10-20-2012 05:07 AM
26 12
tools
    Will a 16GB micro sdhc work for my optimus v? It's saying it only has 32mb of storage and i can't format.
    08-23-2012 11:35 PM
    Will a 16GB micro sdhc work for my optimus v? It's saying it only has 32mb of storage and i can't format.
    Yes it will work. That's what I use. Try using something like EaseUS on your pc to format it first.
    08-24-2012 02:28 AM
    Yes it will work. That's what I use. Try using something like EaseUS on your pc to format it first.
    Which tool?
    08-25-2012 12:18 AM
    Which tool?
    EaseUS partition manager

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Zakman likes this.
    08-28-2012 11:53 PM
    EaseUS partition manager

That's a great tool. Used it for formatting Mac hd's along time ago

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-29-2012 12:02 AM
    It didn't work...I'm pretty sure that SD is just faulty. -__- Still only letting me format 30.6 MB
    08-29-2012 12:27 AM
    Try the manufacturers website. They sometimes post utilities for returning sd cards to factory condition. Sandisk has one, i know for sure as i have used it before. They are free usually. If you are using a windows computer, you can use their disk formatting tools as well. It just sounds like it is formatted with a hidden partition right now, not faulty.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    08-29-2012 12:59 AM
    I use this tool for all my flash drive/SD formatting needs: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Use the size adjust option to see if the card will format to it's full size.
    08-29-2012 09:56 PM
    It didn't work...I'm pretty sure that SD is just faulty. -__- Still only letting me format 30.6 MB
    Format or partition? If you're formatting, then the partition may only be 30MB big, in which case you will never be able to format anything larger than that (unless you resize the partition). I'd suggest backing up the data (if you have any), deleting the partition (and any others), making a new partition as big as the SD card (if that's what you want), then formatting (and it'll be ~16GB this time).

But, basically, formatting and partitioning are 2 different processes.
    08-30-2012 12:13 PM
    Format or partition? If you're formatting, then the partition may only be 30MB big, in which case you will never be able to format anything larger than that (unless you resize the partition). I'd suggest backing up the data (if you have any), deleting the partition (and any others), making a new partition as big as the SD card (if that's what you want), then formatting (and it'll be ~16GB this time).

But, basically, formatting and partitioning are 2 different processes.
    No, I bought the Sd card brandnew and when I put it in my computer to put music on it, it said I need to format it, so I tried and it said something about a lock and I've tried many tools, and all say I only have 30.6MB on the card. There's no hidden partitions or anything...It's new. Never used straight out of the package.
    08-30-2012 04:41 PM
    No, I bought the Sd card brandnew and when I put it in my computer to put music on it, it said I need to format it, so I tried and it said something about a lock and I've tried many tools, and all say I only have 30.6MB on the card. There's no hidden partitions or anything...It's new. Never used straight out of the package.
    Where did you buy it? I've heard about sd-cards being sold on eBay that are not what they claim to be.

08-30-2012 04:48 PM
    It says something about a lock? Are you using one of those adapters with the little sliding lock on the side?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-30-2012 05:04 PM
    There is a little slide lock on the side of the card adapter. Make sure that isn't locked

08-30-2012 06:04 PM
    Where did you buy it? I've heard about sd-cards being sold on eBay that are not what they claim to be.

Actually something else you can try is put it on your computer. Right click on e drive or whatever letter the card comes up as. It should give you a format drive option. Try that

08-30-2012 06:20 PM
    I tried everything. I'm pretty sure it's the card. My phone won't load it. I've taped the lock on the adapter, didn't work. I purchased it from Walmart, so it should be legit. I called sandisk and they said they'd said me a replacement, but that'll take too long. I'm just not going to worry about it because I'm upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus when I get paid on the 7th anyways and that doesn't have expandable memory, so oh well. Thanks guys!
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    08-30-2012 11:38 PM
    I have a problem with my 16gb SD card after i droped my phone! It only mounts as read only there for I can not take more pic from my camera , I tryed reformating from recovery but it does not format my SD card? Strange? Also I deleted everything on my SD card using my computer but when I put it back on my phone.....all the info on the sdcard is back????? Strange ? Can I still save my SD card???? Any help please!!!!!

10-13-2012 05:26 PM
    I have a problem with my 16gb SD card after i droped my phone! It only mounts as read only there for I can not take more pic from my camera , I tryed reformating from recovery but it does not format my SD card? Strange? Also I deleted everything on my SD card using my computer but when I put it back on my phone.....all the info on the sdcard is back????? Strange ? Can I still save my SD card???? Any help please!!!!!

It seems as if your micro SD card is locked

Sent from my Chocolate Chip ICS
    10-14-2012 09:31 AM
    Deleted

10-14-2012 10:17 AM
    It seems as if your micro SD card is locked

Sent from my Chocolate Chip ICS
    Is there a fix or should I buy a new one??

10-14-2012 10:20 AM
    try returning it!

10-14-2012 02:14 PM
    try returning it!

Lol I would but I've had it like 6 months and it just started acting up ! After my phone dropped! And the battery came out flying across the stone floor!! I might have to buy a new one....

10-14-2012 08:36 PM
    That's weird cause I have the same problem. I don't remember dropping it but it acts as if it's read only memory. I've tried formatting it with many different computers and devices. I have a 8 gig micro SD card and its like a year old. Is there any possibility it could be a virus?
    10-16-2012 01:59 AM
    That's weird cause I have the same problem. I don't remember dropping it but it acts as if it's read only memory. I've tried formatting it with many different computers and devices. I have a 8 gig micro SD card and its like a year old. Is there any possibility it could be a virus?
    Yes!!! My SD cards reads only too!! Which is really bad because I can't flash a ROM properly and I can't format it either...... does any one know of a program that I could use to fully format my SD card!

10-16-2012 02:06 PM
    Yes!!! My SD cards reads only too!! Which is really bad because I can't flash a ROM properly and I can't format it either...... does any one know of a program that I could use to fully format my SD card!

You should be able to partition and format your sd card using your recovery, as long as you have a custom recovery. If not, you can do it on your PC using this tool, or any of the others mentioned in this thread. I like this one, though. Lots of nice features.

Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    10-16-2012 02:14 PM
    Originally Posted by Badboytoast

You should be able to partition and format your sd card using your recovery, as long as you have a custom recovery. If not, you can do it on your PC using this tool, or any of the others mentioned in this thread. I like this one, though. Lots of nice features.

Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.
    Thanks for the quick response! I will give this a shot! Hopefully it will let me format my SD card! Because when I format my SD card via recovery vm670nh it won't format.. very strange....

10-16-2012 02:18 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD