Hello all, I am pretty new here and thought I would introduce myself before I start pounding you with questions. So I'm dstaks, and like the rest of you I'm interested in upgrading this basic optimus v 2.2.2 I have. I have been doing alot of reading on ROMS and honestly I feel lost. I don't know where to begin. I numbered my questions if that helps, but if there is a noob section, mods please move my thread. Apologies...

1. Do I need service before I Rom?

2. Can I use Backside? Or is there something better...

3. I know I need a recovery and I think Image creator, where do I get those?
    08-16-2012 12:57 AM
    Hello all, I am pretty new here and thought I would introduce myself before I start pounding you with questions. So I'm dstaks, and like the rest of you I'm interested in upgrading this basic optimus v 2.2.2 I have. I have been doing alot of reading on ROMS and honestly I feel lost. I don't know where to begin. I numbered my questions if that helps, but if there is a noob section, mods please move my thread. Apologies...

1. Do I need service before I Rom?

2. Can I use Backside? Or is there something better...

3. I know I need a recovery and I think Image creator, where do I get those?
    1. If you plan on using your phone as a phone, you should.

2. Backside is no longer supported, I personally recommend mirage

3. You don't need image Creator, download cannibal open touch (or the recovery in the sticky) and flash according to the guide.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-16-2012 01:03 AM
    1. If you plan on using your phone as a phone, you should.

2. Backside is no longer supported, I personally recommend mirage

3. You don't need image Creator, download cannibal open touch (or the recovery in the sticky) and flash according to the guide.

I also recommend MiRage, The developer(mrg666) is ACTIVELY improving the Kernel and the OS itself for this phone, so you will always be pretty much up to date

I also recommend Canibal Open Touch. Its easy to use, VERY POWERFUL, and full of features
    bkttk2 likes this.
    08-16-2012 01:20 AM
    Thank You Thank You!!!! So I found them and Downloaded Open Touch and the MiRage Build to the computer. I did download the LG Driver, so what would be next? Which gets installed first to the SD card?
    08-16-2012 09:47 AM
    I also downloaded the VM670 and LS670 Conversion.

Then GingerBreak to install the Root?
    08-16-2012 10:14 AM
    I also downloaded the VM670 and LS670 Conversion.

Then GingerBreak to install the Root?
    you dont want the downloaded conversion. use gingerbreak first, then install the recovery,then flash the rom
    08-16-2012 10:34 AM
    Okay thank you I am going to try it out
    08-16-2012 03:07 PM
    use gingerbreak first, then install the recovery,then flash the rom
    then gapps...
    (dont forget to nand/backup your original rom after installing recovery before wiping and flashing new rom/etc)...
    08-16-2012 11:12 PM
    Okay thank you I am going to try it out
    Yeah he pmd me about that 4 minutes before you posted. Lol. I'm just so used to it I forget sometimes.

08-16-2012 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD