[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the 11/3 update still has Data issues? See it in OP. Only thing keeping me from CM10 cause I text all day, I actually really rely on my phone for texts and calls its how I'm able to make money lol
What would even cause the Data Issues? The notification blur didn't even bother me.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing the 11/3 update still has Data issues? See it in OP. Only thing keeping me from CM10 cause I text all day, I actually really rely on my phone for texts and calls its how I'm able to make money lol
What would even cause the Data Issues? The notification blur didn't even bother me.

Calls and SMS don't use data. MMS messaging does though. So if your just sending out SMS your fine.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Once the time lag, data random disconnects, and camcorder are fixed this should be a beta. AWESOME job with this ROM Bob

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Calls and SMS don't use data. MMS messaging does though. So if your just sending out SMS your fine.

They don't use data 0_o I'm not really following you....3G = Data right? So how can Data disconnect and I can still send SMS?? I rely more on receiving them then sending them by the way and I don't actually care about MMS (Have never really used it anyways) but I thought Data disconnecting meant the 3G lose, I thought you needed 3g for SMS and calling? On the previous versions I wouldn't receive texts til I rebooted and they were only SMS when I lost data and it doesn't seem data was fixed yet, please explain to me how Data disconnecting can still let me send and receive SMS?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
They don't use data 0_o I'm not really following you....3G = Data right? So how can Data disconnect and I can still send SMS?? I rely more on receiving them then sending them by the way and I don't actually care about MMS (Have never really used it anyways) but I thought Data disconnecting meant the 3G lose, I thought you needed 3g for SMS and calling? On the previous versions I wouldn't receive texts til I rebooted and they were only SMS when I lost data and it doesn't seem data was fixed yet, please explain to me how Data disconnecting can still let me send and receive SMS?

MMS requires 3G, because it would be the equivalent of sending an e-mail with a picture attached to it.

SMS uses the same bands as voice calling, which is why on Sprint and Verizon (except for the Motorola Droid Razr M series), you cannot send texts or surf the web at the same time you are calling someone unlike AT&T and T-Mobile and I can tell you that it was very frustrating when not only AT&T's 3G dropped but also text...it was annoying.

The reason why you were missing texts and phone calls is because Sprint was/is likely doing some hardcore Network Vision upgrades, which requires Sprint to shut down the towers they are doing it on, forcing other towers nearby to pick up the slack. I had that happen to me for about two weeks in an area where I work at, now it's fine. 500-800 kbps is way better than 80 kbps and dropped calls.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
MMS requires 3G, because it would be the equivalent of sending an e-mail with a picture attached to it.

SMS uses the same bands as voice calling, which is why on Sprint and Verizon (except for the Motorola Droid Razr M series), you cannot send texts or surf the web at the same time you are calling someone unlike AT&T and T-Mobile and I can tell you that it was very frustrating when not only AT&T's 3G dropped but also text...it was annoying.

The reason why you were missing texts and phone calls is because Sprint was/is likely doing some hardcore Network Vision upgrades, which requires Sprint to shut down the towers they are doing it on, forcing other towers nearby to pick up the slack. I had that happen to me for about two weeks in an area where I work at, now it's fine. 500-800 kbps is way better than 80 kbps and dropped calls.

Ok.. so I should be able to use this without losing or not being able to send SMS? Even if Data disconnects?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. so I should be able to use this without losing or not being able to send SMS? Even if Data disconnects?

Even if data were to disconnect, you are fine with voice and text unless Sprint is doing serious NV work in your area. I actually don't have too many data drops, maybe once a week. But then again, I went back to BobZ CM 9.1 a couple weeks back, ran it for a while, had a hankering for Jelly Bean and dirty flashed it on top of CM 9.1 (only wiped cache) and actually it's been working better (although I eventually had to scale back down to 768/480).

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the new update still have GNow.
Edit: Never mind it does not :(

Last edited:

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Even if data were to disconnect, you are fine with voice and text unless Sprint is doing serious NV work in your area. I actually don't have too many data drops, maybe once a week. But then again, I went back to BobZ CM 9.1 a couple weeks back, ran it for a while, had a hankering for Jelly Bean and dirty flashed it on top of CM 9.1 (only wiped cache) and actually it's been working better (although I eventually had to scale back down to 768/480).

Then CM10 it is ;)

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Bob, there's also a YouTube HQ fix thekraven has. I'm using his cm9 with it right now , it works great.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't get GNow to work with the new update. I've tried Rashed's GApps and Bobz new GApps. I've tried rebooting. I've dirty flashed both GApps. I've wiped and flashed both. Any ideas?

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't get any gapps to work? Am i missing something? Full wipe, flash rom, flash gapps. I get no setup wizard, no play store and no home button.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't get any gapps to work? Am i missing something? Full wipe, flash rom, flash gapps. I get no setup wizard, no play store and no home button.

You have an S...have you installed the patch for the S for this ROM?

And TheNarrator...use this for GNow. And make sure to use something like TB or Root Uninstaller and get rid of both the system Voice Search and Google Search APKs before installing this one, which will be treated like any other app you install from Play Store: gets on to your SD-EXT partition.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Does the new update still have GNow.
Edit: Never mind it does not :(

Forgot one more thing, you are best served by uninstalling the original Voice Search and Google Search apks via TB or Root Uninstaller before installing the fully functional (sans voice) version!

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
1. That's a 4.2 feature
2. Google has asked developers to pull the files whenever they're posted.

Sounds like standard legal mumbo-jumbo on no. 2...because if that were true, stuff like Cyangenomod, MIUI and Replicant would have nothing to develop with as they look on newer versions...