[kernel] GB/IHO jawz101-20120907(now with USB fastcharge mod)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
lI'd love to try out what you have in Kool-blue if you've made enough changes to separate it from the original hydro-kernel

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Baseband on Mandylion IHO ROM[/QUOTE]

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing wifi error message
In wireless network settings- will not conncet connected to wifi--err.. suggestions ? anyone else sayhisor issue ?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i had that issue with mrgs last few kernels and both of jawz kernels... please note, that in my experience, wifi was operational on zv9, but borked on zv5... i thought i had mentioned this somewhere but perhaps it slipped my mind... :)

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm -- no issue whatsoever with mrGslatest ROM/KERNAL. Only just now started with jawz's mennal

---------- Post Merged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Just flash this yesterday and hope this issue is fixed.no significant time has passed yet to Notice any speed improvements staying at the same clock speed

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
New problem/ issue I occured today-
Will not enter into the settings menu. Force close pops up& states process com.android settings error
Plz help b4 I go back to the other kernal or why this issue may of been caused by.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
btw, 9/23 build up yesterday. I found a github page for another phone with a 2.6.32.x kernel and pulled several commits from it since they'd applied cleanly. highlights I was intrigued with were these 2:
Backported initramfs from kernel 2.6.34.x
Makefile: use hardfloat instead of soft

I'm hesitant about that hard float instead of soft float. I don't know what the effects of a hardware based floating point function would do except hardware functions I'd think would be more preferred than software functions. Nothing blew up though. Actually, most of these patches just applied cleanly.

My next phone with be a shiny Google Nexus phone. I'd rather have a latest and greatest Linux kernel than this old 2.6 kernel. That'll be a year or so from now. I'd like to wait until Google has a quad core.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Been running for few days with Mirage on my V, everything is great but I've been having YouTube freeze up a lot. The video stops but the audio keeps playing. Really great work though :thumbup:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
btw, 9/23 build up yesterday. I found a github page for another phone with a 2.6.32.x kernel and pulled several commits from it since they'd applied cleanly. highlights I was intrigued with were these 2:
Backported initramfs from kernel 2.6.34.x
Makefile: use hardfloat instead of soft

I'm hesitant about that hard float instead of soft float. I don't know what the effects of a hardware based floating point function would do except hardware functions I'd think would be more preferred than software functions. Nothing blew up though. Actually, most of these patches just applied cleanly.

My next phone with be a shiny Google Nexus phone. I'd rather have a latest and greatest Linux kernel than this old 2.6 kernel. That'll be a year or so from now. I'd like to wait until Google has a quad core.

I've tested out the hard float for a few days on my ROM and it seems to work very well, but it does seem to work better with ROM's that have the lib files and build.prop set to use hardware rather then software.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
When I flashed this with MiRaGe, my launcher reverted to ADW (I was using GO before), none of my home screen widgets showed up, and I lost half of my apps (including the Play Store!).
It's a good thing I made a backup before flashing, but I would like to know how I can install this kernel without this happening again, because I really want fast charging!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
When I flashed this with MiRaGe, my launcher reverted to ADW (I was using GO before), none of my home screen widgets showed up, and I lost half of my apps (including the Play Store!).
It's a good thing I made a backup before flashing, but I would like to know how I can install this kernel without this happening again, because I really want fast charging!

Sounds like you are flashing the rom instead of just the kernel. It should be a small 4mb file

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you are flashing the rom instead of just the kernel. It should be a small 4mb file

Nope, it was definitely the kernel.
Would it be safe to flash the kernel without wiping the cache? Because I always seem to lose a lot of internal storage when I clear dalvik and cache from recovery..

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Because I always seem to lose a lot of internal storage when I clear dalvik and cache from recovery..

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Wiping is formatting. Which is deleting. You should be gaining storage.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Wiping is formatting. Which is deleting. You should be gaining storage.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Yeah, I wish I understood it. I'm using Link2SD on a FAT32 partition, if that helps...
But in recovery, when I wipe my dalvik cache/cache, when I boot up, I have less internal storage.
If I relink all files, and relink the dalvik cache via Link2SD, I'm fine, though.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it was definitely the kernel.
Would it be safe to flash the kernel without wiping the cache? Because I always seem to lose a lot of internal storage when I clear dalvik and cache from recovery..

You don't have to wipe anything when installing a kernel.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Experiencing wifi error message
In wireless network settings- will not conncet connected to wifi--err.. suggestions ? anyone else sayhisor issue ?

well, crap. I'll have to check into this because it's been happening to me for a while now. I think I was getting the same thing on mrg's so I'll have to look into it. For me it won't connect to 3g or wifi intermittently until I reboot.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks for looking into this and sorry for the mis-spellings--I don't use Tapatalk ;)
Glad you could understand what was going on....
wish you could have responded sooner than you did though.....

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks for looking into this and sorry for the mis-spellings--I don't use Tapatalk ;)
Glad you could understand what was going on....
wish you could have responded sooner than you did though.....

Don't forget, the devs behind all our mods/kernels/roms have lives too and they don't get anything for their work. Comments like "wish you could have responded sooner" are really uncalled for. Please try to consider all the dev work here a privilege to have available. We have a lot to thank these guys for and if they take some time off, they certainly deserve it.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech