Which ICS ROM is the most stripped-down one out there? I've installed a couple so far and my phone slowed to a crawl.
    08-15-2012 12:29 PM
    I run Quattrimus Beta2 AOKP on my V and it is great! You really need a sd-ext partition and a memory card that is at least 4GB. ICS is bigger than our V's were ever meant to handle, so the devs have built script in them for storing automatically to an ext directory. There are also scripts that you can flash from recovery to help speed things up. Amphetamines and eglpatch for GPU rendering are a must flash for me, regardless of what rom I am currently using. If you need any help with partitioning feel free to pm me!
    08-15-2012 02:20 PM
    I recommend using Godzilla cm9 ICS it seems the fastest out of all ICS I have only a 2gb SD card and its pretty smooth but the most stripped version maybe bobzcm9

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 05:08 PM
    I still understand why do you NEED. SD ext partition.... Isnt it for people who USE more than 179MBs?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-2012 07:31 PM
    I run Quattrimus Beta2 AOKP on my V and it is great! You really need a sd-ext partition and a memory card that is at least 4GB. ICS is bigger than our V's were ever meant to handle, so the devs have built script in them for storing automatically to an ext directory. There are also scripts that you can flash from recovery to help speed things up. Amphetamines and eglpatch for GPU rendering are a must flash for me, regardless of what rom I am currently using. If you need any help with partitioning feel free to pm me!
    I am running beta2 as well. I do not use any partitions, I just move my apps to the SD with Titanium Backup and I have over 100mb free internally.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 08:02 PM
    I still understand why do you NEED. SD ext partition.... Isnt it for people who USE more than 179MBs?

Better to give people a heads up about it before they flash.

08-16-2012 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD