[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, didn't really think about it, but yeah, i've taken things from other roms before, couldn't hurt to try! :)

On another note, i've gone over my data limit of 2.5 gigs today but i gotta tell ya, my 3g was so slow before that i hardly notice a difference being throttled back.
Camera working some implies it could work better, not completely dysfunctional.

As far as throttling, I've rarely (extremely rarely) gotten 3g speeds over the throttle threshold anyway. Though they say down to 1x speeds now... I still average, at best, 30-70 Kbps regardless of armv7 or armv6 device, throttled or not. one holiday evening I synced a GB repo at over 200-300Kbps thru 3g, and sometimes apt-get upgrade on my V did the same speed. But usually pfui.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Camera working some implies it could work better, not completely dysfunctional.

As far as throttling, I've rarely (extremely rarely) gotten 3g speeds over the throttle threshold anyway. Though they say down to 1x speeds now... I still average, at best, 30-70 Kbps regardless of armv7 or armv6 device, throttled or not. one holiday evening I synced a GB repo at over 200-300Kbps thru 3g, and sometimes apt-get upgrade on my V did the same speed. But usually pfui.

Pfui, i like that, bout sums it up. ;) I haven't done any speed tests in quite some time, i just knew it was slow! About a month ago VM sent me a text that they were working on towers in my area, i don't know how long it takes but i surely haven't seen any improvement at all.

I'm still gonna try taking the camera.apk from mirage rom just to try it, probably not today but will post back with results.

I would have posted back sooner, but i had to watch Dale Jr.win the NASCAR race at Pocono! :p

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd pull libcamera.so and liboemcamera.so and anything else similar, if they're in there too. They go together.
Those might not be exactly the right names, but they've got 'lib' and 'camera' and '.so' in them.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd pull libcamera.so and liboemcamera.so and anything else similar, if they're in there too. They go together.
Those might not be exactly the right names, but they've got 'lib' and 'camera' and '.so' in them.

Thanks, was already pokin around in there, there are 3 lib.so files for the camera.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Update ..... actually there were 4 lib files for the camera.

Turns out that i didn't even need the lib files, but while i was running MiRaGe, i copied the lib files and camera.apk and put them on the root of my sd card, then i restored my backup of CyanMobile X, copied and pasted the camera.apk into system/app, changed permission and rebooted. Now i was going to add the lib files, but i thought, what the heck, let me try and see if it works. Well, it did work and the camcorder works good too (didn't have a camcorder in this rom) :)

Thanks bigsupersquid for the idea! :cool:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
We will get you addicted to ROM development yet. The desire sneaks up on you real slow like, then Bam!

The desire has already bitten me, diggin thre all the files of a rom,just blows my mind,really interesting but way over my head:(
Maybe someday if i ever get a pc, but then i don't know anything about computers :(

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try and get a used/refurbished one if you can. I was looking at an old factory refurbished IMB/Lenova ThinkPad T400 with a dual core Centrino, 4GB of RAM and a 160 GB hard drive. Perfect for ROM development and it was only $240.00 on E-bay. Brand new they where $1,500.00. Dual Graphics cards that are switchable to save power/or heavy gaming. That would be a good choice indeed. A 40GB partition for the Windows 7 that it comes with and 120GB partition for Xubuntu would be the way to go.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my build box after scouring ebay for multicore high ram boxes.
'zareason' 6-core amd forget how many GHz per core 16MB ram dual monitor (one hdmi out) ... just over $300 shipped.
Came with 64bit ubuntu 12 installed (badly) and a CD (which I tried twice and ended up downloading 13.04 instead.)
Runs slicker than anything now. Less than $100 over that M$ contaminated lenova... :p
point is look for something ridiculous first. I spent a couple days refining my search until I was 'happy' with my purchase price. happy being relative as my inner Scot still squawked pretty hard about that.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys , but i've been without a vehicle since october and can't take it much longer! I gotta put some $$$ into my truck before i spend it on anything else. Guys i work with have been great riding me to and fro for work and thank God for my outlaws ,(whoops) i mean inlaws ridin the wife and i where we need to go, but man i need my wheels!!! But it's all i can do to just make it paycheck to paycheck :(
All the overtime i got this past winter just caught us up on bills, and don't even get me started on the money that goes to the grocery store, can't even remember the last time i had steak for dinner! Ok, ( rant over ) sorry for ramblin on.
1.) Fix truck
2.) Big juicy steak
3.) Used computer
;)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see all of this til just now, but I don't believe I ever had problems with camera. CyanMobile was always a weird ROM that would work on some phones and others not

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see all of this til just now, but I don't believe I ever had problems with camera. CyanMobile was always a weird ROM that would work on some phones and others not

Hey sellers86, glad you checked in on us! Just thought i'd let you know that i'm still runnin this rom as my daily driver, since i took the camera from MiRaGe, i've had no problems with this rom at all, very stable.Oh the only other problem is wifi errors out, but i don't have wifi so it does'nt matter,3g works well on here so i'm happy ;)
I'll probably keep this as my daily ,pretty content with it for now anyway.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey sellers86, glad you checked in on us! Just thought i'd let you know that i'm still runnin this rom as my daily driver, since i took the camera from MiRaGe, i've had no problems with this rom at all, very stable.Oh the only other problem is wifi errors out, but i don't have wifi so it does'nt matter,3g works well on here so i'm happy ;)
I'll probably keep this as my daily ,pretty content with it for now anyway.
Well I'm glad someone is still using it, I put a lot of work into it :)