Trying to comile IHO for my phone... got this error: /bin/repo: Permission denied when typing in sudo curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > /bin/repo

Why do I get this error and how should I fix it? Total Linux noob, need it command by command :P
    08-29-2012 10:02 PM
    Try this: sudo curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    08-29-2012 10:24 PM
    New news.

Loading up Ubuntu from my boot menu when i pick my OS works...
    I select Ubuntu, hit enter and it loads up the purple screen, how ever, after that it oes to the what I assume is a splash screen- it's pinkish-purple and all pretty like.

Except that it doesnt go to desktop, it stays at that screen.

Not only that, but the screen is glitched. It goes all damned spastic and starts blinking in overlaps in ways that could cause seizures for some.
    What is going wrong, it does this everytime. Thank god Win 7 still works.

Wubi Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    08-29-2012 11:23 PM
    New news.

Loading up Ubuntu from my boot menu when i pick my OS works...
    I select Ubuntu, hit enter and it loads up the purple screen, how ever, after that it oes to the what I assume is a splash screen- it's pinkish-purple and all pretty like.

Except that it doesnt go to desktop, it stays at that screen.

Not only that, but the screen is glitched. It goes all damned spastic and starts blinking in overlaps in ways that could cause seizures for some.
    What is going wrong, it does this everytime. Thank god Win 7 still works.

Wubi Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    Hmm sounds kinda like a video driver issue.... Did you load proprietary drivers?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband
    08-30-2012 01:36 PM
    No.
    08-31-2012 08:44 PM
    Did you do any system updates?
    08-31-2012 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD