[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

aaronmfisher86

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get voice search actually working? I've tried deleting the apk from /system/app/ and re-installing it from the market but I just get the "Audio Error" message whenever I open voice search...

MrDynamo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I am amazed! I charged my phone to 100% around 7 A.M. It is now 3:30 P.M. and I have only lost 2%! I had data and sync enabled! But, I do believe the only reason it drained 2% is that there is a bug with data, and it will turn off when in deep sleep(I believe).

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am amazed! I charged my phone to 100% around 7 A.M. It is now 3:30 P.M. and I have only lost 2%! I had data and sync enabled! But, I do believe the only reason it drained 2% is that there is a bug with data, and it will turn off when in deep sleep(I believe).

Did you even look at it throughout that time?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Gingerbread isn't even that good for me, 2%? Sorry I just don't believe that :p not trying to be rude

Why would Ginger bread be better than JB? That's like saying "my windows 95 wouldn't even do that?" Not trying to be rude but it made me laugh when I read it.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why would Ginger bread be better than JB? That's like saying "my windows 95 wouldn't even do that?" Not trying to be rude but it made me laugh when I read it.

ICS and JB on my phone drain battery faster regardless of what your doing then what Gingerbread and Froyo do. I don't think its fair to compare computers to my statement because you don't port XP to work on a Windows 95 Computer. It either works or doesn't and it comes straight from Microsoft, this Rom isn't straight from Google so there for I find it unfair to compare the two. This shouldn't have been on our phone but people like BobZHome made it possible. I'm pretty sure its a known fact that CM10, CM9 drain battery faster then CM7 on the Optimus V, if anything I said is wrong anybody is free to correct me.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
ICS and JB on my phone drain battery faster regardless of what your doing then what Gingerbread and Froyo do. I don't think its fair to compare computers to my statement because you don't port XP to work on a Windows 95 Computer. It either works or doesn't and it comes straight from Microsoft, this Rom isn't straight from Google so there for I find it unfair to compare the two. This shouldn't have been on our phone but people like BobZHome made it possible. I'm pretty sure its a known fact that CM10, CM9 drain battery faster then CM7 on the Optimus V, if anything I said is wrong anybody is free to correct me.

I think it depends on what you do. And a lot has to do with signal strength. I notice considerable battery drain regardless of ROM if I pull in not only a weak signal but the dBm is consistently hovering over 80 and definitely over 95, pushing to what I think is a max of 106 in my area but in ICS and JB, it's more magnified.

Right now, my first full day on this ROM, I've been off my charger since 6:15 this morning, it is almost 4:30 (in Chicago) and I have 38% battery w/several app updates, listening to TuneIn Radio Pro, my Facebook notifications, pushing email from 6 accounts, texts and 3 long phone calls. Personally, I think that is impressive for ICS or JB...

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on what you do. And a lot has to do with signal strength. I notice considerable battery drain regardless of ROM if I pull in not only a weak signal but the dBm is consistently hovering over 80 and definitely over 95, pushing to what I think is a max of 106 in my area but in ICS and JB, it's more magnified.

Right now, my first full day on this ROM, I've been off my charger since 6:15 this morning, it is almost 4:30 (in Chicago) and I have 38% battery w/several app updates, listening to TuneIn Radio Pro, my Facebook notifications, pushing email from 6 accounts, texts and 3 long phone calls. Personally, I think that is impressive for ICS or JB...

Yes it is very impressive, I'm not calling anybody a lier all I'm saying is I'd have to see a 2% battery drain in 7 hours on Jelly Bean for myself to believe it. I couldn't even get that close on Froyo.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I might have had a problem with 3G going in and out when I flashed Amphetamines, but when I reverted back to a backup where it hadn't been flashed, I have had no problem except once during a phone call when it would get stuck on 1X voice and had to use the data switch on 3G Watchdog to toggle off and then back on.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to see it myself as well. If Google had it their way this would have been on our phones but as far as carriers and manufacturers go a software upgrade for us is a missed new phone sale for them.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is very impressive, I'm not calling anybody a lier all I'm saying is I'd have to see a 2% battery drain in 7 hours on Jelly Bean for myself to believe it. I couldn't even get that close on Froyo.

It was kind of close to what I once got one day on MiRage. I do notice on ICS and also on JB, the drain is even more so when using Spotify for even 20 minutes...has anyone noticed that using Spotify (either streaming from Radio or Premium)?

Deal Trees

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How come I can't install Emjoi keyboard? It says it's installed but doesn't work... I try to reboot and it says I need to reinstall it again. Help.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried all 4 I/O schedulers but phone still goes into an unwakeable sleep.
That's a new one...can you get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg after the phone reboots?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confirmed, we still have a data issue...it happened to me today

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's a new one...can you get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg after the phone reboots?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confirmed, we still have a data issue...it happened to me today

It'd be awesome if the data thing was fixed next update