[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No it just give me a pixelated screen cuts out . When I go to video stuff it doesn't video at all it makes a mirror of everything which is cool as hell but other than that everything ElSE works

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to point out that there was an update to google now. I'm sure there will be an update on November 13 but I used the latest I could find and scrolling works. I know zakman pointed this out a couple weeks ago but the gapps he pointed to at XDA was dated 20121018 so i'm not sure if it's the same version. A key feature aside from working scrolling is that "google now" now appears on the lockscreen; you slide up to get to it.

Here is the link where I found the apk that I tried out; it says now version is 2.1.12.516912; if that means anything to anyone:
Download Google Now APK version 2.1.12.516912

This is what I did to install if you need it:
  1. go into recovery mode
  2. mount system
  3. adb shell into /system/app
  4. remove QuickSearchBox.apk
  5. reboot into normal operation
  6. download the apk and install

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the new 'Developer Options'. Yes, I made sure that it was checked. Still no ADB though, nor do I have lockscreen. Hmmmm.

BJ

Well with no lockscreen and no adb functionality I think you need to reflash.

I have adb access and the lockscreen but my phone still does random reboots so mine isn't perfect either. Until we have more testing/info it may take a bit to stomp out or work around the current set of bugs and misfeatures. Bob advises letting the phone "settle down" for a few minutes after it starts up. I don't do this, so that may be the source of my reboots. If that changes I'll post again with updated results.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we finally know the problem. Several of us are running this ROM on our LS-670 Sprint Optimus S, along with a patch that makes this ROM work on our Sprint version of the Optimus V.

For some reason, the /system partition on our phone is somewhat smaller than the Optimus V, so we run out of room during the flash which causes all sorts of issues.

BJ

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Use the root file manager, open it go to system and delete some apk, ect just enough to flash Jb-gapps!! :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

That won't work. You need to open the ROM up with winRAR or 7zip on a PC. Don't extract it, just open it. Then you need to delete some apps from the system/apps folder (things like email, Apollo, etc.), maybe switch out the LatinIME.apk for a smaller one. Someone else using an Optimus S did this a few pages back on this thread. Read what they did.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
That won't work. You need to open the ROM up with winRAR or 7zip on a PC. Don't extract it, just open it. Then you need to delete some apps from the system/apps folder (things like email, Apollo, etc.), maybe switch out the LatinIME.apk for a smaller one. Someone else using an Optimus S did this a few pages back on this thread. Read what they did.

Yes if you have a computer, and know a little bit of 7zip! :D
I just use root explore.apk and delete all the system/apps that I don't use, also some ringtones that I don't use! Then flash jb-gapps!! It works trust me!!:D

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Why would u want to delete browser?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

If you pretty much use one of the alternate browsers like Dolphin, Firefox Beta...the like. Personally I prefer Dolphin, it can even be moved into System as long as there's room and it works just fine. When I used to be on CM7, I moved Dolphin to System and deleted the stock browser.

Ahhh...those Link2SD days...

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
so i'm trying to figure out why wifi doesn't work - specifically infrastructure AP mode. This works in gingerbread builds and I am assuming here this is an issue with the wpa_supplicant? well that might not be the issue because when I take the wpa_supplicant from the Harmonia build that just doesn't work at all.

shouldnt this wifi issue be a firmware and/or kernel thing? and if so, if it works in a previous rom why would software i.e. jellybean os impact that?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
so i'm trying to figure out why wifi doesn't work - specifically infrastructure AP mode. This works in gingerbread builds and I am assuming here this is an issue with the wpa_supplicant? well that might not be the issue because when I take the wpa_supplicant from the Harmonia build that just doesn't work at all.

shouldnt this wifi issue be a firmware and/or kernel thing? and if so, if it works in a previous rom why would software i.e. jellybean os impact that?

i think it's not an issue with just BobZ, but CM 9 AND 10 in general. Prolly has something to do with the carriers around the world wanting to make it worth our while to tether without paying. Tethering via ad-hoc mode is inherently dangerous since the only security you get is if you even bother to set a password to it because by default, ad-hoc mode on any wireless connection has no such thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae