[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed. I downloaded it, no camera.apk. I checked the one that I had already downloaded, also no camera.apk. But I definitely remember using the camera.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have this installed and I seem to have a camera app. I wonder if my "back up your google acct" thing installed it by default, though... It appears to have buggy camera input, but the photos it takes are fine. Very strange...

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this installed and I seem to have a camera app. I wonder if my "back up your google acct" thing installed it by default, though... It appears to have buggy camera input, but the photos it takes are fine. Very strange...

That probably indicates you are not running the latest version, the garbled screen in the camera app was fixed.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So is the camera.apk in earlier builds? I don't think I'm going to be awake long enough to download another one.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe it was, I downloaded one previously when the garbled screen was an issue.

It's not a big deal, Bob will see it and take care of it soon, or in the next update. For anyone else, Camera ICS from the Market works fine, the only drawback is it's ad supported. Panorama is not functional in this app either. Didn't test video recording.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I checked the 8/22 build, and it has no camera.apk either. I'm starting to think that maybe it's in a different location? I don't know. I could swear that I used it...

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is the camera in the gapps file? I'm using Bobz 8/31 build with one of Zakman's 15 meg gapp files and the 2 meg keyboard. I didn't install a camera from anywhere else. Yet I clearly have a camera and it sort of works. There is garbled data for a second when you take a picture. It does take the picture though.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Camera is part of gallery if I remember right. So if you are just looking through system/app it won't be there.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Taking this thing for a test run on my spare phone, loving what I am seeing so far! Not quite as snappy as my current everyday rom (GTR) but the new look and the potential slickness of the rom are getting me excited for future releases. BTW this is the first time I ever used some kind of SD partition and WOW am I amazed at how useful that is. As an owner of a V for over a year I feel stupid for never using this feature! Great Job on this rom so far!

And to chime in on the camera talk... I have a garbled camera in the latest build as well, just downloaded and installed it yesterday morning.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The demo work is complete...my house is 100 years old, so I had to take down the plaster, lathe, and ripped up the floor also. The studs are 24" apart, so thats a 12' wall...the floor joists are only 2x6's with a 12' span and 24" on center it made the floor bounce and it dipped in the middle. There was no insulation and only one receptacle in the room...the pipes sticking up in the right hand corner are from a cast iron radiator.

I love that Bobz actual home is also a WIP.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
And there it is. Deleted the gallery after I installed Quickpic, lol. Thanks, sellers.

Yeah its definitely part of gallery. If I try to record video on my one v with jelly bean it says gallery has force closed.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Some Recoveries enforce the asserts. From your log, it looks like you are using Drew's COT. You can still flash this ROM on a Optimus S you just have to remove the asserts. On your PC, open the ROM.zip with 7zip then navigate to META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Remove the only first line. (from assert to the first semicolon, including the semicolon.)

Including semicolin.......
Wow I never removed semi Colin lol that's why I went to 1.2

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This is an awesome ROM. But, here are a few things I noticed:
1.) On my Optimus S, it's awfully slow!! CM9 is faster than this...and I'm tempted to say that stock Froyo is faster than this. HOWEVER, having installed iLauncher (which was likely intended for stuff like JoyOS) seems to have helped dramatically. UPDATE: Nevermind...now this thing seems to be running even slower than it was before!!

2.) The JoyMusic apk isn't completely compatible with Dem BEENZ (my corny nickname for JB); it plays perfectly fine...but when you tilt the phone into landscape mode to bring up the view of all albums, the app crashes almost immediately. And making this even stranger is that The SAMMICH (my corny nickname for ICS) didn't have this problem.

3.) And here's a rather ugly thing from CM9 that seems to have reared its head here: the deep sleep issue where when the device is in sleep mode, SOMETIMES attempting to wake the device fails no matter what you do...and a battery pull is the only course of action. And like CM9, this is at its worst while listening to music. (I've had this happen with the stock music player, that lame Apollo app, and the JoyMusic app...)

Last edited: