04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    How bad is data problem?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-07-2012 12:43 PM
    Pretty bad, I'm waiting for the next release(Because google now scrolling is fixed ), Whenever you lock your phone and set it somewhere for like 10 minutes (deep sleep) data turns off (Which is normal) but when you unlock it, data does not want to connect, that's the issue.
    jonny5449 and cabiggs152 like this.
    10-07-2012 12:53 PM
    You can add "toggle mobile data" to the power widget and keep it off when you are not using it. It's usually there when you turn it on then.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    10-07-2012 01:37 PM
    The only data problem I have experienced is when I go from wi-fi to mobile data. For some reason, my 3G won't turn on.
    Also, I was in Cincinnati last night (I'm normally in Indiana) and I had full 3G bars, but my data would not work at all. I turned on and off airplane modeand that didn't seem to work. Don't know if that has to do with your ROM, the PRL, or VM, but I thought I would post it here.
    10-07-2012 05:29 PM
    The only data problem I have experienced is when I go from wi-fi to mobile data. For some reason, my 3G won't turn on.
    Also, I was in Cincinnati last night (I'm normally in Indiana) and I had full 3G bars, but my data would not work at all. I turned on and off airplane modeand that didn't seem to work. Don't know if that has to do with your ROM, the PRL, or VM, but I thought I would post it here.
    That is a current ROM issue sir.
    10-07-2012 08:54 PM
    That is a current ROM issue sir.

Indeed. That's why I flashed back to Bob's CM9.1. And I went from 9 am to 7 pm with my setup (as far as sync, data, web, text, phone, push notifications, widgets) and got to 35% battery left.
    Zakman and rollfy6 like this.
    10-07-2012 09:01 PM
    You forgot to mention that I also have a wife and five kids...so that means there are six cell phones in my house

Thanks to your info, I was able to trim Trebuchet by 10mb...but the ROM is still at 91mb. I've had to make a smaller version of Gapps to be able to flash it completely.

As far as an update: Camcorder is now working and mass storage is working in Linux ONLY. I'll probably release another build this weekend, with hopes of having mass storage for Windows and the data issue fixed...but no promises!
    Also bobz, Audio mic needs to be fixed for apps just letting you know
    10-07-2012 09:12 PM
    Are there any scripts I can flash to have dalvik-cache and apps on to the sd-ext

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    10-07-2012 09:53 PM
    Apart from that, how bout talking with TheKraven for Audio Routing fix?

10-07-2012 10:04 PM
    I thought that was already included.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    10-07-2012 10:14 PM
    Kraven fixed Headphone routing. So now no sound comes out phone when headphones are attached. October 6 is his latest build.

Zakman and Badboytoast like this.
    10-07-2012 11:07 PM
    Kraven fixed Headphone routing. So now no sound comes out phone when headphones are attached. October 6 is his latest build.

I'm curious about that fix and its compatibility with other 4.0 and 4.1 builds. I would assume that this would require a new build and some more bug fixing at the very least, if it could even be added that way. Regardless, I assume that if someone else did the legwork on this one, barring its incompatibility with 4.1 (and I hope it's compatible), I hope it would be included in future builds.
    10-07-2012 11:15 PM
    Where is there a new build?

10-07-2012 11:53 PM
    Where is there a new build?

Whenever bob decides to release an update.

10-08-2012 06:27 AM
    Might be nice to get an occasional nightly build or something since it seems there's been a number of new fixes but no build for a month

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Deal Trees and StumDroid like this.
    10-08-2012 12:18 PM
    Might be nice to get an occasional nightly build or something since it seems there's been a number of new fixes but no build for a month

The fixes are from other developers, Bob has to look it all over and add the parts we can use. Plus he has another rom and a family life.
    rollfy6, joemac84, Anonymo and 2 others like this.
    10-08-2012 01:14 PM
    I'm aware he has other things going on, and doesn't change anything I said.
    Note the "might be nice"
    I've been benefiting from bobz and others on this forum for so long, word can't express my gratitude. Really demonstrating why keeping devices open allows for the community to support and in this case even keep an old underpowered device relevant.
    10-08-2012 01:56 PM
    The fixes are from other developers, Bob has to look it all over and add the parts we can use. Plus he has another rom and a family life.
    Plus he has to deal with the big issue of rom size.

10-08-2012 04:03 PM
    I once read about a way to remove the internal mem partition and give the phone a lot more internal mem. What if we all did that to our phones? Rom size wouldn't be an issue, right?
    10-08-2012 04:21 PM
    I once read about a way to remove the internal mem partition and give the phone a lot more internal mem. What if we all did that to our phones? Rom size wouldn't be an issue, right?
    I believe that is for app storage and Dalvik? For the A2SD++ script Bob already uses for both 9.1 and 10?

The ROM's base files, modules, tweaks and libraries go into the system partition, which is only 178 mb, nothing more, nothing less...that's it.
    10-08-2012 07:20 PM
    Note the "might be nice"
    "might be nice" if you learned git and compiled your own nightly build.

The man has 5 kids and still does this semi-monthly. Let him work in peace.
    10-08-2012 07:24 PM
    I attempted to compile cm10 a while back. I couldn't do it. Its unbelievable how much work our devs do for us. This is not an easy task. At all. Let BobZhome do his thing, he never ceases to amaze. As mentioned, he has a busy life and supports a few different phones. Without the amazing optimus v devs, I wouldn't be able to compile a ROM. My thanks goes out to all of the devs everywhere, no matter how mean they are (none of our devs are mean, this is just in general). Give him some time. If you get withdraws, try building off of BobZhomes git. Its almost always build able.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    10-08-2012 07:37 PM
    Course the hate train for just throwing something out there. I realize its unlikely but why not ask? No harm in that. No pressure.
    10-08-2012 07:48 PM
    Course the hate train for just throwing something out there. I realize its unlikely but why not ask? No harm in that. No pressure.
    not a hate train for the most part, just explainations. Its no big deal, just remember not to ask in the future. Its, in a way, like asking for an eta
    10-08-2012 07:58 PM
    Can't wait for an update on this ROM.

10-09-2012 10:44 AM
1,173 ... 2829303132 ...