I sometimes see discussion of various scripts. For the layman such as myself... how do you install and run scripts?
    08-18-2012 12:59 AM
    youre probably talking about app2sd/etc scripts... some are in flashable zip form... some arent... if you find one you would like to try, use gedit/7zip and place the file in the roms system/etc/init.d folder (preflash)... be sure to remove any existing a2sd scripts if theyre present to avoid conflict... or use a root capable file manager to copy the file from your sdcard, navigate to system/etc/init.d, delete any pre existing a2sd scripts, paste file, reboot recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, format sd-ext, reboot rom... enjoy the space... :-)
    [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 08/06) - xda-developers
    ^^^--- +1 :-)
    (ymmv)
    Badboytoast likes this.
    08-18-2012 02:11 AM
    It depends on how you want to run them and for what purpose. Some scripts would go into the init folder on the phone to run at boot time.
    Others that you may want to run manually can be done through terminal from the phone or adb and connecting via your computer or through Android apps such as Script Manager or sl4a.

I use a combination of init folder, adb, terminal & sl4a or an app called Tasker depending on the situation. Whether I'm wanting something to run each startup, manually or on a set schedule. Kind of a blanket question.
    08-21-2012 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD