04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Second that...
    Third that....

Sent from ACF Dark
    joemac84 likes this.
    09-22-2012 10:47 PM
    I think, at this point, we should get a bunch of armv6 devs to fork cm and head in our own direction. Add patches cm ignores, ignore stuff that doesn't affect us or hurts us, and pull most of the awesome cm stuff in. I'd try to do this myself, but I just don't have the skills.

If skilled devs did this, we might see 5.0.

Or, you know, we could just completely abandon armv6, like we are told to do by all the manufacturers and chip makers.
    Reminds me, I saw a dev on xda p500 section, that cut jb down to 50mb... hmm

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    09-22-2012 11:12 PM
    I decided to give this ROM a try. Voice search and other apps that use the microphone don't work; notification bar text is momentarily blurry as it is popping into place; other than that, it seems to work well. Haven't had any random reboots or lockups. (My phone was also very stable with Quattrimus CM9.) I had the Amphetamines thing and the egl patch on Quattrimus; haven't tried any of those things yet on JB.

Subjectively, I can't say that I notice much of a difference in the user interface between ICS and JB. I will probably revert back to ICS unless a fix for the mic is in the offing. Is the issue with it a particularly problematic one, or is it just something on the punchlist that bobzhome hasn't gotten to yet?
    09-23-2012 02:33 AM
    Reminds me, I saw a dev on xda p500 section, that cut jb down to 50mb... hmm

50MB...How? Link please!
    09-23-2012 08:45 AM
    I just checked the ringtones folder and there are 16 items, totalling 851.9 KB...no savings there.
    I'm not sure what directions I'm going to go with this yet...JB is eating up all the space. It probably come down to that the Gapps will have to be trimmed some more...soon only the play store will be in installed.
    Yes, why not just trim it down to the play store only ( is Google now part of gapps or jb?)

Leaving it to the user to install what they use/need/want doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    redrunner1985 and Badboytoast like this.
    09-23-2012 09:19 AM
    Yes, why not just trim it down to the play store only ( is Google now part of gapps or jb?)

Leaving it to the user to install what they use/need/want doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I agree completely!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    redrunner1985 and Badboytoast like this.
    09-23-2012 09:21 AM
    50MB...How? Link please!
    closest i can find related is this : Slim Bean Jelly Bean ROMs Available for Several Devices – xda-developers

they call it slim bean
    Badboytoast likes this.
    09-23-2012 09:25 AM

i think gnow is a gapp thing not jb
    09-23-2012 09:42 AM
    google now is part of the new google search apk.
    09-23-2012 09:47 AM
    google now is part of the new google search apk.
    So we could strip that out of the ROM and make it available separately then? I really never use the search bar on the home screen, and voice search doesn't work anyway right?

09-23-2012 10:51 AM
    50MB...How? Link please!
    Idk. Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1887067

Badboytoast likes this.
    09-23-2012 11:17 AM
    So we could strip that out of the ROM and make it available separately then? I really never use the search bar on the home screen, and voice search doesn't work anyway right?

Would have to be a side-loaded option if search.apk were to be stripped. Play Store lists the LG Optimus V as an incompatible device if you try to re-install from Play Store, even if the device reports it as having 4.1 installed (CM10).
    09-23-2012 11:22 AM
    Delete: LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, SpareParts.apk

Superuser.apk: 1.44MB
    SuperSu.apk: 906KB

Move to (ext) /data/app: Apollo.apk, DeskClock.apk, Email.apk, Gallery.apk, QuickSearchBox.apk (is also in gapps), SoundRecorder.apk, SpeechRecorder.apk, Trebuchet.apk, Term.apk, DownloadProvider.apk, DownloadProviderUI.apk.

That'll push /system/app from 40.2MB to 21.7MB

Delete all apps in gapps but playstore
    09-23-2012 11:27 AM
    Is the issue with it a particularly problematic one, or is it just something on the punchlist that bobzhome hasn't gotten to yet?

Voiced search worked in the previous build, and I'm sure it will be working again soon.
    drew_t likes this.
    09-23-2012 05:04 PM
    I ported slim bean but never released due to all the problems I had

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 06:25 PM
    I like this rom very much! Looks,features, status bar, message pop up, SD etc script, and I can continue.... but I loose my 3g after it been in sleep mode more then 25 minutes. Has any one found a fix? Besides toggle airplane mode, or reboot Please share!! Thanks!
    Bob Thanks for this awesome Rom!!

09-23-2012 06:33 PM
    Just in case someone runs into this... My phone would not boot, it just stuck at the cyanogenmod logo boot screen, until I took out the sd card and tried again. I think it's because I created my sd card partitions on a Mac and it formatted them as boot partitions, hijacking my phone's boot process. Not sure, just a thought. If your phone won't boot, try taking the sd card out until it does, then put it back in.
    This was my problem as well. If I had the card in on initial boot, it would never start up. After the initial boot, it was able to boot with the card in, but on any attempt to install a new app with the card in, it would reboot.

Turned out that my FAT32 extended partition was apparently screwing things up; the extended partition has to be EXT3. I gather that that's how A2SD++ always works, but n00bs might want to be aware
    mvanzante likes this.
    09-23-2012 08:02 PM
    Netflix is not working either on this ROM, in case you either wanted to add it to the list or look into it... :rolleyes:

09-23-2012 08:27 PM
    Anyone with Instagram on this ROM? Seem to have a problem uploading my own pics into it? I get a FC when I try to do it. No problem viewing my Instagram feed. Only when I try to add one to my own...
    09-23-2012 08:35 PM
    Netflix is not working either on this ROM, in case you either wanted to add it to the list or look into it... :rolleyes:

there is no looking into it... its going to be broke until qcom releases armv6 drivers.
    Deal Trees likes this.
    09-23-2012 08:46 PM
    I got it down to 90.5mb.. still not really enough though :/
    09-23-2012 09:02 PM
    there is no looking into it... its going to be broke until qcom releases armv6 drivers.
    Explain? I'm a bit naive.
    09-23-2012 10:35 PM
    For Netflix to work on our phones, we would need to have the drivers that Netflix needs updated to work with the newer operating system. Unfortunately, they never released those drivers for ICS or JB, and it's only by a miracle of modern science and coding that we have CM9 or 10 at all.
    09-23-2012 10:39 PM
    Graphics don't fully work on ICS or JB ROMs beacuse certain drivers Android 4.x needs have not been released by Qualcomm for ARMv6 processors, and probably never will be. This is the reason why YouTube HD also doesn't work.

Details, and the official repsonse, are here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...ion-qdsp/13248
    Buddlespit and cole2kb like this.
    09-23-2012 10:41 PM
    While this may be something of an OT thought from the current thread, the discussion about JB and the increasing size of the OS has bubbled a thought to me. When I was a kid, I worked some on old windows 3.1.1 boxes, and for a while, I owned a set of the old floppies. Later, I had a computer die, and I ended up having to use those disks to install windows in a RAMdrive environment to get the box running and try to get information off the compie in order to make repairs and try and save the hardware. It was a work around, much like the sdEXT stripts allowing us to move apps and such to the SD card and have the OS treat them as if they were on the internal memory.

The thought is, essentially, how much of the OS can we put onto the SD partition safely? And at what point can that data be moved? Can we build a rom that flashes a complete barebones OS with minimal architecture and such (in expectation that the OS itself will continue to put on bulk as time goes by) and then flash the rest of the apps/utilities/etc after first boot, or even before first boot to the SD?

Also, I have heard tell of certain phones being run off a ROM that booted from the SD card, though that may have been through a bootloader. This could also be a solution, though performance may be severely affected, and USB Mass Storage would be completely impossible at that point... but another thought.

Being that we're at a stage where developers for this device are going to have to go off the deep end, I'm OK with being the first one on the board.
    09-23-2012 10:51 PM
1,173 ... 2324252627 ...