Random Reboots With CM9

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Im sure I am doing something wrong. With so many people using CM9 there has to be something I missed. With both the Godzilla rom and CM9.1.0 BobZ I have been experiencing horrible performance. My overclock is at 480 and 768 on InteractiveX. I cant even use Titanium because my phone will just freeze and reboot. I have the new screen with ZV5 baseband. I am using wifi. Also, when I am in the Playstore quite often it will just force close. I really want to be on ICS or JB, but I thought I should try ICS first.

Does anybody have any suggstions for me? Does JB work better than ICS?

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Well jb is still wip so there is gonna be bugs. TDM's and BoBz cm9 roms are very stable remember not all phones are alike so your phone might not be able to take the abuse that another one can I'm on aokp @600/480 no rr but if I go higher it'll be OK for a lil bit then rr . After cm9 boots change to 480 set on boot the try messing with CPU go up a notch then turn on the cam and if it fc then that's to high and go one below

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Its usually the over-clock, it has something to do with the MMU in the kernel. If your looking for a stable ROM go for CM7.2, I wouldn't recommend using ICS if you want stability.

If you wish to get away from Gingerbread, go with Jellybean it is a WIP, but it is a LOT more stable then ICS.

Also, use Interactive, and not InteractiveX. Interactive is googles own CPU governor, so in the end it will work with the Kernel/ROM better.

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
So far it has been working pretty good on 480/600, but i have only installed a couple apps and texted a bit. I will look at Jelly Bean tomorrow, could it be usable as a daily?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I think it can, it is missing some features, and there are HUGE bugs. But if you use your phone ...well as a phone then its good for a daily :p

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue as OP on my Optimus S....I'm running VM670ZV5 firmware because of the new screen and the buttons (I hate the switch). I think the newer phones just have a lot of problems in general.

Sent from my Optimus S running VM670ZV5 on MetroPCS.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
is there ever gonna be a fix? do we just need drivers for our newer screens? i mean just cause the devs have old screens it seems like it isnt a priority. heck my thread formally asked and got 1 comment agreeing and the topic died.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they need newer base bands. This seems to be a problem with any phone with new screens. It even happens on my optimus m which also has the new screen.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried to logcat a phone until it rebooted/froze???

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
well there are other basebands and i would flash one if i knew it would fix it or have a really good chance to..

I'm no expert, but I haven't seen anything convincing that makes me think baseband is involved with rr's. Wouldn't that just affect radio? Someone on CM10 said that they got increased stability by changing the I/O scheduler.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
well there are other basebands and i would flash one if i knew it would fix it or have a really good chance to..

ZV4 will not work because of new screen. Let me try optimus S ZVD when I can and see if that fixes anything at all...

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert, but I haven't seen anything convincing that makes me think baseband is involved with rr's. Wouldn't that just affect radio? Someone on CM10 said that they got increased stability by changing the I/O scheduler.

i tried using deadline and even wayy underclocking, ive flashed jb and ics close to 50 times apiece. (not exaggerating)........ on gb i can oc to 825. i have tried running the rom as it sits on the rack in my freezer to stay cool and it STILL reboots.

all i know is older phones use the novatek screen, and new ones use hitachi i think. but seeing as this problem is consistent and not just random it seems like we should know what causes it, even if it cant be fixed. or that at least the info should be stickied on ics and jb roms that they are not compatible with newer optimus v's.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i tried using deadline and even wayy underclocking, ive flashed jb and ics close to 50 times apiece. (not exaggerating)........ on gb i can oc to 825. i have tried running the rom as it sits on the rack in my freezer to stay cool and it STILL reboots.

all i know is older phones use the novatek screen, and new ones use hitachi i think. but seeing as this problem is consistent and not just random it seems like we should know what causes it, even if it cant be fixed. or that at least the info should be stickied on ics and jb roms that they are not compatible with newer optimus v's.

It's been way too long since I took the a Linux system admin course, but I think you can use the grep command to ascertain hardware information. Maybe we can go through every component that it's possible to get information on, and see if there are any other differences between first and second generation OVs?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463