[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
n an analysis published Monday, security researcher Jon Oberheide said Android version 4.1, aka Jelly Bean, is the first version of the Google-developed OS to properly implement a protection known as address space layout randomization. ASLR, as it's more often referred to, randomizes the memory locations for the library, stack, heap, and most other OS data structures. As a result, hackers who exploit memory corruption bugs that inevitably crop up in complex pieces of code are unable to know in advance where their malicious payloads will be loaded. When combined with a separate defense known as data execution prevention, ASLR can effectively neutralize such attacks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

needlez667

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
quick question for you bob. Is it possible to add some of the virgin abilities like being able to dial out ##virgin# so we can activate the phone if need be from your rom?? is this possible?? The only reason I ask is because I've recently had to go from 4.1 back to 2.2.2 just to change my #. So I can of would think that there's a way to add some of these features back to the system in 4.1?? or is it not possible because we'd need to have someone program a 4.1 version of the 2.2.2 program activate??

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Calm down guys, it's been less than 24 hours. They are working on it, along with fixing Tapatalk.

edit -- In fact, it's been...about 8 hours, because I was awake when it launched, lol.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
For the ASLR, you could probably use a custom RAMFS, the feature is turned on in the kernel. Basically its a feature that just changes the memory addresses after so many clock ticks.

DudeOfAwesome

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So I recently installed this amazing ROM, but it doesn't seem like a2sd++ is working right. It doesn't seem to move dalvik to the SD card. I only have about 10 apps installed, and i have about 20MB of space left.
Here's my steps for my install

1. Wipe phone
2. Partition 8GB SD card to have 1 ext3 partition and 1 fat32 partition
3. Install ROM
4. Boot up
5. Power down
6. Install bobz's gapps
7. Install a2sd++
8. Boot up and install apps etc

Did I do anything wrong?

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
For the ASLR, you could probably use a custom RAMFS, the feature is turned on in the kernel. Basically its a feature that just changes the memory addresses after so many clock ticks.

So basically u r saying that this rom is not really what jellybean was about which was actually internal security not just responsiveness which lots were led to believe.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So I recently installed this amazing ROM, but it doesn't seem like a2sd++ is working right. It doesn't seem to move dalvik to the SD card. I only have about 10 apps installed, and i have about 20MB of space left.
Here's my steps for my install

1. Wipe phone
2. Partition 8GB SD card to have 1 ext3 partition and 1 fat32 partition
3. Install ROM
4. Boot up
5. Power down
6. Install bobz's gapps
7. Install a2sd++
8. Boot up and install apps etc

Did I do anything wrong?

Check out post #202 in this thread. Also check 296, 297 for clarification.