[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did clean installation. Is it still not fixed??. Thanks for hard work BobZ.

Sent from my type-R using Tapatalk 2

Do you have Play Store? If not, then gapps probably didn't install and the home button doesn't work. Did you download the listed gapps on the first page? It is different from the last time. I do believe it is a lot smaller than before.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I just officially tried using voice search it wouldn't search it just went to the Google search page but it dose understand what I say

YouTube HQ also works unless it still plays in regular format I tried it it played smooth for me so I'm assuming it works lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

joelz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Voice commands like texting work, just not search queries.

I'm sold on this ROM, but really miss web search from the home screen widget. I'd gladly trade Google Now for ICS search. Any way to pull this off?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm sold on this ROM, but really miss web search from the home screen widget. I'd gladly trade Google Now for ICS search. Any way to pull this off?

Yeah I've been playing with cm10 and I've realized that I use the search widget a lot. You can still use it, the only thing is that instead of

Tap on bar >> Google search

You have to

Tap on bar >> Google now >> tap on search bar in Google now >> searches what you type

Brightness control is broken.

Thats all I found....:)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yup :D
I noticed that data has trouble staying connected, which subsequently causes issues with SMS for some reason. I've had several failed to send texts.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Or you could turn off Google now
Go to goolge now press the menu button tap the setting option than go to Google now than slide the "on" button to off

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
@Bobz. Not sure if you know it but there us 2 userinit files but one has a typeo 9userinit and 90userinit. This might be the reason for the app2ext break.

Edit: maybe not. They look the same.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: BobZhome

joelz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Or you could turn off Google now
Go to goolge now press the menu button tap the setting option than go to Google now than slide the "on" button to off

That gets me closer, but there's still that pesky scrolling problem. I only get to view the first couple search results.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
@BobZ, is there anyway to remedy only being able to install a few apps before internal starts notifying of low storage space? I used TiBackup to move user app data to sd card(to sd-ext/data2), and that seemed to have freed up some internal memory, is there any other suggestions?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
@BobZ, is there anyway to remedy only being able to install a few apps before internal starts notifying of low storage space? I used TiBackup to move user app data to sd card(to sd-ext/data2), and that seemed to have freed up some internal memory, is there any other suggestions?
Your out of space on DATA partition? Your apps should be on SD-EXT, correct? And you moved your app/data...so your telling me Dalvik is using up 187MB?
:confused:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Your out of space on DATA partition? Your apps should be on SD-EXT, correct? And you moved your app/data...so your telling me Dalvik is using up 187MB?
:confused:

I ran out of space after flashing gapps and installing three apps. I do NOT use sd-ext since I use only the stock apps except for themes so it doesn't matter to me, but it may be that dalvik is indeed taking up a lot. I noticed that tapatalk was consuming 14 MB and it wouldn't let me clear cache on it (which I'm assuming is the huge size). If you want us to post logcats or anything say the word Bob.

Reactions: sellers86

martinez41613

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to let y'all know that google search was updated on google play and it nows includes google now. Anyone wants to to try it and see if it works? I would try it but I'm on CM7 and I'm too lazy to switch to CM10 lol.