Heh, title came out kinda long, didn't know what to put.

This is Quickpic, a replacement for the slow Gallery on Froyo, And Gingerbread!

It can be flash on any rom, but on CM7, it will replace the Default Gallery.

On CM9, it will simply add Quickpic as a system app. ICS Gallery will be there still.

Normally if you try to use Titanium backup to turn it into a System app, it crashes on start. This fixes it.

http://db.tt/McVwdZz0

Installation

1. Download

2. Reboot into Recovery

3. Flash like any other zip

4. Enjoy

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    freakyfriday likes this.
    08-07-2012 04:24 AM
    Heh, title came out kinda long, didn't know what to put.

This is Quickpic, a replacement for the slow Gallery on Froyo, And Gingerbread!

It can be flash on any rom, but on CM7, it will replace the Default Gallery.

On CM9, it will simply add Quickpic as a system app. ICS Gallery will be there still.

Normally if you try to use Titanium backup to turn it into a System app, it crashes on start. This fixes it.

http://db.tt/McVwdZz0

Installation

1. Download

2. Reboot into Recovery

3. Flash like any other zip

4. Enjoy

Why do you want it as a system app? There is hardly any room on they system partition as is. I just use a root file manager and delete gallery.apk. and keep quickpic on the app or sdext partition. I have never had any problems.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    08-07-2012 07:21 AM
    Well this has been done for a while now. You could always replace Gallery 3d with the QuickPic apk in the zip folder you install a rom from.
    08-07-2012 09:43 AM
    Why do you want it as a system app? There is hardly any room on they system partition as is. I just use a root file manager and delete gallery.apk. and keep quickpic on the app or sdext partition. I have never had any problems.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    It works better on CM7. ICS gallery isnt really slow. But Quickpic is just what i recommend.

Well this has been done for a while now. You could always replace Gallery 3d with the QuickPic apk in the zip folder you install a rom from.
    You cannot. It will crash every time you try to open it, thus, I made this zip.

08-07-2012 01:39 PM
    Lurkin, do you have permission from the developer of Quickpic to distribute this application yourself?

08-07-2012 04:17 PM
    Not necessary, didn't know it was needed. J figured since I didn't include it into a from or anything similar, it wasn't needed

08-08-2012 01:24 AM
    Doing some research, there is no premium version, the developer's website is very lacking, and they also distribute it for a direct download. I'd say you're good.
    ThatGuyLurkin likes this.
    08-08-2012 10:47 AM
    I don't know why, but when I install it from the rom zip itself by replacing gallery3d it works fine....

08-10-2012 07:11 PM
    Yes, it works by installing it normal, because it adds the lib. This zip makes it a SYSTEM app. Making it pre-installed.

08-11-2012 12:03 AM
    link is down someone please reupload
    thanks
    12-16-2013 07:19 AM
    Can you link this again ?
    10-21-2014 05:36 PM
    Can you link this again ?
    quick Google search gives developer website with linked downloads.
    Alen Software
    10-22-2014 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD