[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just install it myself lol

I basically went into the lastest update (using winRAR), remove LatinIME.apk (the 24mb one), then replaced it with the 2mb one you packaged before and that does the trick in regards to saving space for gapps. Hopefully BobZ can push that in the next update. Zakman's medium jb gapps works great on this rom :)

EDIT: So is anyone else noticing when you get a text notification in the status bar, after the text animates out of the bar it leaves a white trail kinda like animation lag? Just wondering if it is just me

Last edited:

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I basically went into the lastest update (using winRAR), remove LatinIME.apk (the 24mb one), then replaced it with the 2mb one you packaged before and that does the trick in regards to saving space for gapps. Hopefully BobZ can push that in the next update. Zakman's medium jb gapps works great on this rom :)

EDIT: So is anyone else noticing when you get a text notification in the status bar, after the text animates out of the bar it leaves a white trail kinda like animation lag? Just wondering if it is just me

For that lag, it may never be fixed. we need those openMAX drivers for ics and those they arnt releasing.

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why I'm the only one with the problem of calls going straight to voicemail. I know it's not much help but I thought I'd say... I don't think it's a problem in the kernel. Just switched to Zakman's Jelly Alpha 7 and it works fine in that.

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, my home button did not work with the newest update. I also, for some reason, did not have any play store. I installed the GApps in the OP. My browser also would not open. Any ideas?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, my home button did not work with the newest update. I also, for some reason, did not have any play store. I installed the GApps in the OP. My browser also would not open. Any ideas?

There isn't enough room for gapps. You need to delete stuff and modify the gapps to fit.

1saint10

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching back to my cold as ice ics rom , too many bugs for me i might switch back if u at least fix the play store and home key bugs.
It might be beacuse i dont have enough space on my sd card so ill probably get a new one. Aside from all the bugs , the rom is awsome.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
On bobz release, menu works but home selects, I swapped input.so and now keys are s keys, I believe its a kernel problem

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I haven't tried cm10 yet but if doing this gets you OS layout.. Then in /system/usr/keylayout if you swap keys 139 and 102 in the thunderc_keypad.kl and qwerty.kl you should have normal OV layout. Unless I'm way off and things are different in cm10

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.2 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

Yeah just swapped that and it works!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I thought we had the keys figured out?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.1 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
May I ask what files you fixed so I can fix mine

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
I don't change files...I alter source code to fix things. Example is the "boot to recovery fix", I made changes in android_frameworks_base/core/res/res/values/arrays.xml which when compiled ends up with changes in framework.

That being said, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the lack of space. If I swap out keyboards, it become a port rather than a build...which I don't like to do. I was thinking about changing partition sizes and removing space from data and giving it to system...but I'm afraid that others or even myself may brick the phone. I'll have to do some more research on the matter.

Right now I feel ICS was the end of the line for this phone.
Ideas and suggestion are welcomed...

Reactions: zoidberg_md

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't change files...I alter source code to fix things. Example is the "boot to recovery fix", I made changes in android_frameworks_base/core/res/res/values/arrays.xml which when compiled ends up with changes in framework.

That being said, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the lack of space. If I swap out keyboards, it become a port rather than a build...which I don't like to do. I was thinking about changing partition sizes and removing space from data and giving it to system...but I'm afraid that others or even myself may brick the phone. I'll have to do some more research on the matter.

In scripting, could you set it to where /system is mostly installed to /sd-ext via symbolic link? Or can you not script that for recovery? People would have to have basically at least 512mb sd-ext to compensate system data and user apps, but this may be a method if possible.

Of course in the very least anyone wanting to use this rom has to have partitioned sd-ext space, but for newer roms that is practically needed anyways.

Let's use what are sd card was meant for (if possible).

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you've thought of this, but I believe the differences between the two keyboards is languages removed. Is it possible to just remove the languages at a source level?

I also somewhat agree with you. In my experience, ICS runs "smooth enough" on this phone most of the time. Running Jellybean at this moment just feels...sluggish, slow, etc. Not at the fault of anyone trying to get it going,I just agree that it is just too much for this device.

Of course, that is to be taken with a huge grain of salt, I am just a user and not a developer.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I also somewhat agree with you. In my experience, ICS runs "smooth enough" on this phone most of the time. Running Jellybean at this moment just feels...sluggish, slow, etc. Not at the fault of anyone trying to get it going,I just agree that it is just too much for this device.

Of course, that is to be taken with a huge grain of salt, I am just a user and not a developer.

JB does have it's slow down I admit that, but with egl patch its running pretty good for starting out.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
:eek:

Don't say that its coming along well
Its OK if its a port everyone knows your roms are f'en amazing your doing good and so is zak and I think you are the best at this than anyone else so I say keep doing this
Ics is not the ending line...
That's quiting talk:thumbdown:

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking this better than ics so far.
fingers crossed that the browser is more functional in jb.
I'll bet i can find some stuff to remove from the build to reduce size a little...
now that i have a real internet connection I'll sync your source and poke at it. thanks for building and sharing.
interesting thing i never had happen before:
going from quattrimus ics to this, i wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache. the 4 apps stored on sd-ext all work with this (some old gingerbread quick settings app, sl4a, and Swype beta/Swype installer)
even Swype beta. before i always had to reinstall it after changing ROMs.
this time i only had to enable it in settings.
/edit/ i don't know about gapps, i only use them in secondary installs with multiRom so i can cherrypick apps out of /data downloaded from the market. then i don't get the battery drain and system resource reduction from the gapps on my nand install.

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
In scripting, could you set it to where /system is mostly installed to /sd-ext via symbolic link? Or can you not script that for recovery? People would have to have basically at least 512mb sd-ext to compensate system data and user apps, but this may be a method if possible.

I like that idea. I'm in favor of having just the essential Jellybean OS files in the phones memory and everything else being forced to sd-ext.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you've thought of this, but I believe the differences between the two keyboards is languages removed. Is it possible to just remove the languages at a source level?

Your right, there's 71.9MB in dictionaries!
I'm going to compile it with only EN and ES to see how small it gets.

Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: zoidberg_md

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm telling you guys, you can just move GApps to /data/app, lib, framework, ect and they work FINE. We have plenty of room on that partition lets make an installer to move them there.

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

If there are sources for the keyboard from CM (pretty sure there are) just remove all of the images that arent mdpi and that could slim the keyboard. or see if there are sources up for the slimmed JB keyboard and throw them in there. It probably wouldnt be a good idea to change partition sizes, because of bricks, and because people already whine about it for ICS. Check wallpapers and everything and remove anything that isnt mdpi. those are my suggestions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy