[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I tried on ics and jb and both smoother than silk

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Proof that not every Optimus is created equally: I flashed ALL the tweaks for speed. Adrenaline Engine, Adrenaline Boost, Amphetamines, the EGL tweak, all of them. (Not the ones in the zip that seem geared for sound, lol) My Optimus S now runs even SLOWER than ever. Only thing fast are page transitions on the homescreen. :(

This is more annoying than when Amphetamines alone did nothing at all, no matter what ROM it was used with. It makes me wonder if between the summer heat and my phone heating up on the charger...if perhaps the CPU is fried...hmmm...

Sent from my Purple LG-LS670 running CM10...for now.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Bummer on the new commit...is there any workaround with the deep sleep issue? I know I read that users felt data was going in and out but in my week-long trial, that was not the problem for me. My problem was that when it went into deep sleep (which apparently only happens when I go to sleep at night) and then I'd lose SMS for hours after waking it back up...

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I hate to hear it bobzhome... You could always remove all of the ringtones. I had to do that with cna.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
so im still wondering are the fixes that the p500 has possible with our phones?or should i give up waiting?lol

I think that generally, yes, fixes for the P500 are applicable to the OV and OS. Just give Bobz some time, or if you can point him directly to the code for fixes, that would probably be helpful.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I think, at this point, we should get a bunch of armv6 devs to fork cm and head in our own direction. Add patches cm ignores, ignore stuff that doesn't affect us or hurts us, and pull most of the awesome cm stuff in. I'd try to do this myself, but I just don't have the skills.

If skilled devs did this, we might see 5.0.

Or, you know, we could just completely abandon armv6, like we are told to do by all the manufacturers and chip makers.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I think, at this point, we should get a bunch of armv6 devs to fork cm and head in our own direction. Add patches cm ignores, ignore stuff that doesn't affect us or hurts us, and pull most of the awesome cm stuff in. I'd try to do this myself, but I just don't have the skills.

If skilled devs did this, we might see 5.0.

Or, you know, we could just completely abandon armv6, like we are told to do by all the manufacturers and chip makers.

I think this would be the best way. Effectively doing what Blarf did for CM7.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue of sorts to report.

When I go to look at a logcat, it is so full of references to dalvik cache that it is difficult to read actual errors from apps, is there a reason for this and can they be left out?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue of sorts to report.

When I go to look at a logcat, it is so full of references to dalvik cache that it is difficult to read actual errors from apps, is there a reason for this and can they be left out?
I just check off match case and do a search for E/

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've said this before. I played with a Nexus 7 the other day, running stock, and although the Nexus was way faster, the animation and scrolling smoothness (on homescreen anyway) were only a little better than the OV. I was shocked at how smooth the OV is comparatively. Thank you Bob.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate to hear it bobzhome... You could always remove all of the ringtones. I had to do that with cna.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
I just checked the ringtones folder and there are 16 items, totalling 851.9 KB...no savings there.
I'm not sure what directions I'm going to go with this yet...JB is eating up all the space. It probably come down to that the Gapps will have to be trimmed some more...soon only the play store will be in installed.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as my use is concerned - I don't ever use the stock ringtones. They could be cut and I would install what I wanted myself. Same goes for everything but the default wallpaper. Apollo could be removed. Email could be removed. DSP Manager could be removed. Terminal Emulator could be removed. Then possibly push a lot to the SD card?

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the ringtones folder and there are 16 items, totalling 851.9 KB...no savings there.
I'm not sure what directions I'm going to go with this yet...JB is eating up all the space. It probably come down to that the Gapps will have to be trimmed some more...soon only the play store will be in installed.
well as long as we can install the missing gapps i would like that, heck as a matter of fact i wish thats all gapps was.