'Hello,
    I have an LG Optumus V My fiance recently put on CM9 for me I was able to get apps etc. for a while now it just started giving me "package file invalid" I had CM7 in the past & had this same issue & was able to fix it with the MarketFix app, well i tried it this time with no luck & yes i have tried the clear cache, data, yada yada yada & that does NOT work.
    anyone else find a fix for this beside either of those things? Im not sure if theres something different i could do to fix it since i have the new CM9 which is still buggy & its the beta version.
    help? thank you!!
    08-07-2012 02:14 PM
    upgrade to tdms latest b2 nightly or bobz latest rc2... full wipe/format... sd/ext partion is needed (if you havent already)...
    08-07-2012 02:26 PM
    Did wipe Dalvik cache too?
    08-07-2012 02:27 PM
    Did wipe Dalvik cache too?
    what is Dalvik? & where do i find that?

upgrade to tdms latest b2 nightly or bobz latest rc2... full wipe/format... sd/ext partion is needed (if you havent already)...
    I do not understand any of that??? LOL
    & i am not looking to have my phone wiped out again, do not have time to do that.
    Im looking for a easy fix where i dont have to wipe out my phone.
    08-07-2012 02:43 PM
    i am trying out bobz cm9 and i get "package file invalid" when trying to install several programs and "application not installed" when trying to install a custom keyboard and some other programs. i have the same problem with quattrimus cm9. i do not have this problem with cold as ice. i do have an sd-ext partition. i kinda wish i could get rid of the built-in sd-ext scripts so i could use link2sd.
    08-07-2012 02:44 PM
    what is Dalvik? & where do i find that?
    I had the same problem on my Optimus V when i did a fresh flash.

In your recovery Wipe Cache like normal.
    Now im not sure which recovery you are using but in mine the Wipe Dalvik Cache
    is under the Advanced menu so if your recovery has that, try looking for it there.

When you reboot it will take longer than usual to start so don't be scared, but by wiping both of these, google play will work right.

If you are still having problems then just reflash your rom.
    08-07-2012 03:09 PM
    I do not understand any of that??? LOL
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-rc2-bobz.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...rimus-ics.html

i am trying out bobz cm9 and i get "package file invalid" when trying to install several programs and "application not installed" when trying to install a custom keyboard and some other programs. i have the same problem with quattrimus cm9. i do not have this problem with cold as ice.
    from: http://forums.androidcentral.com/vir...e-invalid.html
    I fixed it by linking library files to SD with link2sd.
    i do have an sd-ext partition. i kinda wish i could get rid of the built-in sd-ext scripts so i could use link2sd.
    remove them from the zip before flashing using gedit/7zip/etc... (system/etc/init.d)
    08-07-2012 03:28 PM
    sorry but I dont understand any of this
    my phone was just redone so i am Not looking to have to redo it over again
    My fiance just put CM9 in it(the beta version) & things were going good till the package file invalid started. I need an easy fix without having to redo my phone or reload everything....Please read my first post to what i have tried.
    08-11-2012 10:35 AM
    Use my backup root. It will backup all apps and let you do a batch restore when wiped. I use SMS backup as well.
    What recovery do you have? I know you don't wanna wipe,but it's the only way that I know of to fix this.
    08-11-2012 11:14 PM
    I still don't understand. Why is it " needed "? Isn't ONLY for those who use mire than 179 MBs

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-2012 11:26 PM
    Use my backup root. It will backup all apps and let you do a batch restore when wiped. I use SMS backup as well.
    What recovery do you have? I know you don't wanna wipe,but it's the only way that I know of to fix this.
    Still happening to me. I have no idea what recovery i have? my fiance did all this for me & would not have the time to do it right now. All i know is i have the new CM9 the beta version that is out & i could not redo this myself.
    08-15-2012 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD