16GB Micro sdhc~~Help please

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Try the manufacturers website. They sometimes post utilities for returning sd cards to factory condition. Sandisk has one, i know for sure as i have used it before. They are free usually. If you are using a windows computer, you can use their disk formatting tools as well. It just sounds like it is formatted with a hidden partition right now, not faulty.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work...I'm pretty sure that SD is just faulty. -__- Still only letting me format 30.6 MB
Format or partition? If you're formatting, then the partition may only be 30MB big, in which case you will never be able to format anything larger than that (unless you resize the partition). I'd suggest backing up the data (if you have any), deleting the partition (and any others), making a new partition as big as the SD card (if that's what you want), then formatting (and it'll be ~16GB this time).

But, basically, formatting and partitioning are 2 different processes.

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Format or partition? If you're formatting, then the partition may only be 30MB big, in which case you will never be able to format anything larger than that (unless you resize the partition). I'd suggest backing up the data (if you have any), deleting the partition (and any others), making a new partition as big as the SD card (if that's what you want), then formatting (and it'll be ~16GB this time).

But, basically, formatting and partitioning are 2 different processes.

No, I bought the Sd card brandnew and when I put it in my computer to put music on it, it said I need to format it, so I tried and it said something about a lock and I've tried many tools, and all say I only have 30.6MB on the card. There's no hidden partitions or anything...It's new. Never used straight out of the package.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No, I bought the Sd card brandnew and when I put it in my computer to put music on it, it said I need to format it, so I tried and it said something about a lock and I've tried many tools, and all say I only have 30.6MB on the card. There's no hidden partitions or anything...It's new. Never used straight out of the package.

Where did you buy it? I've heard about sd-cards being sold on eBay that are not what they claim to be.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It says something about a lock? Are you using one of those adapters with the little sliding lock on the side?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

There is a little slide lock on the side of the card adapter. Make sure that isn't locked

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Where did you buy it? I've heard about sd-cards being sold on eBay that are not what they claim to be.

Actually something else you can try is put it on your computer. Right click on e drive or whatever letter the card comes up as. It should give you a format drive option. Try that

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried everything. I'm pretty sure it's the card. My phone won't load it. I've taped the lock on the adapter, didn't work. I purchased it from Walmart, so it should be legit. I called sandisk and they said they'd said me a replacement, but that'll take too long. I'm just not going to worry about it because I'm upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus when I get paid on the 7th anyways and that doesn't have expandable memory, so oh well. Thanks guys! :)

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with my 16gb SD card after i droped my phone! It only mounts as read only there for I can not take more pic from my camera , I tryed reformating from recovery but it does not format my SD card? Strange? Also I deleted everything on my SD card using my computer but when I put it back on my phone.....all the info on the sdcard is back????? Strange ? Can I still save my SD card???? Any help please!!!!!

Last edited:

carloswii5

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem with my 16gb SD card after i droped my phone! It only mounts as read only there for I can not take more pic from my camera , I tryed reformating from recovery but it does not format my SD card? Strange? Also I deleted everything on my SD card using my computer but when I put it back on my phone.....all the info on the sdcard is back????? Strange ? Can I still save my SD card???? Any help please!!!!!

It seems as if your micro SD card is locked

Sent from my Chocolate Chip ICS

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae