[Kernel mod] enable USB fast charging(now in the jawz101 kernel!

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Here you go for zVJ gingerbread only Roms. Test 3 GB kernel Goo.im Downloads - Downloading CAGB-test3-fastcharge-GK-kernel.zip uncompressed modules.

Grab the toggle from Play or use the terminal commands.

thank you so much sir!

I'm actually just making my own free toggle widget for this because I like to do that myself.

Is root access required to set the fast charge? I'm setting it in my app (not for checking the status siince non-root can do a less I believe)

Last edited:

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's 1.1 of the widget which has file checks in place (so won't do anything if you don't have a fastcharge kernel), makes the statusbar icon static, and checks your USB status when you toggle (in case it's plugged in) to let you know if you should unplug/replug the USB or not.

Been working stable for me all day, so why not attach it?

Attachments

• FastCharge Widget.1.1.apk
    60.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's 1.1 of the widget which has file checks in place (so won't do anything if you don't have a fastcharge kernel), makes the statusbar icon static, and checks your USB status when you toggle (in case it's plugged in) to let you know if you should unplug/replug the USB or not.

Been working stable for me all day, so why not attach it?

Would it be okay to include this as a system app? I well have to add some permissions to the app though as it has none right now.

Last edited:

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
So I've been trying to get this to work on my phone, I'm running CM9.1. It always says error file does not exist. Could anybody help me out?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This is a CM7 kernel, so don't flash on CM9.

TheKraven's new kernels have this patch as well though. You can flash it, then force AC charging from Terminal, or the patch he has.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
This is a CM7 kernel, so don't flash on CM9.

TheKraven's new kernels have this patch as well though. You can flash it, then force AC charging from Terminal, or the patch he has.

The widget attached a few posts above works for me!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but I thought you nneeded to reboot for it to be fully working. That's where I'm confused, I've been using it as well though :)

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well have an update tomorrow with Enzomatrx FastChargeWidget.apk built in. Had to add some system permissions to keep it from Force-Closing on boot.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well have an update tomorrow with Enzomatrx FastChargeWidget.apk built in. Had to add some system permissions to keep it from Force-Closing on boot.

? Does this mean I shouldn't be using the 10/21 build of your rom that I got off iho updater :D

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You can, but the permissions are set wrong for FastChargeWidget and may cause Force-Close of the app on boot up. I would just download the update when I release it and "adb push" the app to "/system/app/" since there is not going to be any other changes.

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh hey missed updating this thread (been reading the DanteROM one).

I guess it could be a system app with right permissions; never tried it. I made a new build with a more frequent update manifest (it was set to a day but I found Android was seeing it as an uber-idle process at times and closing it). It's not perfect yet though; again it's my first widget. I need to make it run as an alarmmanager app because if Android sees fit to close the Widget, it changed the Widget's ID which is what breaks the "touch it and it works" after a bit sometimes.

Here's a 1.2 of it though with the better update time and a few tweaks here and there. Next goal is to alarmmanager this thing, but honestly it's working really well here.

If you find it not responding to your touch after a bit, you have to remove it from your homescreen and re-add it. This is -- again -- due to Android killing it and therefore changing the widget ID that is probed when you touch it.

Thanks for your feedback and support on it.

Attachments

• FastCharge Widget.1.2.apk
    60.6 KB · Views: 110

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Would it be okay to include this as a system app? I well have to add some permissions to the app though as it has none right now.

Actually I do wonder why I didn't have to set permissions to this; nothing said it needed any which I thought was odd. Which ones do I need to set and I'll throw them in the manifest but yeah go ahead and use it. we're talking the initial release being 7 hours of coding on the side during a normal work day.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh hey missed updating this thread (been reading the DanteROM one).

I guess it could be a system app with right permissions; never tried it. I made a new build with a more frequent update manifest (it was set to a day but I found Android was seeing it as an uber-idle process at times and closing it). It's not perfect yet though; again it's my first widget. I need to make it run as an alarmmanager app because if Android sees fit to close the Widget, it changed the Widget's ID which is what breaks the "touch it and it works" after a bit sometimes.

Here's a 1.2 of it though with the better update time and a few tweaks here and there. Next goal is to alarmmanager this thing, but honestly it's working really well here.

If you find it not responding to your touch after a bit, you have to remove it from your homescreen and re-add it. This is -- again -- due to Android killing it and therefore changing the widget ID that is probed when you touch it.

Thanks for your feedback and support on it.

This is what I set the permissions to.

Code:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" ></uses-permission>
	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"></uses-permission>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.COPY_PROTECTED_DATA" />

Doing a problem with the Widget being killed or closed, the RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is the one that stopped it from Force-Closing at boot, plus it raises the priority of the app as well.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You can, but the permissions are set wrong for FastChargeWidget and may cause Force-Close of the app on boot up. I would just download the update when I release it and "adb push" the app to "/system/app/" since there is not going to be any other changes.

Before Enzomatrx made his widget i bought chadz from the op. It's working fine. :)

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This is what I set the permissions to.

Code:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" ></uses-permission>
	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"></uses-permission>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.COPY_PROTECTED_DATA" />

Doing a problem with the Widget being killed or closed, the RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is the one that stopped it from Force-Closing at boot, plus it raises the priority of the app as well.

Thanks! I'll just throw those in. Helps to have them since ya know.. widget. :)

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Which of the kernels would I use over bobz 9.1 and would I have to flash any other patches? The CAI download post is so huge lol

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
why not ask bobz to include it in his kernel? He's smarter than I and could easily include it.
I just wanted to get a new tweak on our phones out of pure jealousy that other phones had neat tweaks like this. I created a toggle widget in Tasker app factory but never generated the apk- short attention span and all :)