The other jb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
That ROM thread is staying closed due to violations of the forum's Developer Rules. That's what I saw.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
dev 1 made a rom, dev 2 made a rom from dev 1's (with permission) dev 3 wanted to use dev 1's rom as well. but dev 1 said no,

so dev 3 went to dev 2 and got permission to use his version of dev 1's
(i dont think it went over well)

The moral of the story is don't pee in the kool-aid and it wont taste funny. :confused:

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I would think that's a big no no
When dad says no, don't ask mom!
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It was because of bobz kernel, I thought he told me a while back I could use his cm9 to port so I ported the kernel to cm10. He didn't like that so the thread got shut down. Sorry guys.

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It was because of bobz kernel, I thought he told me a while back I could use his cm9 to port so I ported the kernel to cm10. He didn't like that so the thread got shut down. Sorry guys.

That's unfortunate the ROM was turning out great. So I'm assuming that's it for this ROM then? No way to get it back up?

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
im kinda glad because it reduced fragmentation, we have alot of talented minds here. If we could
figure out a way to intergrate our work better i think it would be amazing what we could come up
with. I would suggest people intermingle on google hangouts and plan out a lil bit ahead with
each other and develop roms that have the robust feel of a team built system. There is already
alot of intergration and cross development, but i believe it can be better.

everyone wants the same goal.

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
im kinda glad because it reduced fragmentation, we have alot of talented minds here. If we could
figure out a way to intergrate our work better i think it would be amazing what we could come up
with. I would suggest people intermingle on google hangouts and plan out a lil bit ahead with
each other and develop roms that have the robust feel of a team built system. There is already
alot of intergration and cross development, but i believe it can be better.

everyone wants the same goal.

Amen man!!!

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
That all sucks zackmans worked for me as well as any ics Rom but I can't get Bob's to work for nothin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... android is open source... but that does not protect taking someone's binary and publish it if there's no difference. You can't just take someone's already compiled ROM and release it without permission. There is a big difference between a compiled binary and uncompiled source code. The moderation did the right thing, this thing is over so let sleeping dogs lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20