[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
All I have is the boot and recovery md5sums in both the Bean_Whiz and the Stock ROM nandroids (messed up and deleted the whole sd card so I have to start from scratch). I made these backups with the Touch screen ClockworkMod recovery. I used an ext.4 partition with the Bean_Whiz for Link2SD . Didn't use Link2SD with the Stock ROM, I just used AppManager Pro to move apps to the SD card (needed the Stock ROM for testing hardware, and getting AAA code etc).
If you have two backups of the same ROM, delete as mentioned from one of them and try to restore it.

Note: I noticed you had the partition formatted to ext.3 instead of ext.4. All Gingerbread, Jellybean, and KitKat ROMs work better with an ext.4 partition.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Glad its working alright for you :). Enjoy the ROM, its a fun one. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks, yea it really is a fun rom, just wish it had the jb tiles, but it's not a dealbreaker!

Everything works really well, surprisingly 3g works really well, i installed the 3g tweaks, had to uninstall them, cause 3g connects faster without them, weird.

EDIT : the FM radio doesn't work, i guess you need Bluetooth, but no big deal.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, yea it really is a fun rom, just wish it had the jb tiles, but it's not a dealbreaker!

Everything works really well, surprisingly 3g works really well, i installed the 3g tweaks, had to uninstall them, cause 3g connects faster without them, weird.

EDIT : the FM radio doesn't work, i guess you need Bluetooth, but no big deal.

The OV's hardware doesn't support FM radio. Well, it does, but it's not hooked up correctly. I may try getting a build with the jb tiles

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I still have interest in this rom as well. Good to see you still stop in here sellers86. My ov is just my backup phone now but it's still more fun than my new daily to play around with

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, let me get this straight, sellers86. You made this whole Cyanmobile experience thing before jduffield1's... or was that YOU all along?!? (My head hurts...) I'm running j's ROM ATM on my V. I don't currently use it as a daily driver (love my LG Optimus F3!), but I still have some interest in maintaining my 3-year-old V. In any case, I love this ROM and the JB like features on it. I don't have much time ATM, but if you put out a new release, I'd love to try it.

I pulled it out of storage a few months ago to try bigsupersquid's Kit Kat ROM. It was cool, but I shelved it because of overheating and clock timer issues.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, let me get this straight, sellers86. You made this whole Cyanmobile experience thing before jduffield1's... or was that YOU all along?!? (My head hurts...) I'm running j's ROM ATM on my V. I don't currently use it as a daily driver (love my LG Optimus F3!), but I still have some interest in maintaining my 3-year-old V. In any case, I love this ROM and the JB like features on it. I don't have much time ATM, but if you put out a new release, I'd love to try it.

I pulled it out of storage a few months ago to try bigsupersquid's Kit Kat ROM. It was cool, but I shelved it because of overheating and clock timer issues.

Yes, I came out with it long before him. And no, he is not me hahahaha. I'm short on time as well, but I can try releasing one more build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Just delete everything in the nandroid.md5 but the boot and recovery md5sums.
I think its the extra stuff it might have put in there that's giving you the miss matched error.
You should only have this-
(Example):
1bc19c66d8fcd1fb6c6b6b1eac991831 boot.img
4aea169ac5cea18335adae4d917eec35 recovery.img

To delete, just select the edit option from the option menu in the far upper right corner and delete as you would normally.
Posted via Android Central App

Well Andy, I'm so glad that i listened to you about deleting everything but boot and recovery.img's, i found out it does indeed work! Shortly after deleting all that other crap in nandroid Md5 file, i got the idea to delete the gallery with root browser and replace it with Quikpic ( as i've done with every rom that i have flashed), well for some reason, once again i got stuck in a bootloop and installed zengarden.zip reboot recovery and once again zengarden couldn't get me out of the bootloop. I don't understand, but that's what happened, but happy to say, i didn't get a Md5 sum mismatch and was able to restore my backup of this rom. So once again Andy, you saved my ****, Thank you!

I gotta remember not to uninstall gallery which is buggin me, cause i always have in the past with no ill effect.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You could try COT. It seems to work better at getting a ZV5 V out of a boot loop. Xionia works just fine for ZV4 V's.
3D Gallery is a pain in some ROMs. Always best just to leave installed and use Quick Pick instead.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You could try COT. It seems to work better at getting a ZV5 V out of a boot loop. Xionia works just fine for ZV4 V's.
3D Gallery is a pain in some ROMs. Always best just to leave installed and use Quick Pick instead.

I tried xonia last time i was stuck in a bootloop, no good. I'm just not going to delete anything else, this rom seems real picky about what you delete and also have to be real careful what you do in titanium backup. Just glad i have backups made. ;-)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Root Uninstaller for all apps that don't require me to save data. I only use Titanium for backing up just those apps I need to save data.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
CyanMobileSS_20140427-122745pm.pngCyanMobileSS_20140427-122441pm.png

Just wanted to show screenies, for now. I will setup homescreen better if this will be my daily or hopefully new build with jb tiles???

Oh, i took the clock from duffield's build, i liked it better, also added updated ADW Launcher (huge improvement over old one) .

EDIT ...forgot lockscreen
CyanMobileSS_20140427-010947pm.png

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
this is the updated version right ? the link says its from 2012

Nope, it's still the old build, but the dev said that he might come out with a new build if there is enough interest, hopefully with the jb tiles. :)

This old build is running great for me, its a fun rom! The dev is still showing interest, even tho he moved on to a new device,! Thank you sellers86!

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I really like this rom and would like to keep it as my daily driver, but, camera only allows you to take 1 picture, then errors out, camcorder doesn't work at all. Was at a grocery store that has free wifi but found out that doesn't work, so for now i'm back to MiRaGe, which is actually runnin slower than this rom :(

I keep my backup of this cause it really is a fun and stable rom, guess i'll be switching back and forth when i need camera or wifi.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I really like this rom and would like to keep it as my daily driver, but, camera only allows you to take 1 picture, then errors out, camcorder doesn't work at all. Was at a grocery store that has free wifi but found out that doesn't work, so for now i'm back to MiRaGe, which is actually runnin slower than this rom :(

I keep my backup of this cause it really is a fun and stable rom, guess i'll be switching back and forth when i need camera or wifi.
have you tried any market camera apps? or maybe move the camera libs and apk from mirage? Course, I just like to put stuff together that's not really meant to be just to see if it works.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
have you tried any market camera apps? or maybe move the camera libs and apk from mirage? Course, I just like to put stuff together that's not really meant to be just to see if it works.

Hmmm, didn't really think about it, but yeah, i've taken things from other roms before, couldn't hurt to try! :)

On another note, i've gone over my data limit of 2.5 gigs today but i gotta tell ya, my 3g was so slow before that i hardly notice a difference being throttled back.