04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    So I made an application that generates a logcat without root access for my own development purposes (its on Google play anyway), and it works perfectly fine on ICS. It does not work on jellybean.... it generates a completely empty file. It's not like I need to fix it, but in my usual lazy fashion it's easier to tap an icon than to fire up terminal... any ideas Bob?

To be more descriptive, my app asks for permission to read logs and then executes the command logcat -d > /sdcard/time logcat was generated (application checks time before generating) as a sub-process of log. The -d tag pulls the entire log file so that the app doesn't continue to run trying to endlessly generate the log. The log is empty... but the same command in terminal does the job.
    Apparently the ROM isn't granting the app access to see the logs. I downloaded another non-root logcat app and it wouldn't work... why...
    09-17-2012 08:08 PM
    Apparently the ROM isn't granting the app access to see the logs. I downloaded another non-root logcat app and it wouldn't work... why...
    Dang... just as I thought... READ_LOGS has been deprecated in jellybean.... I guess my app isn't at fault. That's too bad but I guess it makes android more secure though. Sorry for clogging the thread with my mumbo-jumbo...
    09-17-2012 08:42 PM
    Hey BobZhome, can I use your CM9 & CM10 Roms for ports?
    09-17-2012 10:42 PM
    Great ROM so far. I'm having one issue with getting a widget to stay loaded. I have Beautiful Widgets and it keeps disappearing (definitely with any reboot and sometimes after a few hours sleep). I tried to use Titanium to install as a system app, but it says there's not enough ROM space? Any other way to prevent A2SD++ from moving this file? I never had any problems w/ link2sd with this program.

Also, is there device encryption? I don't see any option for it in the security tab but it was on the ICS roms.

Thanks again!!!
    09-17-2012 10:50 PM
    My mic isn't working is this a bug? Is there a fix? Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    09-17-2012 11:30 PM
    Is the md5 sum for the 9/15 build in the OP correct? I've 2 separate downloads, both of them have the same checksum, but it doesn't match the one in the OP.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-17-2012 11:36 PM
    My mic isn't working is this a bug? Is there a fix? Thanks

Yes, its a bug.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    09-18-2012 06:24 AM
    Hey BobZhome, can I use your CM9 & CM10 Roms for ports?
    ive asked before, k2cole told me the awnser was no. which is a pity because that means no semi stable paranoid. I'm not sure why tbh.
    09-18-2012 07:30 AM
    Bob,

Have you been watching the thread by rashed97 over on xda? Looks like he might be doing some good work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29690870

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    09-18-2012 08:08 AM
    Bob,

Have you been watching the thread by rashed97 over on xda? Looks like he might be doing some good work.

[ROM][4.1.1][CM10][UNOFFICIAL]LG Optimus One Family CM10[Sept. 9, 2012: Build 5] - xda-developers

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    wow, sounds like total stability for our phones is close. isnt the p500 pretty much our phone?
    09-18-2012 08:48 AM
    Is there a way to keep the I/O Scheduler as DEADLINE by default when Jellybean is first installed?

My phone kept crashing and restarting itself with the SIO Scheduler, but when I changed to DEADLINE it stopped restarting itself and I can actually overclock it past 600Mhz now.

My phone is also refurbished and it was randomly restarting itself when I overclock it anywhere past 600Mhz but with the DEADLINE I/O scheduler, it doesn't happen anymore.
    09-18-2012 08:57 AM
    Would anyone be so kind as to post an md5 checksum from the 9/15 build? I'm getting something different than the OP, and I'd like to rule out a bad download as the cause of an issue I'm having.

09-18-2012 09:27 AM
    yes how do we get the fixes from the p500 to our phones?shouldnt be hard at all...
    09-18-2012 09:34 AM
    I don't have time to write it down and post it but my md5 is different as well

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    09-18-2012 09:49 AM
    Is there a way to keep the I/O Scheduler as DEADLINE by default when Jellybean is first installed?

My phone kept crashing and restarting itself with the SIO Scheduler, but when I changed to DEADLINE it stopped restarting itself and I can actually overclock it past 600Mhz now.

My phone is also refurbished and it was randomly restarting itself when I overclock it anywhere past 600Mhz but with the DEADLINE I/O scheduler, it doesn't happen anymore.
    Does the "Set on boot" option not work? It's in the same submenu that you change the setting in.
    09-18-2012 10:51 AM
    Anyone have Samba Filesharing working? Mine says enabled but doesn't show an IP address.
    09-18-2012 11:33 AM
    yes how do we get the fixes from the p500 to our phones?shouldnt be hard at all...
    BobZ probably needs to sync with the latest CM10 build. Soon, sir... soon.
    09-18-2012 12:21 PM
    Is the P500 officially supported by CyanogenMod? If so, then those fixes probably will be in the next build. If not, that thread may indeed have some useful info for him.

09-18-2012 12:46 PM
    Does the "Set on boot" option not work? It's in the same submenu that you change the setting in.
    It does but its really hard to get to that menu because the phone keeps crashing everytime I tried to go into the performance options. I kept trying and trying until I finally was able to set the I/O scheduler as Deadline and the reboots stopped, but I was hoping if there is a way to keep the I/O Scheduler as Deadline while JellyBean is being installed because it seems stable and overclockable on my phone. I'm sure this would solve a lot of other people's random reboots problem because my phone's symptoms matches very well with quite a few other people on this forum.
    09-18-2012 01:21 PM
    It's not to difficult, but give him some time. I'm sure he has a life as well

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    09-18-2012 02:35 PM
    Anybody know how to fix the mic?

09-18-2012 05:30 PM
    He just synced with CM three days ago... lol.
    09-18-2012 05:36 PM

I/O scheduler is set by kernel, I'll change it to default to Deadline with next build...people that can OC can change it very easily now.

He just synced with CM three days ago... lol.
    And again just now
    Badboytoast likes this.
    09-18-2012 06:25 PM
    Anyone have Samba Filesharing working? Mine says enabled but doesn't show an IP address.
    Working for me, just tested
    Anonymo likes this.
    09-18-2012 06:47 PM
    Almost perfect rom with some tweaks it is the best

09-18-2012 06:58 PM
1,173 ... 1819202122 ...