I started using link2sd with Harmonia2 but according to the FAQ, it doesn't move app data to the ext script; just cache, dalvik, and the app itself.

Now, I am pretty sure ICS roms like Quatrimmus moves everything app related to sd-ext including its data.

is my understanding correct here?

What I would like to know is, if my understanding is in fact correct, is there a script that exists that I can use on gingerbread roms like harmonia2 that will act like the script in Quatrimus in that everything is moved into sd-ext?
    08-17-2012 09:23 AM
    OM-Mandylion has the scripts for mounting the sd-ext partition on boot (mounted when the splash image/'s plays). I recommend using CWM-Blue-Recovery to flash/install as I built the recovery to reflect the what OM-Mandylion needs in a recovery.
    08-17-2012 12:33 PM
    im 97% sure the script in quattrimus just moves the .apk and dalvik cache to /sd-ext, and it only moves the apps if /data/app is empty.

my magpie rom only moves the apk files to /sd-ext. app data rtends to run better from /data. moving it to /sd-ext (in my experience, with a couple different devices, slows everyting down way too much). movind apk's is usually enough to free up plenty of space. on the g1 (with ~90mb /data partition) ive heard of someone having literally over 100 apps. apps and dalvik moved to a massive ext partition.

i would personally prefer resizing the mtd partitions and making /system just large enough for your rom, a almost nothing /cache, and everything else for data. this device, unfortunately, has partitions between /cache and /system, making this impossible.
    08-17-2012 07:56 PM
    oops.. double post
    08-17-2012 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD