[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Bob,
On the stock rom I would usually make calls using my earbuds and the phone's built-in microphone. I find it more convenient since I have my earbuds in all day anyway, and it's also nice to keep my little radiation box away from my brain.

This method does not work on any of the CM roms I've tried (7.2, 9.0, 9.1, and now 10). It's not just yours, but every build I've tried. Would it be difficult to make this possible?
I'm confused...what is not happening that you want to happen?

Reactions: upconvert

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused...what is not happening that you want to happen?

I believe they are referring to using the built in mic on the headset that you can use to make calls on froyo... that hasn't been resolved on any ROM AFAIK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sadly, I'm going back to ICS for a bit... just a couple things not working that make it confusing for other people who pick up my phone. I'll be back though.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe they are referring to using the built in mic on the headset that you can use to make calls on froyo... that hasn't been resolved on any ROM AFAIK.
I thought the headset mic was working...I'll re-test it tomorrow, to late to call someone tonight.

Hey Bob. Your smart, do you know anything about the audio routing on 4.0+? :confused:
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Not really, just the very basics...but maybe this link may help.

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought the headset mic was working...I'll re-test it tomorrow, to late to call someone tonight.

Not really, just the very basics...but maybe this link may help.

Not the headset mic. I believe upconvert wants to use regular everyday headphones to listen to the call audio while using the mic on the phone to speak to the person on the other end. Apparently that was possible on the stock OS?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

The OP was referring to having a pair of regular stereo earbuds in, and using the phone's mic to make / answer a call with the headphones plugged in. For example, I run into this bug on -all- ROMs if I'm out walking and don't want to take my buds out to answer a call. I have to unplug them and use the phone like normal.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The OP was referring to having a pair of regular stereo earbuds in, and using the phone's mic to make / answer a call with the headphones plugged in. For example, I run into this bug on -all- ROMs if I'm out walking and don't want to take my buds out to answer a call. I have to unplug them and use the phone like normal.

That is exactly what I meant. Thanks.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This would be good, because I attach my phone to my car and would like to use my car speakers with the built in mic for calls.

DudeOfAwesome

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just for documenting here, I didn't follow clodfelterac's instructions. I basically just followed the devs instructions at XDA in that all I did was flash the script.

so basically my steps were:
1) wipe data, cache, sd-ext, dalvik
2) partition sd-card (2gb sd-ext, 0 swap)
3) mount sdcard
4) adb push bobz rom, gapps, a2sd++ scripts
5) flashed Bobz rom
6) flashed gapps
7) flashed a2sd++
8) reboot

Where did you get the a2sd++ script? I can't seem to find a download link on google.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i tried it
it didnt work

how good is the service where you are trying?

I just happened to test some tasker tasks today and I noticed that when i turned on airplane mode then turned it off through my tasks 3g connected immediately; there is better service where i tested it versus where i tried the other day.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this matters or helps, but the mic can be on while ear buds are plugged in. For example, if I am listening to music and I hit the voice search button, the music mutes and voice search hears me fine, even though the ear buds are still plugged in. The mic only seems to turn off during calls. If I unplug the earbuds during the call, the mic turns back on and the other party can hear me fine.

Last edited:

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
BobZ??? Does Your new JB rom have all the security features implemented in it that the actual JB does? Thanks G-

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Xyele

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say a quick thanks for the development of this ROM.

I installed the ROM and so far I really like it, seems very smooth so far.

I did also install the full gapps for jb, I don't use that many apps, and after install there was about 67megs of space left. I do also have an sd-ext partition on my sd card.

And with the apps that I do have, which I think at most I use 10-12 everything seems fine thus far on that end, haven't run out of space, yet, lol.

I've only run into two problems thus far, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to fully play around with it and check it out fully yet.

1)YouTube will work sometimes, play a video, and then the phone will reboot, also sometimes it just will reboot completely before loading a YouTube video (non HD videos just to clarify on it)

2) The WiFi symbol seems to disappear sometimes, still have the WiFi connection when it happens, but it only seems to disappear so far after it reboots, as with YouTube. Turning it off and back on seems to work for now as a fix.

That's all I've noticed so far. Just thought I would share that.

Again, great ROM so far, really looking good.

Reactions: BobZhome

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading a whole lots of questions for bobz lol come on guys be greatful he is working hard on this while ur doing what just testing it. I appreciate the hard work haven't had many issues but with it still a work in progress those things are expected I lobe this jelly bean can't wait for next update.

Reactions: BobZhome

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance