Working on OV ROM development - Need help testing ROM in emulator

dosangst

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Building a new ROM for the Optimus V. Got a ROM built, but I would like to test before flashing to device. I've got AVD and when I set it up using the system.iimg it will not load. I notice I cannot select abiearm-v6 (or Neon) and wonder if that is the issue. I've scoured Google to no avail. If any of you guys out there have a link to a tutorial or some hints to get me going in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Working on OV ROM development - Need help testing ROM in emul

Building a new ROM for the Optimus V. Got a ROM built, but I would like to test before flashing to device. I've got AVD and when I set it up using the system.iimg it will not load. I notice I cannot select abiearm-v6 (or Neon) and wonder if that is the issue. I've scoured Google to no avail. If any of you guys out there have a link to a tutorial or some hints to get me going in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced!

I don't think an armv6 emulator exists.....just flash to device, if worse comes to worse, it won't boot, then just go into recovery......

Reactions: dosangst

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advanced!

I wouldn't be scared to flash it. Its damn near impossible to brick these things.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dosangst

dosangst

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

So this device cannot be emulated using AVD? Odd. I guess I'll be flashing to device, seems like so much work, but oh well. Hope it sticks!

Thanks folks

Reactions: sellers86

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

do you have a zip ready to flash? i will try it

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

I have what I call a plug and play emulator. It's not an emulator, it's just an old v of mine with a cracked screen, and no load speaker. xD I plug it in, and open android screencast.