08-30-2012 04:58 PM
29 12
tools
    There should be a grub boot menu with 2 Ubuntu options... One of them being recovery consol. Hmnm I wonder if it doesn't install that using wubi... Well at least you could uninstall it from windows and try again

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband
    BuggerZ likes this.
    08-30-2012 03:34 PM
    Installing it in Windows puts Ubuntu inside the Windows Boot Menu. As far as the recovery mode as an option in Windows Boot Menu - I don't know.

Edit: It looks like Wubi boots Ubuntu from the Windows Boot Menu, but Grub is actually inbetween the process, only the menu is hidden: Recovery Mode for Ubuntu installed by Wubi? - Ubuntu Forums

In such a case, all we need to do is unhide the menu to select the recovery option.

Edit 2:

Option 1:
    Try editing /etc/default/grub, and make sure these options are set to the following:
    Code:
    #GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
    GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
    GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
    Note: to access the Ubuntu file system, I believe Wubi now uses a disk image file, so it'd be C:\Wubi\file.img. You'll have to find a way to mount the image. Try the Virtual Clone Drive Windows application for that. I don't know if it will actually allow you to edit the contents though. :/

Option 2:
    I believe pressing Esc or Shift (you might have to hold them down), or even key (try all of these keys if you have to), while Ubuntu is going to boot will show the hidden Grub menu, and you might be able to avoid all the laborous steps above.

(I got these key combinations to unhide a hidden menu from this article)

Of course, if you want to avoid all this, you could uninstall and reinstall Wubi...
    08-30-2012 03:48 PM
    Yeah, I did that last night, the reinstallation and it still did that today,. Will try that out later/
    08-30-2012 04:40 PM
    Yeah, I did that last night, the reinstallation and it still did that today,. Will try that out later/
    Wait so now a fresh install isn't working? I thought you originally had it up and running but something went wrong after installing some packages?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband
    08-30-2012 04:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD