[ROM] [PORT] SIII for the Optimus V CM7.2 | UPDATE 09-19-12 FULLY THEMED

1saint20

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [PORT] SIII for the Optimus V CM7.2

When flashed the rom the boot animation and homescreen was awsome but the dialer , contacts ,and setttings is still gb stock. Anyway to fix this?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No, this rom has Theme Manager deleted because it replicates the S lll. So you will need to install the theme manager.

Go to OM Mandylion thread and get the Theme Chooser zip from his links. He made a flashable zip.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry guys for the Theme Issues. I'll include theme manager in the next update and I'll incorporate the theme. This was the initial release, so of course there's bugs, considering it's also my first post.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ither use Widget Locker, Go Locker, MIlocker, Different Rom, Or an HTC phone :p
3atarumy.jpg

For theme issues, Re-apply the Touchwiz theme by installing Theme Chooser from a CM7 rom.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the excellent ROM PORT. Install without a glitch. It runs smoothly and I like it. One thing I cannot make it to work, wifi hotspot, it stucked at authentication.. or Obtaining ip addresses.... Will continue to try...

bun

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the excellent ROM PORT. Install without a glitch. It runs smoothly and I like it. One thing I cannot make it to work, wifi hotspot, it stucked at authentication.. or Obtaining ip addresses.... Will continue to try...

bun
Whaaatt? No. Please tell me you're kidding. Can anyone confirm this?

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to say, I am not kidding, hotspot wont work, just tried for another hour, with 3rd party app, same same, stuck at authenication/Obtaining ip addresses.... any suggestions where to look? And in about phone, it showed as 4.0.4, nice trick. Who care? This is the best ROM i have tried so far, stable, smooth, flashy and

bun

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Field trip. Took my brand new shiny OV with SIII ROM for field trip. OMG, GPS lock is... fast is a understatement, it is instant. I used to wait for 3 - 5 min for it to log, sitting in a parking lot and wait, this time, I got in the car, started the car, and turned on the OV, it logged instantly. Thank you ilikechicken123!

bun

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Field trip. Took my brand new shiny OV with SIII ROM for field trip. OMG, GPS lock is... fast is a understatement, it is instant. I used to wait for 3 - 5 min for it to log, sitting in a parking lot and wait, this time, I got in the car, started the car, and turned on the OV, it logged instantly. Thank you ilikechicken123!

bun

You just sold me on this! Downloading now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey, that was not a one time incident. I went home from work, and the GPS logged right after I set destination. Good job.

bun

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I'll try to update this tomorrow, I'll be porting it from scratch, Roaming Indicator will be 'turned on', Hopefully it'll be fully themed, I'll see if that fixes portable wifi (Which is working for me, bad download?), and possibly a few tweaks added. We'll see what happens.

EDIT: tethering ISNT working.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Maybe include Theme Chooser into Data/App and see if reapplying changes it. :)

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Update is uploading. Everything works. EXCEPT wifi tethering. I confirm it. I suggest using barnacle wifi tether. I'm not positive it'll work but if you disable the WEP check thing, it might be possibly working.