[APP] Recovery Flasher Utility

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Some devices use fastboot commands to flash recoveries and kernels

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Were you answering this question below or just making a suggestion about how to support more devices? Because i was asking about licensing.

Wait so what am I supposed to do to my code? Add something saying I own it and license people to use it to all the code?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Update will show up in a few hours that installs flash_image on phones that don't have it but warns users that don't have it that the app may not work. Latest flash_image by CM is 25 KB as opposed to 12 KB one we use in our roms... hmmm.

Anyway, update out.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

Wait so what am I supposed to do to my code? Add something saying I own it and license people to use it to all the code?

Evolution users the apahe2 license, and since copy-right is automatic when published both work as protection. When I release my own app the source is going to be under the apahe2 license.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Evolution users the apahe2 license, and since copy-right is automatic when published both work as protection. When I release my own app the source is going to be under the apahe2 license.

Thanks. I'm still confused though so I'll have to do some research and pick some brains.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

Update out to the app.... had to add a permissions fix if installing flash_image was necessary.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yo Jonny you said this didn't work on the OS. Did you try it more than once?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Updated to fix the problem people were having when flashing recovery as soon as the app opened.

More technically, I added a waiting period in the code while it flashes and asks for root so that it does the job right without it being noticeable to the user... my code is starting to get messy...

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
You the man ACR! You saw a problem and you made a solution. I started out my android life on sdx though on the Samsung intercept so I was using Joey Krim's flashimagegui for over a year and have never had any problems with it so that's what I keep on my SD card. I did try your app out though and it does do everything it is meant to do. Much love and don't stop now.

PS I love your themes :beer:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Also I like how small you've made your app. I so wish there was an option to refine your search on play by app size. I would bet 98 percent of the time people would download the smallest app to meet their needs.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Also I like how small you've made your app. I so wish there was an option to refine your search on play by app size. I would bet 98 percent of the time people would download the smallest app to meet their needs.

That's an extremely valid point right there. An option like that would be incredible.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781