Reflash CM7 to get theme chooser back?

wickedninja667

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
=TL;DR: Guy new-ish to rooting and ROMs wants to reflash the same ROM to restore Theme Chooser. Wondering if it's remotely safe.=

Hey guys...

I found some badass themes for my phone. Upon installation and trying to apply said themes, I realized just what my next project would be.
And that would be getting that damn theme chooser back.

(I accidentally uninstalled the T-Mobile Theme Chooser app that came with my IHO BACKside ROM with CM7.)

This was a month ago. Currently, I'm STILL trying to find the ing .apk online, with no results.

I've given up on scavenging numerous websites, and I had an idea- If I were to simply re-flash the same ROM that I'm currently using, wouldn't that just restore all the system stuff to ROM-default, leaving all my data alone?

Could I boot into CWM-based recovery and reflash the ROM and remember to convert Theme Chooser to a system app in Root App Delete so I don't make the same mistake twice? I do have Titanium Backup. But I also have 130+ apps installed, and don't wanna sit around bored if I don't have to. If backing all my data up and making Ti. backups and Nandroid backups is the only way I can still have my stuff while reflashing the ROM is the ONLY way, I guess I have no choice. Just looking for some input, I know a lot of you are better at this than me.

Any sort of feedback is appreciated!
Thanks. :-!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Look in the om mandylion thread he has it in a flashable zip. You might want to try out his rom too ;)

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Baseband on Mandylion IHO ROM

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You have 2 options. Redownload any IHO ROM and pull the theme Chooser and all necessary files out of it and put them into your phone using a root explorer.

Or, wipe cache+dalvik and reflash.

OR do a complete wipe and upgrade to ICS :D

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
You have 2 options. Redownload any IHO ROM and pull the theme Chooser and all necessary files out of it and put them into your phone using a root explorer.

Or, wipe cache+dalvik and reflash.

OR do a complete wipe and upgrade to ICS :D

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

That's 3 options. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

wickedninja667

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Kcls, you rock. I didn't think about pulling it out of the ROM zip itself! Now I feel ed. Anyway, thank you!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63