[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think, at this point, we should get a bunch of armv6 devs to fork cm and head in our own direction. Add patches cm ignores, ignore stuff that doesn't affect us or hurts us, and pull most of the awesome cm stuff in. I'd try to do this myself, but I just don't have the skills.

If skilled devs did this, we might see 5.0.

Or, you know, we could just completely abandon armv6, like we are told to do by all the manufacturers and chip makers.

Reminds me, I saw a dev on xda p500 section, that cut jb down to 50mb... hmm

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I decided to give this ROM a try. Voice search and other apps that use the microphone don't work; notification bar text is momentarily blurry as it is popping into place; other than that, it seems to work well. Haven't had any random reboots or lockups. (My phone was also very stable with Quattrimus CM9.) I had the Amphetamines thing and the egl patch on Quattrimus; haven't tried any of those things yet on JB.

Subjectively, I can't say that I notice much of a difference in the user interface between ICS and JB. I will probably revert back to ICS unless a fix for the mic is in the offing. Is the issue with it a particularly problematic one, or is it just something on the punchlist that bobzhome hasn't gotten to yet?

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the ringtones folder and there are 16 items, totalling 851.9 KB...no savings there.
I'm not sure what directions I'm going to go with this yet...JB is eating up all the space. It probably come down to that the Gapps will have to be trimmed some more...soon only the play store will be in installed.

Yes, why not just trim it down to the play store only ( is Google now part of gapps or jb?)

Leaving it to the user to install what they use/need/want doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So we could strip that out of the ROM and make it available separately then? I really never use the search bar on the home screen, and voice search doesn't work anyway right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Would have to be a side-loaded option if search.apk were to be stripped. Play Store lists the LG Optimus V as an incompatible device if you try to re-install from Play Store, even if the device reports it as having 4.1 installed (CM10).

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Delete: LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, SpareParts.apk

Superuser.apk: 1.44MB
SuperSu.apk: 906KB

Move to (ext) /data/app: Apollo.apk, DeskClock.apk, Email.apk, Gallery.apk, QuickSearchBox.apk (is also in gapps), SoundRecorder.apk, SpeechRecorder.apk, Trebuchet.apk, Term.apk, DownloadProvider.apk, DownloadProviderUI.apk.

That'll push /system/app from 40.2MB to 21.7MB

Delete all apps in gapps but playstore

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I like this rom very much! Looks,features, status bar, message pop up, SD etc script, and I can continue.... but I loose my 3g after it been in sleep mode more then 25 minutes. Has any one found a fix? Besides toggle airplane mode, or reboot:D Please share!! Thanks!
Bob Thanks for this awesome Rom!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just in case someone runs into this... My phone would not boot, it just stuck at the cyanogenmod logo boot screen, until I took out the sd card and tried again. I think it's because I created my sd card partitions on a Mac and it formatted them as boot partitions, hijacking my phone's boot process. Not sure, just a thought. If your phone won't boot, try taking the sd card out until it does, then put it back in.
This was my problem as well. If I had the card in on initial boot, it would never start up. After the initial boot, it was able to boot with the card in, but on any attempt to install a new app with the card in, it would reboot.

Turned out that my FAT32 extended partition was apparently screwing things up; the extended partition has to be EXT3. I gather that that's how A2SD++ always works, but n00bs might want to be aware :)

Deal Trees

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Netflix is not working either on this ROM, in case you either wanted to add it to the list or look into it... :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with Instagram on this ROM? Seem to have a problem uploading my own pics into it? I get a FC when I try to do it. No problem viewing my Instagram feed. Only when I try to add one to my own...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair