Is there any LG optimus v 4.0 roms that let you watch HD YouTube videos without being choppy?
    08-22-2012 01:25 AM
    No.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 01:29 AM
    No.

again... your Avatar matches that response all too well!!

Anywho, no, there is no way to fix HD streaming, or most Video streaming in ICS+ due to Qualcomm not developing the drivers, or releasing the drivers needed for hardware acceleration.
    ThatGuyLurkin likes this.
    08-22-2012 01:36 AM
    What a shame

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 01:43 AM
    Is there any way we could take the GB drivers and port them to ics or jb?
    08-22-2012 02:30 AM
    Like Windows 7 32bit and 64bit, no.

08-22-2012 03:04 AM
    Is there any way we could take the GB drivers and port them to ics or jb?
    Not unless someone creates the needed drivers from scratch.
    We would have a better chance of developing the ability to breathe in outer-space, and telekinetic abilities.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).
    08-22-2012 07:05 AM
    There actually is a way to do it. It may be possible to "wrap" the drivers to work in ICS. Hell, you can even use Windows drivers under Linux by doing this.

No, I have no idea how.

08-22-2012 07:37 AM
    There actually is a way to do it. It may be possible to "wrap" the drivers to work in ICS. Hell, you can even use Windows drivers under Linux by doing this.

No, I have no idea how.

A wrapper for the driver is unlikely to happen. Different developers have different skill sets. Those developing aftermarket firmware generally lack the kernel development skills needed to write a wrapper and those who have them lack the patience to figure out how to setup a development environment without guidance from those that do. A development environment consists of everything needed to get the source code, turn it into binaries and get it onto the device.

I am one of the people that can develop a wrapper, but the people developing aftermarket firmware cannot be bothered to help new developers solve build failures, which is necessary to get started. The degree of apathy with which my inquires were greeted suggested to me that they do not want additional developers involved. I have since brought an iPhone. That solved the problems that I had in trying to have a nice smartphone and freed me to focus on having a nice PC. That is an area where I feel that my efforts are appreciated by fellow developers.
    cole2kb likes this.
    08-22-2012 09:54 AM
    ,you could use tubegod/tubex and watch YouTube videos at the recommended/lowest quality and it won't stop
    08-22-2012 10:20 AM
    If u can help that would be nice :o

08-22-2012 02:40 PM
    I am one of the people that can develop a wrapper, but the people developing aftermarket firmware cannot be bothered to help new developers solve build failures, which is necessary to get started. The degree of apathy with which my inquires were greeted suggested to me that they do not want additional developers involved. I have since brought an iPhone. That solved the problems that I had in trying to have a nice smartphone and freed me to focus on having a nice PC. That is an area where I feel that my efforts are appreciated by fellow developers.
    I've yet to see any dev be too busy to help out new devs set up a build environment, or at least give tips/advice.
    Especially if you mention your skill set as a wrapper.
    If the devs here are more than willing to show me how to do something as simple as switching key's, to something as complicated as understanding github, I'm 100% sure if you asked, after providing what you have to offer, almost every dev would be on hands and knees, helping you out.

Its just getting their attention is the hard part.
    After reading you're 7 posts since you've become a member, I see that the issue is that you didn't put very much effort into this.
    Afterall, its not a race, its a Marathon, one that will take a while to start before you get anywhere. You just opt'd out shortly after "on your mark."

08-22-2012 03:00 PM
    I've yet to see any dev be too busy to help out new devs set up a build environment, or at least give tips/advice.
    Especially if you mention your skill set as a wrapper.
    If the devs here are more than willing to show me how to do something as simple as switching key's, to something as complicated as understanding github, I'm 100% sure if you asked, after providing what you have to offer, almost every dev would be on hands and knees, helping you out.

Its just getting their attention is the hard part.
    After reading you're 7 posts since you've become a member, I see that the issue is that you didn't put very much effort into this.
    Afterall, its not a race, its a Marathon, one that will take a while to start before you get anywhere. You just opt'd out shortly after "on your mark."

Two months ago, I asked tdm for documentation in his forum thread and he said it would come in the future. I am still waiting. I also sent a private message to thekraven telling him that I wanted to work on this and asking him to email my @gentoo.org account with information. He sent a reply via private message 5 days later and unfortunately, I don't visit these forums very often, so I did not see it until now. His response was a statement that he hoped someone would do what I was offering to try to do and a link to the following:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...ion-qdsp/13248

He no longer accepts private messages, so I do not have much of a way to try to ask a second time. If you can find an Android developer that wants a Linux kernel hacker write a wrapper, please tell them to email me at ryao AT gentoo.org with the following:

1. How to build the firmware from a repo checkout
    2. Where the kernel sources live in the repo checkout
    3. Where Qualcomm's blob lives in the repo checkout

Better yet, post it publically somewhere and email a link to the posting to me. That way anyone interested in making an attempt will be able to do it, myself included. You would be surprised at how much participation can occur if you provide documentation to clear the barriers preventing other open source developers from doing what they are good at doing.

I have already moved on to the iPhone, although I still have my LG Optimus V. The ability to hack on Android is appealing enough to me that I would at least look into it if I had the information that I needed.
    terthii likes this.
    08-22-2012 06:58 PM
    instructions to build are in the building your own rom thread. kernel sources are either at github.com/BobZhome or github.com/thunderc (or github.com/thebigq) qualcomm blobs are in vendor/qcom/display or hardware/qcom/display (something like that, havent been working on ICS much, so I havent seen it). if you decide to try, pm me and Ill try to help out. Id love to get this fixed.
    BuggerZ and terthii like this.
    08-22-2012 10:26 PM
    Yes it would be cool if you helped :thumbup:

08-23-2012 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD