04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    i tried adb over network and even restarting with usb plugged in. no dice... but adb through the phones terminal works. so you could logcat to a file.
    Thanks! I've never done it that way before, but I'll look into how it's done soon. I just got another white screen on Gmail.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2012 10:03 PM
    Anyone got MMS working as of now? I have tried the Go SMS APN fix, but that seemed to have not worked.
    09-11-2012 12:06 AM
    Has anyone else had issue's with phone calls?? Like the phone dialing when talking, or is this just me?? Also noticed that calls drop more often now, then they did with ICS 4.0.4 not sure what this is from if this is something being worked on then I'll disregard. And also I've noticed that since like android 2.3. and up we haven't had an activate.apk or a way to activate our phones through virgin mobile by the ##VIRGIN# (##847446#) code that you could activate and edit MDN and MSID. Is there a way to bring this back?? or at least the activate .apk file from virgin mobile as this did similar from what I remember.

Other then that I have to say thank you very much Bob for this great ROM... you've really out done yourself this time...
    09-11-2012 01:00 AM
    Has anyone else had issue's with phone calls?? Like the phone dialing when talking, or is this just me?? Also noticed that calls drop more often now, then they did with ICS 4.0.4 not sure what this is from if this is something being worked on then I'll disregard. And also I've noticed that since like android 2.3. and up we haven't had an activate.apk or a way to activate our phones through virgin mobile by the ##VIRGIN# (##847446#) code that you could activate and edit MDN and MSID. Is there a way to bring this back?? or at least the activate .apk file from virgin mobile as this did similar from what I remember.

Other then that I have to say thank you very much Bob for this great ROM... you've really out done yourself this time...
    When on a call does your screen turn off when phone is close to your face? Mine doesnt... the proximity sensor does nt work(im on the Opti S so that may be it.) the dropping calls are your face probably pushing the end button(had this happen alot today)...
    r0gu3dev1pr likes this.
    09-11-2012 01:07 AM
    The a2sd++ does not remove the a2sd script that Bobz has by default in the ROM. Before flashing anything, I would do the following;

Using 7zip, open the rom and navigate to system\etc\init.d and
    and remove the a2sd and reloc scripts.

Copy rom to your sdcard

Boot in to your recovery and wipe everything then flash ROM, gapps then a2sd++.

Edit: I actually think the script is called mountext instead of a2sd.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thank you for the quick reply. The a2sd script is called mountExt.
    So I was wondering if I could just delete the files with a root file explorer, and this avoid having to do a complete reinstall. Would that work?

Thanks again
    09-11-2012 02:22 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply. The a2sd script is called mountExt.
    So I was wondering if I could just delete the files with a root file explorer, and this avoid having to do a complete reinstall. Would that work?

Thanks again
    That should work as well. Just do a nandroid in case you don't like the results.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    09-11-2012 07:20 AM
    Yes the screen stays on. And my phone dials and closes out. I was wondering if it was the proximity sensor that was causing this.
    09-11-2012 11:23 AM
    Got a question for Bob. Is your ROM compatible with superchargerV6 or is this a moot point and is already installed, or not able to work with JB?? Also can the same be said about turbocharger V3 ?? I only ask because if they are compatible and not already implemented I will test and give results if it works and if it makes a difference. Just not sure I wanna take the risk of doing it if its already done, or not even possible.
    Anonymo likes this.
    09-11-2012 11:41 AM
    @BobZhome, any idea when a new build will be coming along? Or you waiting for more bugs to be found?
    09-11-2012 03:51 PM
    Anyone got MMS working as of now? I have tried the Go SMS APN fix, but that seemed to have not worked.
    My MMS is working with this build. I had one message say downloading and it didn't come through. I went ahead and deleted the message and 12 hours later at 3am the message came through but thats only problem I have had.
    09-11-2012 05:08 PM
    @BobZhome, any idea when a new build will be coming along? Or you waiting for more bugs to be found?
    I don't know any more than you, but judging from his CM9 Rom (which gets updated every time CM hits a new milestone and sometimes in between) I'd say he's probably waiting for CM to reach M1, which it in fact reached just the other day, so I'd bet we see a new build soon. But I could be wrong...
    jonny5449 likes this.
    09-11-2012 05:49 PM
    I'm remodeling a room in my house, so my time on the PC has gone down...but I have gotten brightness, proximity sensor, and baseband info fixed and was hoping to get one more thing fixed...probably in a few day with what I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a question for Bob. Is your ROM compatible with superchargerV6 or is this a moot point and is already installed, or not able to work with JB?? Also can the same be said about turbocharger V3 ?? I only ask because if they are compatible and not already implemented I will test and give results if it works and if it makes a difference. Just not sure I wanna take the risk of doing it if its already done, or not even possible.
    Try it and let us know how it works out for you
    09-11-2012 07:32 PM
    @ Bob. See what i ment in my second PM? it MIGHT work. i would need to get source and stuff and i really dont have the space on my laptop. maybe when i get my desktop back up this weekend.
    09-11-2012 09:27 PM
    @ Bob. See what i ment in my second PM? it MIGHT work. i would need to get source and stuff and i really dont have the space on my laptop. maybe when i get my desktop back up this weekend.
    I smell a rom brewing in the distance

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-11-2012 09:34 PM
    Hey,

While I know this is a V rom, I was (like others) really wanting to put this on my S, which should (in theory) work. However, I'm receiving an error, which may be my phone being punky or in the rom someplace. Either way, I'll post my log here. Hope to see a version I can flash!
    Attached Files
    09-11-2012 10:55 PM
    wow remodeling a room? sounds nice, care to share what you've done on it, or even a pic?

screw the rom... lol j/k

- - - Updated - - -

Code:
    script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "LG-VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LG-VM670"
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670" ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "LG-VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LG-VM670"
    E:Error in /sdcard/Roms/BobZ/cm-10.0.0-RC0.VM670.BobZhome.08312012 (1).zip
    looks to me like the updater script is looking for a different device, perhaps you need to edit it? i think there is a tool to convert it that you need to do first,
    09-11-2012 11:19 PM
    Gha! It's going to make me do science to it, isn't it! bah...
    09-11-2012 11:50 PM
    Hey,

While I know this is a V rom, I was (like others) really wanting to put this on my S, which should (in theory) work. However, I'm receiving an error, which may be my phone being punky or in the rom someplace. Either way, I'll post my log here. Hope to see a version I can flash!

Some Recoveries enforce the asserts. From your log, it looks like you are using Drew's COT. You can still flash this ROM on a Optimus S you just have to remove the asserts. On your PC, open the ROM.zip with 7zip then navigate to META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Remove the only first line. (from assert to the first semicolon, including the semicolon.)
    09-12-2012 07:36 AM
    What works on GB may not work in ICS or JB. Code changes with ever update...that is why the dev's have to re-fix things.
    GB version of the file you stated: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ndedcommands.c
    line 360 is what needed to be changed...
    JB version of the same file: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ndedcommands.c
    line 360 is no where to be found!

wow remodeling a room? sounds nice, care to share what you've done on it, or even a pic?

The demo work is complete...my house is 100 years old, so I had to take down the plaster, lathe, and ripped up the floor also. The studs are 24" apart, so thats a 12' wall...the floor joists are only 2x6's with a 12' span and 24" on center it made the floor bounce and it dipped in the middle. There was no insulation and only one receptacle in the room...the pipes sticking up in the right hand corner are from a cast iron radiator.
    This was way off topic, sorry, please PM me if you want any more info on my room.
    nerdmastax and strabo231 like this.
    09-12-2012 05:53 PM
    Just flashed this, it's awesome, runs well. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to include a camera app? I downloaded the ZIP twice to make sure. Grabbed Camera ICS off the market, and it works (sort of.) Did a quick search in the thread and didn't see this mentioned yet.
    09-12-2012 06:52 PM
    What works on GB may not work in ICS or JB. Code changes with ever update...that is why the dev's have to re-fix things.
    GB version of the file you stated: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ndedcommands.c
    line 360 is what needed to be changed...
    JB version of the same file: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ndedcommands.c
    line 360 is no where to be found!
    Its line 496 in JB :/
    09-12-2012 07:25 PM
    Just flashed this, it's awesome, runs well. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to include a camera app? I downloaded the ZIP twice to make sure. Grabbed Camera ICS off the market, and it works (sort of.) Did a quick search in the thread and didn't see this mentioned yet.
    In the OP, changelog for the 8/31 build, item 6 mentions the camera, but in the context of a kernel tweak that improves it. I'm pretty sure that I played around with the camera when I flashed it, in fact, I believe I remember panorama mode even working.

So that's really weird, but my first flash, with the correct gapps, was missing play store, so go figure.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-2012 09:19 PM
    Yeah, I made sure to check that. I downloaded the zip and opened it up myself, no Camera.apk exists.
    09-12-2012 10:57 PM
    Yeah, I made sure to check that. I downloaded the zip and opened it up myself, no Camera.apk exists.
    Redownload it, I flashed this rom and I know it had the camera
    09-12-2012 11:20 PM
    Did twice. I'll try again though, just for kicks. It even passed signature verification.
    09-12-2012 11:30 PM
1,173 ... 1314151617 ...