.
    12-06-2013 03:55 AM
    More info please.
    What have you installed on your computer, what problem is your phone having and how did this problem come about.

- - - Updated - - -

More info please.
    What have you installed on your computer, what problem is your phone having and how did this problem come about.
    12-06-2013 10:44 AM
    [GUIDE] Unbrick/Upgrade Optimus V [EASY] [KDZ]-2013-12-15-13.11.26.jpg im stuck on CMW based recovery v4.0.1.5 cant find a way to get out of this screen for months, better to toss phone?
    12-15-2013 01:16 PM
    Download the zipped version of Xionia. Put it on the root of the sd card. In your CWM recovery install the Xionia.zip like you would a ROM (you don't need to wipe anything). Once installed go to the advanced section and select the "reboot recovery" option. It will now boot into the Xionia recovery. Install a Froyo ROM, then install the Touchscreen CWM recovery from it. Now you are ready to install a Jellybean ROM.

Xionia recovery in zipped form: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html Go to bottom of first post. Click on the attachment.

Resurrected Bumblebee (Froyo ROM-it also has the activate app, so make a backup of it): http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-1-themes.html

Touch Screen recovery, CWMT Recovery_5.0.2.7-th7_thunderc.img: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-touch-ov.html Use the second link.

Bean_Whiz (Jellybean ROM with a Galaxy S4 touchwhiz theme): http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3098301
    badblue1__ likes this.
    12-15-2013 06:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-15 13.11.26.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	96880 im stuck on CMW based recovery v4.0.1.5 cant find a way to get out of this screen for months, better to toss phone?
    Install the xionia recovery from Andys post above and find the fix recovery loop option and reboot. You should boot into your rom at this point if not you'll either have to restore a backup you made previously or if you don't have one you'll be able to flash a new rom with xionia

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 09:25 PM
    I have a borked optimus v that I'm trying to get working again. I have followed the procedure in the root post and will attach the log file. After the recovery is completed, the phone boots, shows the Virgin logo and plays the startup sounds, then it gets to the part where it says android on the middle of the screen with the brightness moving across the word, then there is a quick flash which I believe is some error happening and then it just goes back to saying android. It never finishes booting and while I can see the phone with adb, its status is offline. So at this point I am stuck as far as recovery is concerned. It appears that the phone is not booting far enough to be online and start up the usb services.

There is, unfortunately, no usable recovery on the phone - that's why I was attempting to return it to stock to start all over again. Long story, not important - no recovery on the phone. Won't make that mistake again!

Does the log indicate a problem? It seems to complete and reboot the phone. The phone did work before I managed to mess it up, so the hardware is good. Could it be related to the memory card? I wasn't sure what partitioning and filesystems the phone expected to find when booting the stock firmware after unbricking. I tried fat32 and ext3, I believe. What does the stock install from the unbrick procedure expect to see on the memory cards for number of partitions and types? Or does it have nothing to do with the memory card? Should it be able to boot up without a memory card?

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
    12-27-2013 03:17 AM
    If you made it through the process and are now hanging up on the android logo. Try booting to recovery, you should have stock recovery at this point. Try factory reset and restart the phone. Of that doesn't work you could try the zv9 update.zip

yaconsult likes this.
    12-27-2013 11:42 AM
    Ah, I didn't realize that the process also restored a stock recovery. I tried powering up with the home, volume down, power button and all I get is a black screen with the backlight on.

Could it be a version issue? Might it be one of the newer models with the newer screens? Or should this recovery method work with either screen?

How about the several places where the log says stuff like:
    23:42:04 : CDMA: wParam = 20, lParam = 507
    23:42:04 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 507)
    Is that normal or does it indicate a problem? Or does the fact that it says "Step : UPDATE FINISHED! " at the end mean that everything was successful?

Because it never completes booting, adb sees the phone as offline so all I have to work with is emergency mode - no adb or fastboot. Do I need to find a ZV9.kdz to use with emergency mode instead of the ZV5.kdz that it comes with?

Thanks for your help!
    12-27-2013 01:12 PM
    Hmm well try seeing what adb says when you try booting to recovery (black screen)

yaconsult likes this.
    12-27-2013 01:38 PM
    OK - here's what I did... USB and battery pull. Battery back in. Hold home, volume down, power. LG logo displays and then black screen with backlighting on. Plug in usb cable. No windows ding and no devices shown from adb devices.

Tried normal boot again to verify usb connection and I get the windows ding, the virgin animation, then the hang at the android display on the screen and the phone shows in adb devices but is offline. Tried again, this time plugging in the usb first and the phone shows in adb as offline until the recovery starts, ie, black screen, then it disappears.
    12-27-2013 02:05 PM
    Hmm ok I was hoping the black screen when in recovery mode just ment the recovery installed but had the wrong screen drivers but that doesn't sound like the case. I do have an idea we could try but maybe before that AndyOpie150 will drop in. He's got more experience with kdz then me

yaconsult likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:17 PM
    Just something to try...
    Let it boot normally until adb sees it and try adb reboot recovery

yaconsult likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:21 PM
    I'm expecting it'll just boot to the black screen but it will show us that the phone can take some adb commands

yaconsult likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:23 PM
    Yes, I tried those. The problem is that as soon as the phone shows up in adb its status is offline. So no adb commands are possible, including reboot recovery. I believe the boot has to reach a certain point before the usb drivers are loaded and the phone becomes "online" as far as adb is concerned and it's never making it that far. Did you see those messages about "Model Dll Msg Not Found" when you reflashed from emergency mode?
    12-27-2013 02:32 PM
    I've never used kdz personally. So i can't help with it much. Are you going to need the phone useable as far as making calls? Because I know another method sure to revive it as far as getting Android os up and running but it'll clear all radio data. So it'd be a lot of work to get calling back and probably never get Mobil data

yaconsult likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:54 PM
    I've never used kdz personally. So i can't help with it much. Are you going to need the phone useable as far as making calls? Because I know another method sure to revive it as far as getting Android os up and running but it'll clear all radio data. So it'd be a lot of work to get calling back and probably never get Mobil data
    This is my testing/backup phone so I would like to have everything working again, if possible. I am also using it to learn about the recovery processes for this phone should I need them for my primary phone. I'm kind of puzzled that this process which seems to have worked for others doesn't work for me.
    12-27-2013 03:11 PM
    There's been lots of people who had trouble with it as well

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    yaconsult likes this.
    12-28-2013 01:28 AM
    Look at this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post3204515
    Tell me if it went as far as it should have.
    We need to see if we can get it into the fastboot screen somehow. If your showing just a black screen then the recovery partition might have gotten messed up a little, we will need fastboot commands to wipe it and install good recovery, if you have no adb working on phone.

If you have a ZV4 phone you will be better off with this: VM670ZV4_KP500 this also has my updated instructions. You can get into the fastboot screen easier with this.
    yaconsult and thewraith420 like this.
    12-28-2013 09:22 AM
167 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD