04-16-2014 08:47 AM
1,173 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Voice search works
    09-01-2012 02:14 PM
    I just officially tried using voice search it wouldn't search it just went to the Google search page but it dose understand what I say

YouTube HQ also works unless it still plays in regular format I tried it it played smooth for me so I'm assuming it works lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    09-01-2012 03:52 PM
    Voice commands like texting work, just not search queries.

I'm sold on this ROM, but really miss web search from the home screen widget. I'd gladly trade Google Now for ICS search. Any way to pull this off?

09-01-2012 04:00 PM
    Brightness control is broken.

Thats all I found....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    glarepate likes this.
    09-01-2012 04:12 PM

I'm sold on this ROM, but really miss web search from the home screen widget. I'd gladly trade Google Now for ICS search. Any way to pull this off?

Yeah I've been playing with cm10 and I've realized that I use the search widget a lot. You can still use it, the only thing is that instead of

Tap on bar >> Google search

You have to

Tap on bar >> Google now >> tap on search bar in Google now >> searches what you type

Brightness control is broken.

Thats all I found....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup
    I noticed that data has trouble staying connected, which subsequently causes issues with SMS for some reason. I've had several failed to send texts.
    09-01-2012 04:20 PM

Or you could turn off Google now
    Go to goolge now press the menu button tap the setting option than go to Google now than slide the "on" button to off

09-01-2012 04:26 PM
    @Bobz. Not sure if you know it but there us 2 userinit files but one has a typeo 9userinit and 90userinit. This might be the reason for the app2ext break.

Edit: maybe not. They look the same.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    BobZhome likes this.
    09-01-2012 04:31 PM
    Or you could turn off Google now
    Go to goolge now press the menu button tap the setting option than go to Google now than slide the "on" button to off

That gets me closer, but there's still that pesky scrolling problem. I only get to view the first couple search results.
    09-01-2012 04:52 PM
    @BobZ, is there anyway to remedy only being able to install a few apps before internal starts notifying of low storage space? I used TiBackup to move user app data to sd card(to sd-ext/data2), and that seemed to have freed up some internal memory, is there any other suggestions?
    09-01-2012 05:32 PM
    @BobZ, is there anyway to remedy only being able to install a few apps before internal starts notifying of low storage space? I used TiBackup to move user app data to sd card(to sd-ext/data2), and that seemed to have freed up some internal memory, is there any other suggestions?
    Your out of space on DATA partition? Your apps should be on SD-EXT, correct? And you moved your app/data...so your telling me Dalvik is using up 187MB?
    09-01-2012 05:43 PM
    Any possibility if we can get Google Now to fully work? Or any idea to wrote the Voice data from Voice search to Google Now?
    09-01-2012 07:58 PM
    Your out of space on DATA partition? Your apps should be on SD-EXT, correct? And you moved your app/data...so your telling me Dalvik is using up 187MB?
    I ran out of space after flashing gapps and installing three apps. I do NOT use sd-ext since I use only the stock apps except for themes so it doesn't matter to me, but it may be that dalvik is indeed taking up a lot. I noticed that tapatalk was consuming 14 MB and it wouldn't let me clear cache on it (which I'm assuming is the huge size). If you want us to post logcats or anything say the word Bob.
    sellers86 likes this.
    09-01-2012 08:04 PM
    As for the screen brightness issue, "screen filter" from the play store works good to dim.

ZackVortex and mikek1024 like this.
    09-01-2012 09:03 PM
    I just wanted to let y'all know that google search was updated on google play and it nows includes google now. Anyone wants to to try it and see if it works? I would try it but I'm on CM7 and I'm too lazy to switch to CM10 lol.
    09-01-2012 09:15 PM
    Had some random reboots while watching YouTube, not surprised.
    09-01-2012 09:40 PM
    I'm using sd-ext, and I have around 383mb free on EXT, with 22 apps installed. My internal is at 39.8mb free, with app data on /sd-ext/data2. So maybe that is good? I think I confused myself lol . I am just trying to see if my storage spaces are pretty much where they should be.
    09-01-2012 09:41 PM
    Proximity sensor seems to be broken for me also.
    09-01-2012 10:37 PM
    Just got done trying the updated google search(Google Now) on the play store. It doesn't work on OV, possibly due to it requiring ARMv7 instructions. I was only able to get as far as selecting the "Yes, I am In" option before the app stop responding.

+1 to proximity sensor, have to power off the screen when using the dialer.
    09-01-2012 10:46 PM
    I'm using sd-ext, and I have around 383mb free on EXT, with 22 apps installed. My internal is at 39.8mb free, with app data on /sd-ext/data2. So maybe that is good? I think I confused myself lol . I am just trying to see if my storage spaces are pretty much where they should be.
    My personal experience was that, out of 100 total apps(this includes what is already part of the system) my internal filled after half of the restoration from Google, not from titanium, and so no more apps could install. This is with 2gb in my sd-ext(I have a 32gb card). The only way to fix it was the a2sd++ script. tried int2sd but didn't work; not sure if the install didn't stick because I didn't really see reason in the code why it wouldn't but I'm no expert.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-2012 10:58 PM
    Been playing with this rom since last night and i've been loving it. Great work! Only problems i've had is the prox sensor don't work and i can't get wifi. I've seen someone else bring up the prox sensor but not wifi. Is everyone else getting wifi or should i not be expecting to have wiif? Thanks very much for your time.
    09-02-2012 12:38 AM
    Been playing with this rom since last night and i've been loving it. Great work! Only problems i've had is the prox sensor don't work and i can't get wifi. I've seen someone else bring up the prox sensor but not wifi. Is everyone else getting wifi or should i not be expecting to have wiif? Thanks very much for your time.
    WiFi works fine for me, are you able to scan and connect to a network at all?
    velvetvetfog82 likes this.
    09-02-2012 12:57 AM
    ok. Re scaned and reentered all my wifi info. It was picking up wifi but not connecting . I reflashed and it's working now. Thanks.
    09-02-2012 01:41 AM
    For wifi tethering I've had really good luck with this app from Fdroid
    Wireless Tether
    I tried installing the version 3.1 from the play store but couldn't get it to work, so I stayed at version 2.07 from the FDroid link
    kenharkey7 likes this.
    09-02-2012 02:20 AM
    For those who cannot get the brightness to change, go into settings and enable the setting that lets you slide the notification bar left and right to adjust brightness . That works for me.
    09-02-2012 11:18 AM
    For those who cannot get the brightness to change, go into settings and enable the setting that lets you slide the notification bar left and right to adjust brightness . That works for me.
    Doesn't work for me. Any other settings you modified to get brightness to change?

glarepate likes this.
    09-02-2012 03:45 PM
1,173 ... 89101112 ...