So long guys. My old man traded in his OV for the EVO V. He needed something business-class, and with a boss who thinks he's "Da Man", it has to be a heafty machine. His OV did the job for a whole year thanks to the great support of everyone on this forum! I send everybody I know, who has a new phone, right to this forum to start their education in androids.
    I helped him choose the Evo V because of the support I see on Android Central. Thanks again for everything!
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    09-15-2012 07:25 AM
    Cya around Crickie~

You'll be back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 07:53 AM
    Your right! His Evo needs rooting ASAP. They loaded so much stuff he won't ever use. I recommended using it for a month while I get familiar on the surgical procedure needed to root this amazing phone. It really is Da Monsta! See ya'll on the Evo V forums!
    09-15-2012 09:57 AM
    Ima move on to the HTC One V, so ill be around there most likely :P

sellers86, crickie and topdawg661 like this.
    09-15-2012 10:29 AM
    I got a quick question, a lil off topic but does the HTC evo 4g get better signal then our OV??

sent from my VM-670 on CyanMobile
    09-16-2012 02:27 AM
    YES it does!! We already had it traveling from home in Winchester, VA. to Chattanooga, TN & back. In some remote places it gets limited reception because the state of TN doesn't have many towers in that area. (the area north of the RT. 81 & RT. 40 interchange). But this bad boy got txt & Google Maps, etc.without breaking a sweat! On the OV he had to manually rebooted in spots as it struggled to grab towers, but not this baby. No manual rebooting anymore! Even with no bars showing, it was able to send txt, just no calls. The 4G option is wasted in most spots though, as upgrades to the network are needed to be effective. GPS lock is VERY FAST & ACCURATE!! 2 seconds tops! Sweet! The front-facing camera is good & clear. Nice for video chat. I'm going to rework his OV to give his mom. She has an old flip phone and will LOVE it! She'll be 80 this year! Seniors deserve some android love too!
    Badboytoast and ThatGuyLurkin like this.
    09-17-2012 07:15 AM
    YES it does!! We already had it traveling from home in Winchester, VA. to Chattanooga, TN & back. In some remote places it gets limited reception because the state of TN doesn't have many towers in that area. (the area north of the RT. 81 & RT. 40 interchange). But this bad boy got txt & Google Maps, etc.without breaking a sweat! On the OV he had to manually rebooted in spots as it struggled to grab towers, but not this baby. No manual rebooting anymore! Even with no bars showing, it was able to send txt, just no calls. The 4G option is wasted in most spots though, as upgrades to the network are needed to be effective. GPS lock is VERY FAST & ACCURATE!! 2 seconds tops! Sweet! The front-facing camera is good & clear. Nice for video chat. I'm going to rework his OV to give his mom. She has an old flip phone and will LOVE it! She'll be 80 this year! Seniors deserve some android love too!
    Thank you! time to start saving money!!! I will be switch over to the HTC EVO I just don't know when?.

09-17-2012 07:35 AM