[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@BobZhome, any idea when a new build will be coming along? Or you waiting for more bugs to be found?

I don't know any more than you, but judging from his CM9 Rom (which gets updated every time CM hits a new milestone and sometimes in between) I'd say he's probably waiting for CM to reach M1, which it in fact reached just the other day, so I'd bet we see a new build soon. But I could be wrong...

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm remodeling a room in my house, so my time on the PC has gone down...but I have gotten brightness, proximity sensor, and baseband info fixed and was hoping to get one more thing fixed...probably in a few day with what I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a question for Bob. Is your ROM compatible with superchargerV6 or is this a moot point and is already installed, or not able to work with JB?? Also can the same be said about turbocharger V3 ?? I only ask because if they are compatible and not already implemented I will test and give results if it works and if it makes a difference. Just not sure I wanna take the risk of doing it if its already done, or not even possible.
Try it and let us know how it works out for you

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
@ Bob. See what i ment in my second PM? it MIGHT work. i would need to get source and stuff and i really dont have the space on my laptop. maybe when i get my desktop back up this weekend.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
@ Bob. See what i ment in my second PM? it MIGHT work. i would need to get source and stuff and i really dont have the space on my laptop. maybe when i get my desktop back up this weekend.

I smell a rom brewing in the distance

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

While I know this is a V rom, I was (like others) really wanting to put this on my S, which should (in theory) work. However, I'm receiving an error, which may be my phone being punky or in the rom someplace. Either way, I'll post my log here. Hope to see a version I can flash!

Attachments

• recovery.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 8

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
wow remodeling a room? sounds nice, care to share what you've done on it, or even a pic?

screw the rom... lol j/k

- - - Updated - - -

Code:
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "LG-VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LG-VM670"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670" ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "LG-VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LG-VM670"
E:Error in /sdcard/Roms/BobZ/cm-10.0.0-RC0.VM670.BobZhome.08312012 (1).zip

looks to me like the updater script is looking for a different device, perhaps you need to edit it? i think there is a tool to convert it that you need to do first,

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

While I know this is a V rom, I was (like others) really wanting to put this on my S, which should (in theory) work. However, I'm receiving an error, which may be my phone being punky or in the rom someplace. Either way, I'll post my log here. Hope to see a version I can flash!

Some Recoveries enforce the asserts. From your log, it looks like you are using Drew's COT. You can still flash this ROM on a Optimus S you just have to remove the asserts. On your PC, open the ROM.zip with 7zip then navigate to META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Remove the only first line. (from assert to the first semicolon, including the semicolon.)

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
What works on GB may not work in ICS or JB. Code changes with ever update...that is why the dev's have to re-fix things.
GB version of the file you stated: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/blob/gingerbread/extendedcommands.c
line 360 is what needed to be changed...
JB version of the same file: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/blob/jellybean/extendedcommands.c
line 360 is no where to be found!

wow remodeling a room? sounds nice, care to share what you've done on it, or even a pic?
IMG_20120912_175222.jpg

The demo work is complete...my house is 100 years old, so I had to take down the plaster, lathe, and ripped up the floor also. The studs are 24" apart, so thats a 12' wall...the floor joists are only 2x6's with a 12' span and 24" on center it made the floor bounce and it dipped in the middle. There was no insulation and only one receptacle in the room...the pipes sticking up in the right hand corner are from a cast iron radiator.
This was way off topic, sorry, please PM me if you want any more info on my room.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed this, it's awesome, runs well. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to include a camera app? I downloaded the ZIP twice to make sure. Grabbed Camera ICS off the market, and it works (sort of.) Did a quick search in the thread and didn't see this mentioned yet.

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What works on GB may not work in ICS or JB. Code changes with ever update...that is why the dev's have to re-fix things.
GB version of the file you stated: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/blob/gingerbread/extendedcommands.c
line 360 is what needed to be changed...
JB version of the same file: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/blob/jellybean/extendedcommands.c
line 360 is no where to be found!

Its line 496 in JB :/

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed this, it's awesome, runs well. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to include a camera app? I downloaded the ZIP twice to make sure. Grabbed Camera ICS off the market, and it works (sort of.) Did a quick search in the thread and didn't see this mentioned yet.

In the OP, changelog for the 8/31 build, item 6 mentions the camera, but in the context of a kernel tweak that improves it. I'm pretty sure that I played around with the camera when I flashed it, in fact, I believe I remember panorama mode even working.

So that's really weird, but my first flash, with the correct gapps, was missing play store, so go figure.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

What happens when you press the camera hard button?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781