[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Are there any patches/updates that fix the USB Tethering and USB Mass Storage issues? Also, when it says that 'WiFi Tethering' doesn't work, is that referring to the 'Built-in' WiFi Tethering or is it saying that we can't even use a WiFi Tethering app from the market?

Thanks!

BJ

USB mass storage can be fixed by toggling adb on and off. At least I think that was this rom. Maybe that was on cm9. WiFi tether apps work for the most part. I can tether my pc, but not my tablet. I've had that problem on several roms, including the stock, but the native wifi tether on cm7 works fine. No fixes for usb tethering, as far as I know.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Upconvert,

Thank you for responding so fast!! Ok, a few more questions:

1. - As far as USB Mass Storage, toggling ADB on and off...what does that mean exactly? Turning 'Off' USB Debugging on/off?

2. - In the context of 'USB Tethering' what does that mean exactly?

3. - So the WiFi Tether Apps work for the most part? Is there a WiFi Tether App included with this ROM?

4. - As far as future updates being released for this ROM, will there be patches or do we have to do a full-wipe and flash?

5. - As far as the 'A2SD' script. When it's working correctly, are you able to go into 'Settings ==> Storage ==> Internal Storage' and have it show the capacity and space available on the EXT4 partition?

Thanks!

BJ

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Upconvert,

Thank you for responding so fast!! Ok, a few more questions:

1. - As far as USB Mass Storage, toggling ADB on and off...what does that mean exactly? Turning 'Off' USB Debugging on/off?

2. - In the context of 'USB Tethering' what does that mean exactly?

3. - So the WiFi Tether Apps work for the most part? Is there a WiFi Tether App included with this ROM?

4. - As far as future updates being released for this ROM, will there be patches or do we have to do a full-wipe and flash?

Thanks!

BJ

1. Yes, that's correct.
2. That's when you plug your phone into your pc and share the phone's internet connection with the pc via usb.
3. There is not one included, but BobZ has recomended one called "wifi tether for root users" in the past. I use Barnacle.
4. I don't know. BobZ said he is dealing with some stuff right now, so we are waiting patiently to hear from him again.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Aaah ok. As far as the 'A2SD' script. When it's working correctly, are you able to go into 'Settings ==> Storage ==> Internal Storage' and have it show the capacity and space available on the EXT4 partition?

Sneaky_1

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I can get USB storage to work by leaving USB debugging enabled all the time. Then turning on adb over network while the phone is connected and mass storage is activated. When done, I turn off adb over network and unplug. Adb over network is right under USB debugging in the dev settings.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Aaah ok. As far as the 'A2SD' script. When it's working correctly, are you able to go into 'Settings ==> Storage ==> Internal Storage' and have it show the capacity and space available on the EXT4 partition?

Those numbers won't be correct. Mathematically they don't add up. It will say that you have used 200mb out of 180 and have 170 left. Those aren't actual numbers, but you get the idea.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Upconvert, is there anyway to fix that so that the script will correctly report the values of the SD-EXT? This feature is available in many of the other '*2EXT' scripts.

Thx!

BJ

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That's way beyond me. I know one Rom i tried showed the right numbers, but i don't know which one. I've got a three or four flash per week habit.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I just flashed the recent 09/15 update (LS670 patch and all). Anybody else notice that the Settings "button" from the drop down notifications menu doesn't work anymore?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I do have other scripts that put every thing to the sdext (I uninstalled the other ones)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Really wish this would get updated, but I respect the fact that bob has a family to take care of.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Really wish this would get updated, but I respect the fact that bob has a family to take care of.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Wait's gonna be a hell of a lot longer, regardless of family issues. Dude's got Hurricane Sandy to deal with out east...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781