Building a new ROM for the Optimus V. Got a ROM built, but I would like to test before flashing to device. I've got AVD and when I set it up using the system.iimg it will not load. I notice I cannot select abiearm-v6 (or Neon) and wonder if that is the issue. I've scoured Google to no avail. If any of you guys out there have a link to a tutorial or some hints to get me going in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced!
    08-12-2012 02:08 PM
    Building a new ROM for the Optimus V. Got a ROM built, but I would like to test before flashing to device. I've got AVD and when I set it up using the system.iimg it will not load. I notice I cannot select abiearm-v6 (or Neon) and wonder if that is the issue. I've scoured Google to no avail. If any of you guys out there have a link to a tutorial or some hints to get me going in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced!
    I don't think an armv6 emulator exists.....just flash to device, if worse comes to worse, it won't boot, then just go into recovery......
    dosangst likes this.
    08-12-2012 02:25 PM

Thanks in advanced!
    I wouldn't be scared to flash it. Its damn near impossible to brick these things.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    dosangst likes this.
    08-12-2012 03:30 PM
    So this device cannot be emulated using AVD? Odd. I guess I'll be flashing to device, seems like so much work, but oh well. Hope it sticks!

Thanks folks
    sellers86 likes this.
    08-13-2012 10:45 AM
    did it work out?
    08-16-2012 10:13 AM
    So this device cannot be emulated using AVD? Odd. I guess I'll be flashing to device, seems like so much work, but oh well. Hope it sticks!

Thanks folks
    No, it can't. The emulator included with the SDK emulates a generic device. It is for testing apps, not ROMs.
    08-16-2012 12:15 PM
    deleted
    08-16-2012 01:26 PM
    do you have a zip ready to flash? i will try it
    08-16-2012 01:27 PM
    I have what I call a plug and play emulator. It's not an emulator, it's just an old v of mine with a cracked screen, and no load speaker. xD I plug it in, and open android screencast.
    08-16-2012 03:27 PM
    I have what I call a plug and play emulator. It's not an emulator, it's just an old v of mine with a cracked screen, and no load speaker. xD I plug it in, and open android screencast.
    Now that's what you call recycling :-)
    tvall and Phatninja55 like this.
    08-16-2012 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD