[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it didn't work. I tried it with the 8/31 build that had a working mic, but I just got force closes every time I hit the little microphone. If I hit the "google" I got the initial google now set up to the point where I could choose "Yes, I'm in." Then I got a force close. Old school voice search still works well, though.

Funny...I'm still running the 08/31 build on my Optimus S...haven't tried the native Voice Search, but S-Voice works pretty well. On the downside, the TTS engine I'm running so S-Voice can function seems to have the web browser and the Facebook app all screwed up.

Sent from my Purple LG-LS670 running CM10...for now.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
What sellers said +1000
Bob feels there are more important things to fix currently
Asking for fixes or when fixes is wrong so don't

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Just to add please don't ask for a fix or update bob knows what needs to be fix from all the post about the same problem! Please guys " this could be keeping this rom from not been updated. Don't ask!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

daddy4life09

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree a progress update would be nice to know what is being worked on..Im sure most have seen the progress with the p500 an seems we could easily have those fixes I could be wrong,but just would be nice to know if theres work still being done with so many roms being abandoned these days.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
okay re-wording your eta's as progress requests still makes it an eta, bob has been working hard on roms for a multitude of devices, in addition to remodeling a house, all without many users paying. So im sure if you wanna pay his salary he will give you an eta... lol

not only that but im quite sure some of it is waiting on cm to do their thing, idk if he can even fix half the problems we report.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
okay re-wording your eta's as progress requests still makes it an eta, bob has been working hard on roms for a multitude of devices, in addition to remodeling a house, all without many users paying. So im sure if you wanna pay his salary he will give you an eta... lol

not only that but im quite sure some of it is waiting on cm to do their thing, idk if he can even fix half the problems we report.

This ^. The biggest problem he's facing is the ROM is now way bigger because of the new whatever its called (can't remember) that was pulled in by Google and cyanogenmod.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

daddy4life09

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This ^. The biggest problem he's facing is the ROM is now way bigger because of the new whatever its called (can't remember) that was pulled in by Google and cyanogenmod.

I never asked for a eta..just would like to know if any progress has been made on any of the problems at all...if not I'm fine with that

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I never asked for a eta..just would like to know if any progress has been made on any of the problems at all...if not I'm fine with that

Yes, he's still working on it. If you really need to know if its still being worked on, go to github.com/BobZhome this is where all of his changes will be.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The biggest problem he's facing is the ROM is now way bigger because of the new whatever its called (can't remember) that was pulled in by Google and cyanogenmod.

He shouldn't have that much trouble now though. He mentioned the new commits made it about 10 MB larger, and I recently pointed out that he forgot to strip down trebuchet and it was still 11 MB, so the new increase shouldn't be a problem... since he was able to strip 10 MB off CM9 by decreasing trebuchet.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

You forgot to mention that I also have a wife and five kids...so that means there are six cell phones in my house :eek:

He shouldn't have that much trouble now though. He mentioned the new commits made it about 10 MB larger, and I recently pointed out that he forgot to strip down trebuchet and it was still 11 MB, so the new increase shouldn't be a problem... since he was able to strip 10 MB off CM9 by decreasing trebuchet.
Thanks to your info, I was able to trim Trebuchet by 10mb...but the ROM is still at 91mb. I've had to make a smaller version of Gapps to be able to flash it completely.

As far as an update: Camcorder is now working and mass storage is working in Linux ONLY. I'll probably release another build this weekend, with hopes of having mass storage for Windows and the data issue fixed...but no promises!

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Bob, you are awesome

I couldn't agree more.
As for trimming down the ROM, I know it goes against the purity of this ROM, but why not make Apex the default launcher. You might have to ask permission, but I have seen a few other ROM's that use it.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more.
As for trimming down the ROM, I know it goes against the purity of this ROM, but why not make Apex the default launcher. You might have to ask permission, but I have seen a few other ROM's that use it.

With as much as he trimmed off of trebuchet, apex would add more than trebuchet.