First id like to apologize if i shouldn't have started a new thread for this, I did because even tho its a common issue (phones stuck in boot loop) ALL the info i have read credits this mainly due to people doing factory resets after rooting and installing ROMs/ Recoveries ect.. My Virgin Mobile Optimus V was fine last night when i set my alarm for the morning, only the alarms never went off, and when my girlfriend's phone alarm woke me, I saw that my phone was in a boot loop. This is an issue a haven't read or heard of, that's why I started this thread. If i missed something and this issue has been addressed ill move the thread. With all that being said, now some history, the phone has been rooted for 4 of the 6 months iv owned it. I flashed Xionia cwma recovery because i have the newer screen. I started with Bob Z homes CM7 Rom, and after a couple months I changed to Lisa's Harmonia 2.06 and have been running that Rom since. Im mechanically inclined, not computer savy, I have spent many hours researching this stuff cuz 8 months ago i didnt even know what Android was. So last night my phone was plugged into my laptop to charge, when i woke up I unplugged the phone and it turned off, its as if the battery has zero juice, even tho it was plugged in all night. The only way i can get anything is if its plugged in. Once i do it will just start looping, i'v tried holding vol down, home and power and then plugging in with the buttons down but it just ignores recovery and keeps looping. However if I use the same method i can get to Emergency mode, but that does me no good. I think? Iim trying KDZ now, my phone has all the symptoms of doing a factory reset, But i was sleeping!!! any ideas to how this is possible and how to fix it would be much appreciated.
    08-22-2012 01:56 PM
    You may have miss wrote but your forgetting the camera button for recover, you got a weird issue

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 02:21 PM
    I hope you haven't gotten too far into the unbrick method, I think you have a much simpler problem than that.

Test the USB port you were using on your laptop.

Try a wall charger.

Try booting into recovery and letting it charge.
    08-22-2012 03:36 PM
    I never charge via a computer usb because it takes forever and the battery gets hot. Do not stay in emergency mode and try to charge, your battery will die and the unbrick process will be almost impossible...

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 03:46 PM
    lol i forgot to spell check, but the camera button doesn't come into play until your in recovery mode, i know that you use the camera button to make selections when in recovery mode. The camera button isn't used in any combinations that i know of...
    08-22-2012 03:48 PM
    i have tried everything suggested by cole, once the phone gets power the lg logo flashes over and over...
    08-22-2012 03:51 PM
    i have tried everything suggested by cole, once the phone gets power the lg logo flashes over and over...
    My unbrick guide is your best bet.

08-22-2012 04:30 PM
    I wasn't trying to steer him away from your guide, it just sounded like a discharged battery more than anything.
    08-23-2012 01:04 AM
    I wasn't trying to steer him away from your guide, it just sounded like a discharged battery more than anything.
    Yes it does. I was thinking the same.

08-23-2012 06:48 AM
    How long did you try to charge via wall charger?

08-23-2012 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD