[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Might be nice to get an occasional nightly build or something since it seems there's been a number of new fixes but no build for a month

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The fixes are from other developers, Bob has to look it all over and add the parts we can use. Plus he has another rom and a family life.

glitchpanda

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware he has other things going on, and doesn't change anything I said.
Note the "might be nice"
I've been benefiting from bobz and others on this forum for so long, word can't express my gratitude. Really demonstrating why keeping devices open allows for the community to support and in this case even keep an old underpowered device relevant.

Last edited:

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The fixes are from other developers, Bob has to look it all over and add the parts we can use. Plus he has another rom and a family life.

Plus he has to deal with the big issue of rom size.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I once read about a way to remove the internal mem partition and give the phone a lot more internal mem. What if we all did that to our phones? Rom size wouldn't be an issue, right?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I once read about a way to remove the internal mem partition and give the phone a lot more internal mem. What if we all did that to our phones? Rom size wouldn't be an issue, right?

I believe that is for app storage and Dalvik? For the A2SD++ script Bob already uses for both 9.1 and 10?

The ROM's base files, modules, tweaks and libraries go into the system partition, which is only 178 mb, nothing more, nothing less...that's it.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I attempted to compile cm10 a while back. I couldn't do it. Its unbelievable how much work our devs do for us. This is not an easy task. At all. Let BobZhome do his thing, he never ceases to amaze. As mentioned, he has a busy life and supports a few different phones. Without the amazing optimus v devs, I wouldn't be able to compile a ROM. My thanks goes out to all of the devs everywhere, no matter how mean they are (none of our devs are mean, this is just in general). Give him some time. If you get withdraws, try building off of BobZhomes git. Its almost always build able.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

glitchpanda

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Course the hate train for just throwing something out there. I realize its unlikely but why not ask? No harm in that. No pressure.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Course the hate train for just throwing something out there. I realize its unlikely but why not ask? No harm in that. No pressure.

not a hate train for the most part, just explainations. Its no big deal, just remember not to ask in the future. Its, in a way, like asking for an eta ;)

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree, get back on topic. BobZhome has made some awesome Roms, this one is his finest, in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
3 days with no posts? I guess everyone's too busy! :p

I just wanted to report that for the last several days I have had no data disconnects. I did not do anything to my phone other than use it. I'm using the 9/15 version. Ever since I've been on this ROM the data has disconnected every so often (I assume after deep sleep), and toggling airplane mode/mobile data or reboot was required to restore it. But since Tuesday or so this week it has not disconnected once. Did anyone else experience this?

daddy4life09

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
3 days with no posts? I guess everyone's too busy! :p

I just wanted to report that for the last several days I have had no data disconnects. I did not do anything to my phone other than use it. I'm using the 9/15 version. Ever since I've been on this ROM the data has disconnected every so often (I assume after deep sleep), and toggling airplane mode/mobile data or reboot was required to restore it. But since Tuesday or so this week it has not disconnected once. Did anyone else experience this?

I wish this was the case cause I would still be running this rom,I can not go with out knowing for sure if I am getting my text/calls or not,I was hoping for a update this week but no news so far,I hope the developer is making progress

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there'll be an update eventually. Bobz is doing some home remodeling right now, plus he's got 5 kids, so I think he's just busy with life. I'm pretty anxious for an update myself, but we'll just have to wait. :)

This space intentionally left blank.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995