[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. I also tried flashing ICS just to see. Still can't seem to get them to work with gapps. Is there a way to get Google synced without flashing gapps?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I had a problem getting gapps to install and everything working until I replaced the larger LatinIME in the ROM zip file with the smaller one and then using the 15mb gapps. Try what Zakman says to do in post #100 on page 4. Everything I've tried has worked for me except my bluetooth headset.

Reactions: Badboytoast

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
BobZ, Thanks for your work on this, it is really a lot better than I expected at such an early stage. The screen sensitivity is way off scale as I barely touch it to get a response instead of continually hitting it over and over. The squareup credit card reader even works. So far, all I have come across that doesn't work for me is my bluetooth headset (jawbone icon). It does some strange stuff. Hopefully when the bluetooth gets fixed, we won't loose the squareup reader as in IHO's CM7 and Tdm's CM9. Since it happened in both ROMs when the bluetooth was fixed, maybe you can avoid the "fix" that they both used since I am pointing it out fairly early to you. Again, thanks so very much for your work.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
So after 24hrs of usage these are the biggest issues that have not been mentioned yet:

Some times, the clock on the top right corner is completely wrong (Ie right now its 3:32AM and my phone says 11:55 on the top right corner, but the lock screen time is correct. I just disabled automatically set the time and put it in manually, and it still is wrong after a few minutes.

The alarm is extremely buggy, i set it for 2am and 2:15, and it went off every single minute when I his snooze or dismiss - only way to stop it was to disable the entire alarm (on a bright note, it woke me up - on a not so bright note - my girlfriend is upset with you now bob ;)

jeffreykowalski

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather have to deal with the "android is upgrading" every boot instead of "invalid package file" problem. The only time I had to reboot was because of the RIL disconnecting.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just installed today's build! So far, so good. Voice search from the play store works from the app icon. I got all my apps installed, but not much room to spare. I'll be keeping an eye on the 3G today. No more "optimizing x of x!" That takes my boot from 7 min to about 1!

Thanks so much Bob!

Edit: Voice search from the play store partially works. You can use it to call or text, but not to actually search. It will just listen to you and then open the browser.

Last edited:

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Just installed today's build! So far, so good. Voice search from the play store works from the app icon. I got all my apps installed, but not much room to spare. I'll be keeping an eye on the 3G today. No more "optimizing x of x!" That takes my boot from 7 min to about 2!

Thanks so much Bob!

Mine still optimizes the apps... :(

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather have to deal with the "android is upgrading" every boot instead of "invalid package file" problem. The only time I had to reboot was because of the RIL disconnecting.

I agree 100%; why is fast boot up more important than not being able to install apps?

I wonder, would it make sense just to remove the automatic apps2sd that comes with the rom and let the user choose doing this by using a link2sd program?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%; why is fast boot up more important than not being able to install apps?

I wonder, would it make sense just to remove the automatic apps2sd that comes with the rom and let the user choose doing this by using a link2sd program?

I have had no problem installing apps (or gapps). I have installed the 20 apps that I normally use without any issues.

I reboot at least twice a day. I have 2 spare batteries and I usually use them both through the course of the day. The 7 min boot was getting old.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problem installing apps (or gapps). I have installed the 20 apps that I normally use without any issues.

I reboot at least twice a day. I have 2 spare batteries and I usually use them both through the course of the day. The 7 min boot was getting old.

alright; it's true that usage is different for everyone :)

I'll cross my fingers, I've had issues with older roms that didn't move apps to sd-ext along with dalvik cache.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree as well. Apps is more important than faster boot. The update is great though. No problems with camera, and definitely smoother in general with egl patch.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Might wanna try a complete wipe and reflash sounds like some low level changes were made between this build and last.

This is what I did:

put the smaller latin apk in the zip,
booted into recovery
wiped data / cache/ dalvik
installed rom
wiped data/ cache dalvik again
installed gapps

After doing this i get optimizing every reboot still.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did:

put the smaller latin apk in the zip,
booted into recovery
wiped data / cache/ dalvik
installed rom
wiped data/ cache dalvik again
installed gapps

After doing this i get optimizing every reboot still.

Try formatting sd-ext. If that doesn't' work, format everything else under mounts. Also no need to wipe anything after installing the rom.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Folks, the apps still going to the SD-EXT partition...the only thing in the DATA partition is Dalvik, apps symlink, and the apps user data(your specific info). I have about 20 apps installed and my DATA partition still has 46.5MB free.
With the amount of flashing I do, fast restarts are important to me. All the apps I need are already on my SD-EXT partition, so the Play Store error's don't concern me. I build my ROM's to my liking...no one forces you to use it...there are plenty of others to flash :-*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay