04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 454647
tools
    Thanks, brotherswing. I'll give COT a try and report back later. I haven't been around for a bit, hope you're well.

I've never used COT, why does it look so complicated?!
    09-26-2013 03:27 PM
    Sorry brotherswing, I have to disagree.
    The VM670NH recovery which is a ClockworkMod recovery, modified by BobZohme, is one of the two best recoveries for are phone.
    If the:
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe dalvik cache
    format boot, cache, data, system, and sd ext
    are selected and their still not getting past the splash screen, then the ROM zip is corrupt.
    They need to download another then check the md5 sum.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    GirlPanic likes this.
    09-26-2013 06:22 PM
    Well, Andy, you may very well be right. I knew Bobz had made the vm670nh recovery after the whole Novatec/Hitachi fiasco, but to be perfectly honest I never used it. I went straight from Xionia to CWMT to TWRP. I tested COT, but have stuck with TWRP simply because I really like the UI. I made my suggestion based on the older CWM builds that caused these problems.
    Revised advice: listen to Andy, if that doesn't work then try my idea.

May your camels never go bald.
    09-26-2013 09:02 PM
    Thanks, guys. I was hesitant about COT because like I said, it looked a bit complicated for me. I don't want to brick anything, I just want another ROM.
    I downloaded Jellybean from this site, but I'll look for other links as well.
    09-26-2013 09:21 PM
    Try thekravens newest cm10.1 build with the latest kernel if you want to go with a different jelly bean rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    GirlPanic likes this.
    09-26-2013 09:42 PM
    Oh, thanks! Gonna check out BobZ first, but options are a good thing.
    09-26-2013 11:12 PM
    If you do decide to go that route, try bigsupersquid's kernel. It's really very good. The only problem is the battery charging doesn't display properly.

May your camels never go bald.
    09-27-2013 06:37 AM
    Sadly, I got the same result last night, just the boot screen. I've looked for different links, but they've brought me back here. Is thekraven's ROM for Optimus V or S?
    09-27-2013 07:15 PM
    All his ROMs are for the S, but, he allways includes a Virgin Mobile fix/patch. You need the Virgin fix. Their usually in thekravens first or second post.
    Flash the ROM, then the fix, then the Gapps.

GirlPanic likes this.
    09-27-2013 09:02 PM
    Okay, so I'll try to download that now, thanks. The other mystery for me is the fact that I can no longer view this forum on my phone. It just shows a header with the option to download the app, then blank. When I did try to download the app, I got an error message, 491, I think. Perhaps if I can get this ROM or some variation of it to actually work, it will solve that issue.
    09-27-2013 09:38 PM
    So I was looking for further info on recoveries and stuff and found this reply in an older thread.

Originally Posted by AndyOpie150
    It's not just a matter of installing the recovery, it's how you insall it.

It has to be flashed thru the messed up recovery.

Download a ziped recovery with the "fix recovery loop" option like Zengarden, put it on the root of the sd card.
    Once card is in phone, boot into recovery. Go to the "install zip from sd card" option and flash the ziped version of ZenGarden like you would a ROM.

When done go back to recovery menu and choose the advanced options. Select to reboot recovery.
    After it boots into the ZenGarden find the "fix recovery loop" option and apply.
    Flash new ROM (and Gapps if needed).

So this response was to another person who was also stuck in a boot loop. Can't remember what ROM he was trying to flash, but I just wanted to know if I could use this info and Zen Garden recovery to flash BobZ's Jellybean. If so, I'm sorry I didn't see it before yesterday.
    09-29-2013 02:24 PM
    Usually the reason a ROM doesn't boot is the ROM.zip is corrupt, the pre installation wipe was incomplete, or the sd card partition has the wrong format for the ROM being installed.
    What recovery are you using? What format is your sd card partition? Please explain everything you wipe and format before installing the ROM and Gapps.

09-29-2013 03:34 PM
    I'm using the VM670NH recovery. My SD card partition is FAT 32. When I try to flash, I wipe data/factory reset, cache partition, dalvik cache, then I
    format boot, cache, data, system, and SD ext. Then I install the ROM (in this case, BobZ Jellybean from the link on this site), and Gapps, the small, not the latest since they're too big. Running Quattrimus right now. I just want to know if the zipped Zen Garden recovery can be used with the Jellybean ROM or if I have to use the terminal emulator method with the commands.
    09-29-2013 04:32 PM
    To use the Jellybean ROMs you will need to reformat the sd card partition to ext.4 (except for the Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2). Most will not even boot unless your partition is ext.4.
    You can flash the ZenGarden recovery in it's zipped form just like a ROM (No need to wipe anything). Once flashed you need to go to the advanced section of your current recovery and select the "reboot recovery" option.
    Since you have a FAT32 partition you will need to reformat to ext.4 on computer.
    Note: You already have the best recovery for our phone installed. It will flash anything. I have had problems with ZenGarden and COT not flashing some things, plus, if you ever need to flash the ZV9 update to revert back to stock they will brick your phone.
    I use the Touch Screen ClockworkMod recovery (Just as good as your current recovery, has touch screen in case my physical buttons ever quite working), but it to will brick my phone with ZV9 update. I still keep the Xionia recovery in it's zipped form in case of a recovery loop on my old ZV4 phone (you need COT in zipped form if ZV5 phone), or I need to flash the ZV9 update.

Hope this has cleared up a few things for you.

PS: I really think the SlimRom, or my MOD of it, is the smoothest, fastest, Jellybean ROM with everything working you will find. I even quit using the Mirage ROM (That's saying a lot).

CaptainPackers and GirlPanic like this.
    09-30-2013 09:46 AM
    I really want to try your ROM, looks great! I won't ramble on this time, just saying thanks.
    09-30-2013 04:48 PM
    Yo where is ur mod

09-30-2013 09:47 PM
    Tried your rom. Can't get past the second CM splash screen (with the spinning circles). Waited a full 30 min. Did a clean install. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with thekraven slimrom. Seems there is something inherently wrong with either my environment or my process. I can't get anything above Harmonia 2.0 to boot up on my phone.

I'm using CWM v4.0.1.5 recovery. Is that a problem? If I need to update, can you recommend a recovery and direct me to a guide? I've been looking at recovery options but it's not very clear to me how to update recovery. I haven't changed it since I rooted my phone. Is there a lot of shagging around with copying files to the root of the sd, like busybox and superuser, and of course some kind of recovery image file? Changing recovery scares me. I've had good success recovering with this one?

Also, my sd is currently set up to use link2sd. Not sure if that should be causing trouble or not. I would think not.
    03-17-2014 11:29 AM
    The partition scheme of the SD card shouldn't matter for the recovery. The easiest way to flash a recovery is from inside Android using something like FlashImg GUI or Anthony CR's Recovery Installer. Before I retired my OV I was using TWRP for the LS670 (same hardware) because I hate not having touchscreen support in recovery.

New and improved!
    badblue1__ likes this.
    03-20-2014 07:53 AM
    Tried your rom. Can't get past the second CM splash screen (with the spinning circles). Waited a full 30 min. Did a clean install. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with thekraven slimrom. Seems there is something inherently wrong with either my environment or my process. I can't get anything above Harmonia 2.0 to boot up on my phone.

I'm using CWM v4.0.1.5 recovery. Is that a problem? If I need to update, can you recommend a recovery and direct me to a guide? I've been looking at recovery options but it's not very clear to me how to update recovery. I haven't changed it since I rooted my phone. Is there a lot of shagging around with copying files to the root of the sd, like busybox and superuser, and of course some kind of recovery image file? Changing recovery scares me. I've had good success recovering with this one?

Also, my sd is currently set up to use link2sd. Not sure if that should be causing trouble or not. I would think not.
    For Andy's Rom Mod you need to use ClockWorkMod 5.2.0.7 touchsceen.

Read the first post all the way thru, he tells you exactly how to install his Mod, if you follow his instructions to the letter, you should have no problem.
    03-21-2014 05:24 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post3098301
    This is the link to the mod badblue1 mentioned.
    badblue1__ likes this.
    03-21-2014 07:43 PM
    Just for documenting here, I didn't follow clodfelterac's instructions. I basically just followed the devs instructions at XDA in that all I did was flash the script.

so basically my steps were:
    1) wipe data, cache, sd-ext, dalvik
    2) partition sd-card (2gb sd-ext, 0 swap)
    3) mount sdcard
    4) adb push bobz rom, gapps, a2sd++ scripts
    5) flashed Bobz rom
    6) flashed gapps
    7) flashed a2sd++
    8) reboot
    I'm starting to run out of memory. Installed apps can't even update from Google without failing. Been shagging around with moving apps to SD manually to try to free up enough memory just to get an update, even if the app manager shows 70 mb of free ram. Is this the easiest way to fix the memory issue? I was running link2sd on GB and it worked really well. This doesn't look too bad though, if you just flash an a2sd++ zip file. Did you use the slim gapps? Where can I find a2sd++ zip?
    04-09-2014 01:09 PM
    Blue Tooth headset won't work with the phone. BT works fairly well otherwise
    Update - Unpair / pair sequence fixed problem with phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2014 06:17 PM
    What size is SD card?
    Wipe:
    wipe data/factory reset
    cache partition
    dalvik cache

Format:
    boot
    data
    cache
    sd ext
    system

Make sure the cache partition is not mounted before the first two wipes and before formatting the cache partition (you can't wipe or format a mounted partition).

Check md5 sum of downloaded ROM and 20110828 Gapps.
    04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 454647