04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Thanks, so much, Bobz, for building this. My Optimus is still kicking!

Also, I wanted to note that I haven't been able to match any of my download's MD5 hashes with the one you have posted on your site for the 9/15 build. I figured it was just the previous build's hash but I thought I'd mention it since that combined with the SD card issue confused me for awhile.
    Ignore the first 4 characters from the MD5 in the OP and compare it to what you've got.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    mvanzante likes this.
    09-24-2012 11:34 PM
    hey bobz. the wonderful people at XDA have triple buffering working and new adreno libs. could you upgrade your rom to support those?
    09-25-2012 12:23 AM
    hey bobz. the wonderful people at XDA have triple buffering working and new adreno libs. could you upgrade your rom to support those?
    Wouldn't that make our screen run at like 2 fps? Lol.

09-25-2012 06:29 AM
    Bob, who created Gingerbread ROM that I used and tdm, who created the wonderful Quattrimus both working on THIS?! Not to mention a whole bunch of geniuses working on this build! I'm simply speechless. A few questions since I'm new to this. This build IS compatible with the LG Vortex right? And for some reason, I can't make a call. Roaming indicator is on as well. Enlighten me. XD and sadly, no rotation.
    09-25-2012 12:11 PM
    Bob, who created Gingerbread ROM that I used and tdm, who created the wonderful Quattrimus both working on THIS?! Not to mention a whole bunch of geniuses working on this build! I'm simply speechless. A few questions since I'm new to this. This build IS compatible with the LG Vortex right? And for some reason, I can't make a call. Roaming indicator is on as well. Enlighten me. XD and sadly, no rotation.
    Bobz and tdm are not explicitly working together on this, as far as I know, however, I'm sure that if it hasn't already happened, they will benefit from each other's work, sharing fixes for various bugs. Tdm mentioned yesterday that he compiled a JB build, but if he got it to boot, he hasn't said so yet. As far as I'm aware, Bobz build is not for the Vortex, but I believe that tdm generally builds for multiple devices, the Vortex included. As for screen rotation, I believe that it is working, but I haven't been running this ROM for at least a week, so I don't recall for certain.

BobZhome likes this.
    09-25-2012 01:44 PM
    Bobz and tdm are not explicitly working together on this, as far as I know, however, I'm sure that if it hasn't already happened, they will benefit from each other's work, sharing fixes for various bugs. Tdm mentioned yesterday that he compiled a JB build, but if he got it to boot, he hasn't said so yet. As far as I'm aware, Bobz build is not for the Vortex, but I believe that tdm generally builds for multiple devices, the Vortex included. As for screen rotation, I believe that it is working, but I haven't been running this ROM for at least a week, so I don't recall for certain.

I can confirm working screen rotation.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk
    09-25-2012 02:09 PM
    https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/home I would take a look here to get an idea of the devices bobz develops for. He's probably a lot busier than we think.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    09-25-2012 06:14 PM
    Wouldn't that make our screen run at like 2 fps? Lol.

Lol it actually makes it run really fast and smooth.

It makes hd videos smooth

I saw a video on YouTube

Sent from the My Little Pony Official App
    joemac84 and Encerspay45 like this.
    09-25-2012 07:04 PM
    If you looked at his github, you would see he is very busy.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    09-26-2012 12:58 AM
    Promising news.
    09-26-2012 02:41 AM
    Has there been a fix or workaround found for the Google Now scrolling issue? Searched the thread, didn't see one mentioned.
    09-26-2012 11:00 AM
    Has there been a fix or workaround found for the Google Now scrolling issue? Searched the thread, didn't see one mentioned.
    Not that I'm aware of. I'd like to know if there's a working version for any OV ROM. I'd really like to check it out.

09-26-2012 01:55 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. I'd like to know if there's a working version for any OV ROM. I'd really like to check it out.

I have a working version for this ROM. There's one for ICS...but you need at least 30 MB on your system partition.

Here on BobZ CM10, I just downloaded the Google Search apk from I think some link from that OTHER place, sideloaded it into my phone, so it is actually running off SD-Ext. It works dine, but since the mic doesn't work, you can't use the Voice part. But the cards work, so does search. My only gripe is it occasionally crashes and exits, which is more prevalent if you try to open about 5 mins after your phone reboots and restarts.
    09-26-2012 03:25 PM

Here on BobZ CM10, I just downloaded the Google Search apk from I think some link from that OTHER place, sideloaded it into my phone, so it is actually running off SD-Ext. It works dine, but since the mic doesn't work, you can't use the Voice part. But the cards work, so does search. My only gripe is it occasionally crashes and exits, which is more prevalent if you try to open about 5 mins after your phone reboots and restarts.
    Do you think you could post a link? I'd love to try it with the previous build that had the working mic.
    09-26-2012 07:06 PM
    Do you think you could post a link? I'd love to try it with the previous build that had the working mic.
    Yeah sure

---------- Post Merged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 PM ----------

You'll need to sideload it through a file manager app. You should though delete the original one using a root uninstaller that can safely uninstall apps from the system partition. I use Root Uninstaller from Market.

And then you can install this version manually.

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 PM ----------

whoops wrong one. let me try this again!

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Here is the right one

My BAD!
    09-26-2012 09:11 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Can I replace the voice search apk in the gapps with this one and flash it? I was planning on doing a clean install of Bobz previous build anyway. Idk if it will be too big, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    09-26-2012 09:50 PM
    It seems when my phone goes to sleep the data/WiFi turns off till I turn the screen on. Any fix for this or is it just me?
    09-27-2012 01:25 AM
    It seems when my phone goes to sleep the data/WiFi turns off till I turn the screen on. Any fix for this or is it just me?
    Not just you. I believe this is one of the current issues. WiFi turns off and on it every so ofter it seems, but I am unsure if it is draining more battery this way, perhaps because of deep sleep issues that still exist.
    09-27-2012 01:42 AM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Can I replace the voice search apk in the gapps with this one and flash it? I was planning on doing a clean install of Bobz previous build anyway. Idk if it will be too big, but it's worth a try.

No you can't. I tried to sideload the new voice search apk and then the new search apk and voice still doesn't work.

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:28 AM ----------

No you can't. I tried to sideload the new voice search apk and then the new search apk and voice still doesn't work.
    09-27-2012 09:28 AM

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Yeah, it didn't work. I tried it with the 8/31 build that had a working mic, but I just got force closes every time I hit the little microphone. If I hit the "google" I got the initial google now set up to the point where I could choose "Yes, I'm in." Then I got a force close. Old school voice search still works well, though.
    09-27-2012 08:54 PM
    Anyone having problems with data on the v. I, know it's not the roms. I've tried five today trying to fix the problem. When data is downloading, it goes to
    1x with full bars. When not downloading it goes to 3g with one bar. Then full to none with in seconds. Do, I have a hardware problem or is it virgin missing with me.
    09-27-2012 09:56 PM
    Anyone having problems with data on the v. I, know it's not the roms. I've tried five today trying to fix the problem. When data is downloading, it goes to
    1x with full bars. When not downloading it goes to 3g with one bar. Then full to none with in seconds. Do, I have a hardware problem or is it virgin missing with me.
    This ROM in particular has a radio problem at the moment, but not like you're describing it. Two things come to mind. A: You're in an area with poor reception. Even if it's an area that you generally have good reception in, there could be a higher than normal traffic volume. B: You've hit your monthly data quota, and it's being throttled, although I don't think that usually manifests itself through the reception icon. Especially since you say it's affecting multiple ROMs.

What ROMs have you tried, just so we can rule out the ROMs for certain?

Badboytoast likes this.
    09-27-2012 11:07 PM
    Two problems I'm encountering.

1. 3G Issues. I'm using the app power toggles and when I turn off 3g at times, the 3g is still turned on. the only way around this is rebooting the phone. It might be just the power toggles app but I don't know.

2. USB Connection. In order to connect to my computer via USB, I have to turn on Android Debugging and then turn it back off.
    09-28-2012 01:17 AM
    Two problems I'm encountering.

1. 3G Issues. I'm using the app power toggles and when I turn off 3g at times, the 3g is still turned on. the only way around this is rebooting the phone. It might be just the power toggles app but I don't know.

2. USB Connection. In order to connect to my computer via USB, I have to turn on Android Debugging and then turn it back off.
    Well I use juice defender and it does not toggle the data on when I turn on the screen. I'm not sure if it has to do with the ROM or that the app is not updated to support Jelly Bean. I'm having the same problems, as in everyone using this ROM. I didn't know about the work around for the USB connection, as far as I was concerned it was broken. Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    09-28-2012 02:37 PM
    Hmmm.... my hosts file keeps turning empty... is this a problem with adfree android or jellybean or just this ROM? Thoughts?

09-29-2012 12:10 PM
1,173 ... 2526272829 ...