excessive screwing around = no data/phone/MMS

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so, I wanted to get Jellybean on my Optimus V. I tried Bobzhome, but it never got past the boot animation, so I figured I'd try the port of Drew Walton's.

I started with ZV9. I went to ZVJ by following the instructions here, here and here. It seemed to be progressing fine. On the stock Sprint ROM that resulted, the phone info screens confirmed that I had ZVJ. I was able to make phone calls and send/receive MMS. I didn't have data, but I figured that was because I wasn't showing as a Sprint customer.

So, I then installed Jellybean. Most things seem to work, but I don't have data, phone or MMS. (It does, somewhat oddly, inform me that I have voicemail.) My model number shows as LG-VM670, CyanogenMod version 10-201207-15-UNOFFICIAL-vm670. The baseband version is "unknown", and basically everything on the status screen (network, mobile network type, service state, my phone number, MIN, PRL, Bluetooth address, serial number) is unknown, out of service, disconnected, etc. Roaming is "not roaming."

When I look at the phone with LGNPST, I can see that stuff like the baseband, phone number and PRL are in fact on the phone. But it doesn't seem to be "getting through", so to speak.

I don't think I'm that screwed in the grand scheme of things ;) but I do of course need data, phone and MMS, so, please help!!! Thanks!!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Removed

Go back to ZV5, reroot, then we?ll go from there. Otherwise itll be confusing :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure, those instructions say "DO NOT USE THIS TO RETURN TO ZV5 IF YOU ARE RUNNING ZVD/ZVJ FIRMWARE"... is it ok for me to go ahead with them?

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'll hold on ;)

As I review everything, I think I see something I did wrong. Looking over the "Fix V data for ZVD/ZVJ" link, it says to uncheck the box next to "MN HA SPI set" and "MN AAA SPI set". I must have just been looking at the pictures, and didn't do that :eek:

It doesn't seem like my attempts to re-do that part of the procedure are taking...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ignore the part about qpst and restoring the qcn file... Unless you have one handy.

this is what i do after writeing the .nvs file to zvd to get data back

To Restore Data on LS670 Firmware:

1: Install anycut.apk
2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined
5: Hit back and the phone will reboot
6: Open Qpst service programing and hit Load from file
7: Select the .qcn file you saved durring prep
8: Select write to phone and enter your spc
9: The phone will reboot
10: Open LGNPST and Select "Phone Setting" Enter your Spc hit ok then Read
11: Close lgnpst and open DFS and enter your Spc and click SPC
12: Click the Programing Tab then the Mobile IP TAB and click Read
13: On the first Profile Uncheck the boxes next to Enter value in HEX for both AAA Shared Secret and HA Shared Secret
14: Clear anything there and click write current profile settings
15: go to profile 3 and Uncheck the Enter Value in HEX box for AAA Shared Secret and Copy the value
16: Go To profile 2 and Paste that value into AAA Shared Secret box and Enter Vmug33k for HA shared Secret
17: Hit Write current profile settings and switch to the data tab next to mobile ip and hit read
18: under HDR AN and HDR AN Long you'll see YOURMEID@mdata.vmobl.com with PWD boxes under them
19: Paste your AAA Key that you copied earlier into both pwd boxes and hit write

Reboot Phone and you will have Data

Note: #18 is what i think your missing

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
By the way if you do get things going and stay with it I'm pretty sure I'm the only other one currently running it lol

Edit: also when did you lose calling ability? If your on zvj running a zvj rom then you should have calling as soon as the nvs file was flashed

Edit2: also make sure you don't loose the nvs file... without it you'd have a hard time restoring phone/sms and restoreing data impossible

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have calling ability on the stock Sprint ROM, but I don't when I try go to Optimus V Jellybean.

Should the checkboxes for "AAA Shared Secret" and "HA Shared Secret" on profile 2 be checked off?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have calling ability on the stock Sprint ROM, but I don't when I try go to Optimus V Jellybean.

Should the checkboxes for "AAA Shared Secret" and "HA Shared Secret" on profile 2 be checked off?

Ahh ok there's your problem. All optimus V roms are zvd based and by flashing them while on zvj your creating radio mismatch. Flash an OS ZVJ rom and you should get calling/text back and we can try to figure out what's wrong with data. I'd recommend giving hydro rom a spin. If you want to flash v roms you'll have to use nitestlkers zvd-zvj patch.

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm now on a stock Sprint ROM (Android version 2.3.3, baseband version LS670MVJ_6150, kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf lg-electronics@si-rd10-BLD165 #2, build number ZVJ.47B56B46, SW version LS670ZVJ), so I have calling and text but not data.

My understanding was that the "JellyBean Super Fix-OptV-08162012" file that went with the CM10 port would solve the problem of it not being originally designed for Optimus V. It says it includes a "ZVD radio fix." I guess I don't know what exactly that means.

You're right that I didn't go into the "data" section of DFS; I don't think that was in the instructions I followed (again, links in my first post). Right now, my NAI on profile 1 is blank; on profile 2, it's whatever@mdata.vmobl.com; and on profile 3, it's whatever@prov.vmobl.com. AAA Shared Secret & HA Shared Secret for 2 and 3 are the same; neither is checked off. AAA Shared Secret for 1 is a bunch of nonsense, and for HA Shared Secret, it just says "secret". Again, neither is checked off. On "data", HDR AN is blank for both NAI and password, HDR AN Long username is whatever@hcm.sprintpcs.com (it says "32" next to this), and HDR AN Long password is again a bunch of nonsense (it says "15" next to that.)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm now on a stock Sprint ROM (Android version 2.3.3, baseband version LS670MVJ_6150, kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf lg-electronics@si-rd10-BLD165 #2, build number ZVJ.47B56B46, SW version LS670ZVJ), so I have calling and text but not data.

My understanding was that the "JellyBean Super Fix-OptV-08162012" file that went with the CM10 port would solve the problem of it not being originally designed for Optimus V. It says it includes a "ZVD radio fix." I guess I don't know what exactly that means.

You're right that I didn't go into the "data" section of DFS; I don't think that was in the instructions I followed (again, links in my first post). Right now, my NAI on profile 1 is blank; on profile 2, it's whatever@mdata.vmobl.com; and on profile 3, it's whatever@prov.vmobl.com. AAA Shared Secret & HA Shared Secret for 2 and 3 are the same; neither is checked off. AAA Shared Secret for 1 is a bunch of nonsense, and for HA Shared Secret, it just says "secret". Again, neither is checked off. On "data", HDR AN is blank for both NAI and password, HDR AN Long username is whatever@hcm.sprintpcs.com (it says "32" next to this), and HDR AN Long password is again a bunch of nonsense (it says "15" next to that.)

Ok make profile 1 match profile 2 including the correct ha and AAA. Then go into the data tab use the nai from profile 2 for those fields with sprint in them and your AAA for the pwd boxes

Edit: also tomorrow if your still not able to get it I'd be happy to teamviewer with ya

Edit2: also just so you know before you tried to go to zvj the zvd radio fix would have been all you needed. Now though your probably about 90% there and it's just as much as much work to get back. There is a bonus though that the zvj radio could provide better reception

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL... now the AAA Shared Secret and HA Shared Secret for profiles 2 & 3 changed on me! They became some crazy long numbers that don't even fit in the box for profile 1! WTF?