[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Cyanomobile writes the permissions for the system/etc differently than cm7.

You will need to add these lines to your updater-script

set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");

That really doesn't help. Have no idea how to do this or what your talking about, man. Were you directing your answer specifically for me or for the thread in general?

In any case, I already installed the ROM by toggling the signature. Working fine now.

------------

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Geez, just found this, is anyone still using this rom? Would love to try this, still having problems with the other cyanmobile rom, all i did was delete gallery with root browser, reboot the phone and got stuck in a bootloop again, but this time i had a nandroid of it. When i went to restore backup i got MD5 mismatch. Cyanmobile seems really finicky about what you delete, I've always deleted gallery in exchange for Quikpic. Plus it doesn't seem to play nice with Titanium Backup.

I really love this cyanmobile rom, just keep having so many issues with that other one, would really love to try this, but it looks abandoned?

EDIT ..... MD5 sum please?

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You'll be fine, I download on 3g all the time. BTW, I'm still alive. Just not a whole lot of time, and my latest attempts at getting it to boot (~2months) have failed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You'll be fine, I download on 3g all the time. BTW, I'm still alive. Just not a whole lot of time, and my latest attempts at getting it to boot (~2months) have failed.

Thanks for response, it took me awhile to get duffeild1's cyanmobile to boot, but i finally did using CWMT 5.0.2.7 had to keep unmounting cache x3 wipes. The problem i had was getting stuck in a bootloop, when i finally got to make a nandroid, i went to restore and kept getting Md5 sum mismatch.

Definitely gonna give this a try this weekend.

Thanks

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for response, it took me awhile to get duffeild1's cyanmobile to boot, but i finally did using CWMT 5.0.2.7 had to keep unmounting cache x3 wipes. The problem i had was getting stuck in a bootloop, when i finally got to make a nandroid, i went to restore and kept getting Md5 sum mismatch.

Definitely gonna give this a try this weekend.

Thanks

Even though its out dated a little bit, its a fun, solid ROM to play with. Enjoy :). If I get enough interest I may try to get it booting again.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Found some time, new build coming soon. Check the new tiles ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/22/e8e7y2y4.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/22/6yqadude.jpg

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sweet rom sellers 86, booted first try last night, took about 12minutes. Just wanted to know if the jb tiles on the notification pull down were included with this build, i can't seem to find them, maybe I'm just not seeing the settings.

So far it's running pretty smooth, had a problem with Gmail and Titanium force closing, i uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail now that's working good, about to try with Titanium, although the other cyan rom didn't play well with it either.

Thanks for your work on this, just wish i would have found it like a year ago. ;-)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sweet rom sellers 86, booted first try last night, took about 12minutes. Just wanted to know if the jb tiles on the notification pull down were included with this build, i can't seem to find them, maybe I'm just not seeing the settings.

So far it's running pretty smooth, had a problem with Gmail and Titanium force closing, i uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail now that's working good, about to try with Titanium, although the other cyan rom didn't play well with it either.

Thanks for your work on this, just wish i would have found it like a year ago. ;-)

Its not a setting, it comes on by default. But if I remember correctly, I never released this build, it had WiFi problems, and data too I think.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Its not a setting, it comes on by default. But if I remember correctly, I never released this build, it had WiFi problems, and data too I think.

Wow, didn't expect such a quick reply, thanks. No it wasn't on by default, bummer, that's okay it's still a pretty cool rom! I might have to reflash, now the launcher is force closing.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, didn't expect such a quick reply, thanks. No it wasn't on by default, bummer, that's okay it's still a pretty cool rom! I might have to reflash, now the launcher is force closing.

I always used launcherpro, I didn't like the default launcher. Feels snappier too :)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I always used launcherpro, I didn't like the default launcher. Feels snappier too :)

Maybe i'll try that, i think i just got the phone to hot. I've been playin around with it all morning while plugged into charger, overclocked at 806max. and 480min. I noticed it got pretty hot while multitasking, although MiRaGe rom would do the same. I'm surprised it hasn't rebooted on it's own yet! This seems like a pretty smooth and solid rom that will probably get better once i have it all set. Hopefully this will be my daily driver for awhile, 3g is good (i don't have wifi) and this is my only phone, 3+ years old, original battery and SD card, this phone's a beast! :)

EDIT :.... After things force closing, i fixed permissions with terminal emulator, that seemed to do the trick. Rom has been smooth and stable all day, just thought i'd update, thanks.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeow, this rom is the shiznit, just installed earthnfire78's entropy-rngd-tool.zip and man this rom is super smooth&fast!!! Before entropy was 168 after install 4096 sweet!

Thanks again sellers 86 for your work on this, def my dd!

Fast as taz
taz.gif

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry badblue1: I forgot. If you download something with no md5 sum, just download twice and check the md5 of both downloads. If they match, there good. If not, download one more time and see if it matches one of the first two. If it does then the one's that match are good.

Posted via Android Central App

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry badblue1: I forgot. If you download something with no md5 sum, just download twice and check the md5 of both downloads. If they match, there good. If not, download one more time and see if it matches one of the first two. If it does then the one's that match are good.

Thanks Andy,actually for as long as i've been around i should have known that, but i will definitely remember next time. :)

Question. I made 2 backups of this rom, is there any way to check the Md5 sum of a backup? I tried with Scary Alien app, it said that i couldn't check it? Any ideas?

Happy Easter, i hope all is well. ;-)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Download ES File Explorer (it is now the best root file explorer out there).
Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/(name of backup folder)/nandroid.md5
Tap on it. Select Text option. Select ES Note Editor.
It will now display the md5 sum for the boot and the recovery images.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Download ES File Explorer (it is now the best root file explorer out there).
Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/(name of backup folder)/nandroid.md5
Tap on it. Select Text option. Select ES Note Editor.
It will now display the md5 sum for the boot and the recovery images.

Thanks andy, didn't have much time, but what i found from Google, there are a plethora of people that get a Md5 sum mismatch when trying to restore a backup that was made threw clockworkmod recovery!
From what i read there's a way to fix it using adb, i'll have to do a little more research on this cause last time i restored backup of CMX Rom i got a Md5 sum mismatch.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just delete everything in the nandroid.md5 but the boot and recovery md5sums.
I think its the extra stuff it might have put in there that's giving you the miss matched error.
You should only have this-
(Example):
1bc19c66d8fcd1fb6c6b6b1eac991831 boot.img
4aea169ac5cea18335adae4d917eec35 recovery.img

To delete, just select the edit option from the option menu in the far upper right corner and delete as you would normally.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
CyanMobileSS_20140421-060705pm.png
CyanMobileSS_20140421-060931pm.png

These are both backups of this rom andy, i see what you mean about all the other md5 sums, although my good backup of MiRaGe looks like that too.

I don't mean to doubt what you say, but are you sure that i can delete all the md5 sums except boot.zip and recovery.zip?
I just want to make sure that i have a backup left, just in case.

Thanks. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463