[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
brotherswing...seems to have improved for now. Will see how it is a few days from now.

Why did I have to press down Power for 30 seconds? Just curious. And clear data off the phone app?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
brotherswing...seems to have improved for now. Will see how it is a few days from now.

Why did I have to press down Power for 30 seconds? Just curious. And clear data off the phone app?

I believe it resets the phone. Not sure though.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Android Central Forums

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

A lot of times junk data is floating around in the memory. Rebooting helps, but if the junk is in the system areas instead of ram then the power button trick is needed. It forces the phone to clear out all of the memory, including anything still in the cache and system areas. The next step after that would be clearing the data for the whole phone.

Repensum Est Canicula

Deucalion29710

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am determined to get my mic to work with this rom, for I rely heavily on it sometimes. I found a maybe solution here Install Google Now With Fully Functional Voice Search From Jelly Bean On Any Android 4.0 ICS Device | Redmond Pie

The problem is that when I try to paste the new apk into the system app folder using root explorer it gives me a low storage error. I need to free up about 9 mb of rom space. Any suggestions? Also, how do I clear my cache? ES file explorer does not seem to work for clearing cache on this rom.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am determined to get my mic to work with this rom, for I rely heavily on it sometimes. I found a maybe solution here Install Google Now With Fully Functional Voice Search From Jelly Bean On Any Android 4.0 ICS Device | Redmond Pie

The problem is that when I try to paste the new apk into the system app folder using root explorer it gives me a low storage error. I need to free up about 9 mb of rom space. Any suggestions? Also, how do I clear my cache? ES file explorer does not seem to work for clearing cache on this rom.

I don't think that will fix the mic problem, as it doesn't work with any apps, but feel free to try. You need to delete things from the system partition. The obvious things include ringtones and wallpapers, but you are gonna have a hard time finding a significant amount of space there. I don't remember which keyboard Bob used, but there is one that is less than 2mb that you could try.

You can clear your cache in recovery.

Deucalion29710

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that will fix the mic problem, as it doesn't work with any apps, but feel free to try. You need to delete things from the system partition. The obvious things include ringtones and wallpapers, but you are gonna have a hard time finding a significant amount of space there. I don't remember which keyboard Bob used, but there is one that is less than 2mb that you could try.

You can clear your cache in recovery.

What I am noticing is that there is no voice search in the loaded apk within the system app folder although it reports as being installed in Google Play. This could be the issue?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it probably has something to do with a lib, or some other system file. I doubt it's an apk problem as it affects all apps (several apks). I have resigned myself to waiting patiently until Bob has time to work on the rom. He has said he should be getting to it next year.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Like in the notification window? You must decompile framework-Res.apk, edit eri.xml to your carrier name, recompile and put in /system/framework.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums