I upgraded to the Evo and I'm going to sell my Optimus V on ebay. How do I get it back to stock from my custom ROM and clear all my data? I have the first generation Optimus V. Here is what I did to get where I am:

Rooted with gingerbreak.
    Installed Bobzhome IHO recovery
    Booted into recovery and did a backup (I still have the backup available)
    Installed the Harmonia ROM
    09-02-2012 12:14 AM
    Easisest way:

1. Flash Bobz recovery: VM670NH_recovery.img

2. Go into recovery, and flash this zip: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...252Fupdate.zip
    It will return you to a stock unrooted rom.

3. Factory reset in the ROM. It is safe now, since VM's update zip removes root.
    curtis1973 likes this.
    09-02-2012 12:21 AM
    seeing as you already have bobz recovery installed,just download the zip listed above and install it via bobz recovery and you're set.
    09-02-2012 12:28 AM
    I'm trying to go back to stock as well - only I didn't use Bobzhome. Does it matter?

I don't know if I have a first or second generation Optimus V (or if it matters). Based on the files on my SD I think this is the path I took:

Rooted with GingerBreak-v1.20
    Installed VM670NH_recovery.img
    There's a backup in the CWM folder on my SD card so I guess I did a backup.
    Installed BACKside-IHO-VM670-01312012.zip and gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

I flashed my phone about 7 months ago so I don't recall exactly what I did. I plan to sell it so I'd like to get it back to stock.
    09-03-2012 08:32 PM
    VM670NH is the BobZ recovery, so if you used that, you're good to go.

It does matter what recovery you use to flash the Virgin update, since a few recoveries have been known to brick phones flashing this. If you're not sure what recovery you have, just be safe and use one(like BobZ) that's known to work.
    09-03-2012 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD